Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MNOMADIC WGU BSIT Thread
Star 
Day 0

Transferred in 77/121 CUs from various sources included other RA colleges, military experience, alt credits, and IT certs.

DAY 1

4 CU completed today(one class)

I actually had lofty goals of finishing 2-4 courses today, starting right at midnight(when my semester started), but it turns out they were updating the systems at that time and by the time I was able to schedule my first OA(test), it was around noon. I wasn't able to schedule my next test until tomorrow. Also waiting on approval to schedule my 3rd course OA(this one is an IT cert). Kind of disappointed I wasn't able to move quite as fast as I'd hoped.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 8 users Like MNomadic's post:
  • BitWiseGuy, GizmoJack, Imbanewbie, ISKBizz15, jch, LevelUP, quigongene, rachel83az
(02-01-2021, 04:38 PM)MNomadic Wrote: Day 0

Transferred in 77/121 CUs from various sources included other RA colleges, military experience, alt credits, and IT certs.

DAY 1

I actually had lofty goals of finishing 2-4 courses today, starting right at midnight(when my semester started), but it turns out they were updating the systems at that time and by the time I was able to schedule my first OA(test), it was around noon. I wasn't able to schedule my next test until tomorrow. Also waiting on approval to schedule my 3rd course OA(this one is an IT cert). Kind of disappointed I wasn't able to move quite as fast as I'd hoped.

If you could keep track of how many hours it takes you to complete each course that would be helpful.  

There's a big difference between 2 weeks to complete a course @ 1hr a day versus 6hrs a day.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • rachel83az
(02-01-2021, 05:05 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 04:38 PM)MNomadic Wrote: Day 0

DAY 1

If you could keep track of how many hours it takes you to complete each course that would be helpful.  

There's a big difference between 2 weeks to complete a course @ 1hr a day versus 6hrs a day.

Honestly, that's not going to work for me. I already passed 4+ preassessments before even touching the course material. About half of my remaining courses I'll be taking the final without doing more than short review/cram sessions beforehand. For any of the courses that I'm not immediately testing out of, I don't have dedicated study time either. I listen to the materials(at 1.5-2x speed) while doing other things like driving, eating, exercising etc, and spend short bouts quizzing myself throughout the day during short breaks from other tasks. I rarely sit down and have dedicated "study time." All this to say, any figures I put out wouldn't accurately reflect what it would take someone to complete a course at WGU unless they had my background knowledge and unconventional techniques.

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • rachel83az
GOGOGO....I came in with 61 CUs and finished in less than 4 months....can you knock it out in a month? Will definitely be watching this thread.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

[-] The following 1 user Likes quigongene's post:
  • MNomadic
I also will watch it. It is awesome student from WGU finish in less time

Sent from my phone using DegreeForum.net mobile app
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA
                   Master in Project Management, University Isabel I / ENEB
                   Master in Big Data and Business Intelligent, University Isabel I, ENEB

Completed: WGU MS-CIA 2022
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Imbanewbie's post:
  • MNomadic
Course List:
  • Finite Mathematics – C277 (4)
  • Ethics in Technology – C961 (3)
  • Spreadsheets – C268 (3)
  • Cloud Foundations – C849 (3)
  • Critical Thinking and Logic – C168 (3)
  • Information Systems Management – C724 (3)
  • Linux Foundations – C851 (3)
  • Web Development Foundations – C779 (3)
  • Web Development Applications – C777 (6)
  • User Interface Design – C773 (4)
  • Emerging Technologies – C850 (2)
  • Technical Communication – C768 (3)
  • IT Capstone Written Project – C769 (4)
DAY 2
Finished Ethics in tech, I guess Institutes Ethics, Sophia Ethics, TEEX Cyber Ethics, and all my other IT/cyber courses and certs payed off since I didn't need to study anything here. Apparently I couldn't just take my cloud foundations test(AWS CCP) because I first had to request approval(wait) then request my voucher. I'm waiting on that so next I'll take spreadsheets and request my next 2 classes added to my term.

edit: actually I already got the AWS voucher, it was only a few hours before it arrived in my email, though it said it may take up to 5 business days.

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
CSM(3cr)
  • probablystupid
DAY 3
Knocked out spreadsheets today putting me at 3 classes in 3 days(10CUs). Scheduled for Cloud Foundations(AWS CCP) tomorrow late at night. I wanted to do it sooner but there weren't many options with Pearson Vue. Should be able to knock out critical thinking and logic friday between some appointments. I wanted to knock out my first 6 courses this week, but I'm probably going to take the weekend off.

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
CSM(3cr)
  • quigongene
Big Grin 
DAY 4
Finished my AWS CCP exam right before midnight which puts me at 4 OAs in 4 days for 13 CUs. I'm now officially done with my term! Just kidding, I already added the next 2 classes.

You know, I really didn't like that certification exam because it involved memorizing a LOT of random services that are AWS specific and not intuitively named. I wish I could have gone with their older cloud foundations option of CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ just because it's a good for life cert and vendor agnostic. Since I don't currently plan on pursuing any more AWS certs or jobs, this one doesn't help me much. Oh well, it's done with. I hope I never have to tell a customer about the benefits of Aurora over Dynamo RDS or why they should incorporate Elastic Beanstalk and Athena for their cloud needs. Rolleyes

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
CSM(3cr)
[-] The following 3 users Like MNomadic's post:
  • jch, quigongene, rachel83az
(02-05-2021, 02:04 AM)MNomadic Wrote: DAY 4
Finished my AWS CCP exam right before midnight which puts me at 4 OAs in 4 days for 13 CUs. I'm now officially done with my term! Just kidding, I already added the next 2 classes.

You know, I really didn't like that certification exam because it involved memorizing a LOT of random services that are AWS specific and not intuitively named. I wish I could have gone with their older cloud foundations option of CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ just because it's a good for life cert and vendor agnostic. Since I don't currently plan on pursuing any more AWS certs or jobs, this one doesn't help me much. Oh well, it's done with. I hope I never have to tell a customer about the benefits of Aurora over Dynamo RDS or why they should incorporate Elastic Beanstalk and Athena for their cloud needs. Rolleyes

The good news is that you may be contacted by Amazon for jobs now...my husband started getting requests for interviews 2 days after passing the AWS Certified Solutions Architect-Associate exam.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • MNomadic
(02-05-2021, 02:04 AM)MNomadic Wrote: DAY 4

I did roughly the same thing (entire "term" in 5 days).

Emailed my mentor: "OK, now what?"
Mentor: "What do you want to do? I'm not going to stand in your way."
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

[-] The following 3 users Like quigongene's post:
  • MNomadic, rachel83az, ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WGU Master's in Elementary Education - Progress Thread nykorn 1 197 03-22-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  BSIT TO MSITM Program - Should I take required Certs before enrolling in degree? Brandon.Thomas.Downer 2 372 11-16-2023, 03:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Which certs do you need to complete the BSIT? IceSparkle 11 1,558 04-14-2023, 03:59 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Documenting My Journey: WGU BSIT-Security Thorne 79 21,790 01-24-2018, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Thorne
  WGU BSIT Clep centurionpizza 1 1,103 06-08-2014, 12:03 AM
Last Post: sanantone