Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keep getting logged out while writing a post!
LaterBloomer Wrote:NAP, I hope that I remember this post the next time that I have to search. It seems to me that this search isn't as easy as with the previous format.

Also, does anyone have any tips for saving posts that might prove helpful in the future? I'll read something, and think it's great and that I'll use it in the future,and then I totally forget it. I suppose I could cut and paste it in a helpul hints Word document.

Thanks for the compliment LaterBloomer!

Yes, copying and saving posts into Word would work. I also save them in Favorites or print them. Also, it seems that "Like" could be a way to keep posts for future reference. (I know you are anti-being-Liked.) I am not sure if any of the other new forum features could help with this. (oops, see Dcan's ideas above)
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
Yeah the admin probably has session timeout value in the cookie and http header settings set pretty low. This is fairly common if they are hosting on a shared server, it's to prevent to many open sessions when people are no longer actually on the system and consuming more memory than necessary. But at least they changed it from the default of 30 seconds. I have my own server and therefore set my time out values to 30 minutes, everyone seems to like that value.
Storyteller Wrote:I find myself kicked out, however, when I log back in from the kicking-out page, then I find myself back at the posting page and my copy is still there.
My question is: I see the yellow Auto-Save message pop up, but I can't figure out how to access the Auto-Save document. Sometimes I'll hit the wrong key and my copy disappears. Where is Auto-Save being saved?

^This. I just spent like an hour typing up a breakdown of a DSST test that I took today, and then it said I was logged out. Logged back in and despite the yellow auto save message, it still ate my whole post. Is there a place where the post is being saved? I'm going to re-type the post because I think it is important for people who are trying to study for the test, but this is a serious bummer. If it would have been any other post, I probably would have just said forget it.

Learned my lesson, though. Notepad first, then forum from now on. But I mean, geez. That was a college essay-sized post. My own fault, I know, but still. Sad

ETA: I found the button directly under your post that says, "Restore Saved Text", but I have no idea if this will work if you get logged out. When I logged back in, it redirected me to a blank page, and not the post I was working on.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Post formatting settings ? Chimera 2 410 03-19-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Rytr AI Writing Tool: Lifetime Subscription akr680 5 1,580 09-05-2021, 11:08 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  For Sale: Post Graduate University bjcheung77 5 1,116 05-30-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Pretentious Post-Nominal Letters jamshid666 5 2,710 09-25-2019, 06:16 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  US Masters CBE While Traveling Abroad[Long Post] yb1 7 2,699 01-09-2018, 01:45 PM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  Why do you not post on the other forum? sanantone 41 9,611 12-26-2017, 09:35 PM
Last Post: decimon
  Unable to see recent posts on my own thread when logged in Thorne 15 5,163 10-24-2017, 03:43 PM
Last Post: sgloer
  Looking for resources for writing yb1 16 3,101 11-14-2016, 09:40 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Post-Retirement IT Job Advice? (BEWARE: Crazy Question) LaterBloomer 12 2,677 08-08-2016, 10:50 AM
Last Post: LaterBloomer
  My third ALL DONE post. soliloquy 19 3,254 05-17-2016, 12:51 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77