Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking at Intro to Finance and I am seeking suggestions.
Evening Degree Forum, 

As I close in on my last few classes for my degree, I am still undecided on where I am going to try to get credit for Introduction to Finance. I am currently in the BSBA program at TESU and I don't know if I should go for Davar or SDC? For those of you who have tried the course, what are your thoughts? I am not sure what sort of testing format Davar uses and I could not locate a syllabus for that course. My backup plan is the DSST, but the low pass rate is making me keep it as a backup plan. 

Thank you!
Current Course(s): Business Administration Capstone BUS-421 (TESU)

AMU (9); CSM (3); CLEP (15); DSST (3); InstantCert (15); Institutes (3)Military (51); Sophia (6); Straighterline (15); Study.com (6); Thomas Edison State University (3); University of Alaska (12)
(02-09-2020, 10:27 PM)Not_a_robot_101 Wrote: Evening Degree Forum, 

As I close in on my last few classes for my degree, I am still undecided on where I am going to try to get credit for Introduction to Finance. I am currently in the BSBA program at TESU and I don't know if I should go for Davar or SDC? For those of you who have tried the course, what are your thoughts? I am not sure what sort of testing format Davar uses and I could not locate a syllabus for that course. My backup plan is the DSST, but the low pass rate is making me keep it as a backup plan. 

Thank you!
I did intro to finance at SDC. It wasn't that bad and I had never taken a finance class before.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

(02-23-2020, 12:40 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:
(02-09-2020, 10:27 PM)Not_a_robot_101 Wrote: Evening Degree Forum, 

Thank you!
I did intro to finance at SDC. It wasn't that bad  and I had never taken a finance class before.
Awesome, thank you!
Current Course(s): Business Administration Capstone BUS-421 (TESU)

AMU (9); CSM (3); CLEP (15); DSST (3); InstantCert (15); Institutes (3)Military (51); Sophia (6); Straighterline (15); Study.com (6); Thomas Edison State University (3); University of Alaska (12)
For Study.com courses that transfer in as Intro to Finance - There are two courses from SDC, either one of them would do. You can take one and almost the entire course would be done with the other...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 373 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 711 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Sophia - Intro to Chemistry Lab now Available! ashkir 1 634 04-03-2023, 07:59 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Sophia Intro to Chemistry Lab course difficulty level EducationSeeker 6 1,257 01-09-2023, 11:33 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Study.com question - Biology 101L: Intro to Biology with Lab Mr T 6 1,514 12-31-2022, 05:27 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia - Intro to Python/Java Programming to TESU AllThose299s 4 1,202 11-03-2022, 01:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia - principals of finance or financial accounting? cclocks8 10 1,753 09-28-2022, 11:44 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Sophia - Intro to Ethics ss20ts 25 6,325 09-15-2022, 08:12 PM
Last Post: RhondaG
  New Sophia Course: Intro to Career Readiness - 1cr LL MNomadic 0 505 09-11-2022, 02:06 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Intro to Cybersecurity - Upper level NewatTESU 5 1,132 04-22-2022, 02:44 PM
Last Post: NewatTESU