Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liberty University Interdisciplinary Studies B.S. Online
Hello! 

I have some very specific questions about LU's Interdisciplinary Studies B.S. as well as questions about gen ed requirements for this degree. If anyone knows the answer to these questions I would greatly appreciate the help! If you have received an LU INDS B.S. degree cheaply and quickly I would love to hear what you did. 

Questions:
-For the general education requirements, there is a section called Info Literacy electives. I'm wondering if Study.com's History of the Vietnam War could go there?

-I am currently taking an Intro to New Testament course(@ Campbellsville University). I know Liberty has the requirement for BIBL 104. I am wondering however if I could transfer in Intro to NT and then take Survey of OT at Liberty and those together would fulfill the requirement of BIBL 104?

-If I did have to take BIBL 104(or even if I didn't and instead did the two classes) could BIBL 104 fulfill the requirement AND go under my Area of Study in Religion if I decided to stick with the course code BIBL for that area of study? 

-Do you know if the Institutes Ethics course could fulfill a gen-ed requirement or is it just an elective?

-When a course transfers as 1XX (like some courses on the study.com chart) could that course count as part of an Area of Study in the INDS degree?

Thank you!!
Currently, the institutes ethics course is expired as of 4/30/2019. Not sure if it will be renewed but I wouldn't plan on using it until it is confirmed renewed.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
I would suggest contacting their academic advisors. They are quite friendly and knowledgable about their programs.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
(05-07-2019, 11:27 AM)MNomadic Wrote: Currently, the institutes ethics course is expired as of 4/30/2019. Not sure if it will be renewed but I wouldn't plan on using it until it is confirmed renewed.

It is on my ACE transcript so I believe they would still honor that. That is good to know though.

(05-07-2019, 11:45 AM)videogamesrock Wrote: I would suggest contacting their academic advisors.  They are quite friendly and knowledgable about their programs.

Thank you! I will do that.
My son has considered Liberty but has not made a decision overall, but they are very friendly and helpful. Ask them questions, they will answer.

The last time someone posted about the Institutes ethics course at Liberty, it came in as a 2 credit Business elective.

You can have one hundred level classes in the AOS, but there is a minimum of Upper level classes listed for each Concentration, usually 9hrs.
23 year old son: BOG AAS from Pierpont CTC Dec 2019
Myself: BS Business/French-1991, Masters of Rehabilitation Counseling-1995, Completed the Poetry in America Series from HES for 20 credits in English in May 2019.
(05-09-2019, 08:31 AM)hsfamfun Wrote: My son has considered Liberty but has not made a decision overall, but they are very friendly and helpful.  Ask them questions, they will answer.

The last time someone posted about the Institutes ethics course at Liberty, it came in as a 2 credit Business elective.  

You can have one hundred level classes in the AOS, but there is a minimum of Upper level classes listed for each Concentration, usually 9hrs.

That is good to know! My experience so far with Liberty advising is that they're very nice, but they won't tell you where courses will come in. They say you need to send in transcripts which is something I plan to do soon. 
Thank you for sharing!
"My experience so far with Liberty advising is that they're very nice, but they won't tell you where courses will come in."
This is true, that's why it is awesome when people share that information after their evaluations.  

There is an ICE exam for BIBL 104 if you are confident in that subject.

Have you discovered this page yet? http://www.liberty.edu/academics/general...?PID=36025

Here are two older threads about Liberty University that may help.
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ity--27147

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ivalencies
23 year old son: BOG AAS from Pierpont CTC Dec 2019
Myself: BS Business/French-1991, Masters of Rehabilitation Counseling-1995, Completed the Poetry in America Series from HES for 20 credits in English in May 2019.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hsfamfun's post:
  • hannah-joy
(05-07-2019, 11:07 AM)hannah-joy Wrote: Hello! 

I have some very specific questions about LU's Interdisciplinary Studies B.S. as well as questions about gen ed requirements for this degree. If anyone knows the answer to these questions I would greatly appreciate the help! If you have received an LU INDS B.S. degree cheaply and quickly I would love to hear what you did. 

Questions:
-For the general education requirements, there is a section called Info Literacy electives. I'm wondering if Study.com's History of the Vietnam War could go there?

-I am currently taking an Intro to New Testament course(@ Campbellsville University). I know Liberty has the requirement for BIBL 104. I am wondering however if I could transfer in Intro to NT and then take Survey of OT at Liberty and those together would fulfill the requirement of BIBL 104?

-If I did have to take BIBL 104(or even if I didn't and instead did the two classes) could BIBL 104 fulfill the requirement AND go under my Area of Study in Religion if I decided to stick with the course code BIBL for that area of study? 

-Do you know if the Institutes Ethics course could fulfill a gen-ed requirement or is it just an elective?

-When a course transfers as 1XX (like some courses on the study.com chart) could that course count as part of an Area of Study in the INDS degree?

Thank you!!

https://homeschoolingforcollegecredit.co...ity-online

Every link that I used to build this match-up is at the end of the page. The table doesn't copy paste well, but this chart covers everything for your 100/200 level requirements. Beyond what you can DIY, their advisors will help too.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thomas Edison State University Transferring EdwardLong 13 1,797 09-29-2023, 12:50 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Linked University Questions for Sophia jdubley 8 1,357 09-28-2023, 10:21 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Online Self-Paced Certified Personal Trainer course ($19.99/month) worth 3 ACE credit MNomadic 1 948 01-07-2023, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Kab
  Best Place Online for Spanish I/II PseudoPepito 5 1,127 06-17-2022, 07:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Organic Chemistry and Bio Chemistry Online? yeapies 14 2,406 06-11-2022, 11:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online credit courses Mcflurry 7 1,570 03-15-2022, 12:03 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Online proctoring and Linux? mahaganapati 4 1,306 02-20-2022, 07:22 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Transfer Credit to MBA (University of People) Lekhasri 13 3,158 12-14-2021, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  Are there resources to get credits online for students in the UK? yellow_gambit 4 1,025 11-24-2021, 11:23 AM
Last Post: yellow_gambit
  Any recommendation for these online courses accredited by ACE? ayman003 10 1,989 08-16-2021, 05:05 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster