Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Masters With What School?
(08-06-2022, 09:34 PM)learningthehardway Wrote: I like all of these schools everyone is listing. Just trying to narrow down who would be the fastest now lol. Going for that promo at work, so you know how that time crunch can get! lol. I may be able to bump up the money. Since I last spoke, I found out I can still get Student Loans for financial aid, and my job still will do some assistance. Since I will have my bachelor they will stop the full reimbursement but will still offer some help. So I guess so far the options are

WGU, Hellenic American University, UMPI, Eastern University, Amberton, Purdue Global, Umass Global. I did want to throw Walden and EC in there as well. I kind of hear some good stuff about them as well.

So I am not the best with papers but I can do decent in them. I just hate writing them, so part of me wants to say that's probably a no to UMPI and UMass Global.

Again, just looking for the fastest masters now ultimately. It can be either MBA, MSML, MAOL, or any other business Master's. Heck, it can even be a Liberal Arts style master's like my BLS lol. I was going for business because I own businesses BUT if there there is a BLS style of master's similar to the bachelor that is quick, I am all for it, then I will just go back for an MBA or something later if needed/wanted.

I really appreciate everyone's help. Sorry if I am asking of you all too too much. My apologies.
Fastest you want a CBE program like WGU, UMPI etc.

It's only fast of course if you can accelerate and make the 2-4hrs a day plus most full weekends.
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
(08-06-2022, 09:34 PM)learningthehardway Wrote: I like all of these schools everyone is listing. Just trying to narrow down who would be the fastest now lol. Going for that promo at work, so you know how that time crunch can get! lol. I may be able to bump up the money. Since I last spoke, I found out I can still get Student Loans for financial aid, and my job still will do some assistance. Since I will have my bachelor they will stop the full reimbursement but will still offer some help. So I guess so far the options are

WGU, Hellenic American University, UMPI, Eastern University, Amberton, Purdue Global, Umass Global. I did want to throw Walden and EC in there as well. I kind of hear some good stuff about them as well.

So I am not the best with papers but I can do decent in them. I just hate writing them, so part of me wants to say that's probably a no to UMPI and UMass Global.

Again, just looking for the fastest masters now ultimately. It can be either MBA, MSML, MAOL, or any other business Master's. Heck, it can even be a Liberal Arts style master's like my BLS lol. I was going for business because I own businesses BUT if there there is a BLS style of master's similar to the bachelor that is quick, I am all for it, then I will just go back for an MBA or something later if needed/wanted.

I really appreciate everyone's help. Sorry if I am asking of you all too too much. My apologies.

WGU's MBA is around 40% exams, 60% performance tasks. Most of the tasks are on the simpler side, with pretty extensive templates & examples available between the course materials, social media groups, and other resources. The MSML at WGU is more like 70% performance tasks and 30% exams for what it's worth.

UMass Global's program is the same as UMPI's MAOL, so again, a ton of writing. Walden also sounds like a fair bit of writing (but not as bad as PUG or UMPI/UMass).
It really depends on you, If I was in your shoes, your ranking of choices should go HAU or WGU > UMPI > Walden
If you don't mind just RA, 4 semesters of asynchronous courses, you can go for the HAU MBA for $3K, you can split this into two payments.
If your employer does tuition assistance/reimbursement, you are best off with a degree that is closest to "free". HAU/WGU maybe just that!

WGU gives you two ACBSP options, MSML or the MBA, and you can finish them in 1 term of 6 months or less and for around $4K
UMPI has the MAOL, can be done in 2 sessions, this is going to be $4K roughly, but you will need to "speed" through it in 4 months
Walden is ACBSP for their MBA, but their program is $2900/3 months, it'll be $6K/6 months, if you finish in 2 terms
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 3 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • FastTrackDegree, MrPanda, OtterDen
(08-07-2022, 12:07 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: It really depends on you, If I was in your shoes, your ranking of choices should go HAU or WGU > UMPI > Walden
If you don't mind just RA, 4 semesters of asynchronous courses, you can go for the HAU MBA for $3K, you can split this into two payments.
If your employer does tuition assistance/reimbursement, you are best off with a degree that is closest to "free".  HAU/WGU maybe just that!

WGU gives you two ACBSP options, MSML or the MBA, and you can finish them in 1 term of 6 months or less and for around $4K
UMPI has the MAOL, can be done in 2 sessions, this is going to be $4K roughly, but you will need to "speed" through it in 4 months
Walden is ACBSP for their MBA, but their program is $2900/3 months, it'll be $6K/6 months, if you finish in 2 terms

Is there a really big difference between only RA and ACBSP? I know RA is supposed to be a lot better than NA. But when it comes to those secondary accreditations does it really matter much? I get confused when it comes to the secondary stuff. HAU or WGU is starting to look like the move from what everyone else is saying. I really don't like writing much, so WGU sounds better I guess, and faster. I was to attend WGU for the fall but opted for UMPI for the BLS instead. But master's program I might have to go back lol

(08-06-2022, 09:58 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

Throw out PUG. It's even more papers than UMPI. You will have to do a significant amount of writing in grad school.

Got it! Thanks I will remove from the list!

(08-06-2022, 10:15 PM)dbinghamjr Wrote:

WGU's MBA is around 40% exams, 60% performance tasks. Most of the tasks are on the simpler side, with pretty extensive templates & examples available between the course materials, social media groups, and other resources. The MSML at WGU is more like 70% performance tasks and 30% exams for what it's worth.

UMass Global's program is the same as UMPI's MAOL, so again, a ton of writing. Walden also sounds like a fair bit of writing (but not as bad as PUG or UMPI/UMass).

So I am assuming based on that, 40% of exams and 60% of performance tasks,  that the performance task is writing? or are those exams? I am sure if it is a project with templates that would work well for me. I like projects, usually, I don't mind multiple choice exams either. It is just the writing part lol.
Pierpont Community and Technical College - BOG A.A.S. Spring 2022 
University of Maine at Presque Isle - BLS with a Concentration in Management (In Progress)
Course Breakdown: Local Technical College: 21 Credits, Sophia Learning: 73 CreditsStudy.com: In Progress, UMPI: In Progress
I want to say thank you to EVERYONE for their assistance. You all are awesome!
(08-07-2022, 08:40 AM)learningthehardway Wrote:
(08-07-2022, 12:07 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: It really depends on you, If I was in your shoes, your ranking of choices should go HAU or WGU > UMPI > Walden
If your employer does tuition assistance/reimbursement, you are best off with a degree that is closest to "free".  HAU/WGU maybe just that!

Is there a really big difference between only RA and ? I know RA is supposed to be a lot better than NA. But when it comes to those secondary accreditations does it really matter much? I get confused wACBSPhen it comes to the secondary stuff. HAU or WGU is starting to look like the move from what everyone else is saying. I really don't like writing much, so WGU sounds better I guess, and faster. I was to attend WGU for the fall but opted for UMPI for the BLS instead. But master's program I might have to go back lol

In the real world the secondary accreditation only matters if you're going to go into academia (or for a doctorate) - and then it matters that the secondary is the 'right' secondary for that academic program (ACBSP is currently #2 on ranking choice).  Keep in mind too that you hear ACBSP mentioned a great deal on this forum, but it only applies to business programs. I would say it matters more that a school is RA (although there are people who would debate even that). There are people who would avoid WGU all together because it is too well know (same as SNHU) because they advertise all the time many people don't like the idea of having one of those "TV school degrees" (I'm not one of them, I'm currently helping a friend prepare to attend WGU for their BNS), the same could be said not state vs private, non-profit vs for profit, etc. 

WGU is a good choice if you want low cost and Quick (mostly quick, because they lose their low cost if you're not quick)- also a plus, no textbooks to buy/rent. Good if you have a strong existing background in business topics already, could be a challenge if you don't (as it is competency based, the more you know going in the quicker and easier it will be to complete). I have heard about more people completing the MSML in one term than the MBA, but it has been done. WGU is more known than HAU due to their large media presence, again that is both good and bad.  They are RA, most employers would consider that more important than any secondary accreditation.

HAU is good if low cost is key. I have family member in the 3k MBA program and books cost have been quite low (they are halfway through); their employer agreed to cover the cost 'per class' (because they are RA, therefore 'legit' in the employer's eyes) and they get reimburse the $250 per course (and that is the cost Per Class when all is said an done, crazy cheap). My family member likes the no pressure to finish the degree, one course at a time (7 weeks each) approach - degree will be done when done (then MBA for life).  Has learned a great deal, they did not have a business undergrad so the material is new for the most part. This is where the true ROI comes in for them, low cost (near free) and gained knowledge from a school that can be verified as 'legit' by any future employers (if they ever bother to check) due to their RA status.

Writing is part of graduate school. HAU does have a capstone (paper), so there is that to consider I suppose. 

If you really just want a check the box master then you could look into Amberton for their MA Professional Development; it is the option I ended up with - I started at WGU for their MS ITM, then Eastern for Data Science - both good (for other people) they just weren't what I was looking for or needed; but a master degree was a 'must have' for me.  The Amberton MA Professional Development allowed me not to waste the credits I had earned from those schools I listed, and I was able to take whatever courses they offered that interested me to finish - they do have 2 required graduate courses, other than that whatever you want works (it could equate your master version of your BLS).  I transferred in the 12 credits from my previous graduate school(s), but you can speed it up and save money by choosing to take some VESi courses to fill up those 12 transfer credits.  To date the best post on this degree remains that one I learned about the program from in the first place, that is the one by kevinmane (information is still relevant although costs are slightly higher now, but not by much) - https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-graduated - Amberton has been more popular here as of late, and they do have some other course flexible business degree options as well. If you do want more information on Amberton I would suggest a new thread on just them to get the most feedback possible.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(08-07-2022, 08:40 AM)learningthehardway Wrote: So I am assuming based on that, 40% of exams and 60% of performance tasks,  that the performance task is writing? or are those exams? I am sure if it is a project with templates that would work well for me. I like projects, usually, I don't mind multiple choice exams either. It is just the writing part lol.

This Reddit post is a solid overview of WGU's MBA:
https://www.reddit.com/r/WGU_MBA/comment...urse_mega/

Overall, a performance task (performative assessment in WGUspeak Tongue) is generally a paper, but most of them are more like a "question and answer" type format, not so much like a research paper, so while the end result might be a 10-15 page paper, it's rarely 10-15 pages about the same topic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dbinghamjr's post:
  • FastTrackDegree
Any word on tamuc mba? I search forums and only see bachelor's
University of Maine at Presque Isle - BLS with a Concentration in Management (In Progress)
Course Breakdown: Local Technical College: 21 Credits, Sophia Learning: 73 CreditsStudy.com: In Progress, UMPI: In Progress
learningthehardway Wrote:Any word on tamuc mba? I search forums and only see bachelor's

Not many people on the board, if any has taken that MBA, the main reason is cost, it's $2,540 for 6 credits, you need 30 to finish the degree, the fastest one can finish is probably 18 months as the program is a 24 month version (2 year program).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-10-2022, 11:42 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
learningthehardway Wrote:Any word on tamuc mba? I search forums and only see bachelor's

Not many people on the board, if any has taken that MBA, the main reason is cost, it's $2,540 for 6 credits, you need 30 to finish the degree, the fastest one can finish is probably 18 months as the program is a 24 month version (2 year program).
Welp, scratch that off the list lol. I'm not waiting 18 months lol. I thought it was CBE sigh. Lol I guess based on time it is either WGU's MBA or MSML or Amberton's MS Human Relations and Business or MS in Professional Development. 

Cost based would be HUA MBA. I'd be there longer but it's cheaper essentially. WGU is next then Amberton. 

I have to just make up my mind I guess. I didn't see any other low cost MS that are CBE or low cost.
Anyone have any updated info on Amberton's MS in Human Relations and Business AND/OR on their MS in Professional Development. I am debating those two as possible fast Masters. My other option was WGU MSML. I may go back and get an MBA in the future but for now, just looking for a quick and easy masters to check a box.
[-] The following 1 user Likes learningthehardway's post:
  • Vle045

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Name Brand, RA, State School Degree - Penn State World PreLawCoastie 7 1,219 03-02-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  Purdue Global Masters in IT -- certification credit walruspanda 3 981 04-18-2023, 12:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Kibo School Bsc Comp Sci? FrHaseKopf 2 710 07-25-2022, 10:35 AM
Last Post: FrHaseKopf
  BLS Management to Masters in HR Management learningthehardway 10 1,362 05-22-2022, 09:34 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Best School To Transfer Over 200 credits spencydub 17 2,604 12-22-2021, 01:40 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Honestly looking for Easy/Casual School Unistic 35 5,022 11-28-2021, 12:49 PM
  Big Three -> B/M School MrWileyCoyote 5 1,315 04-14-2020, 12:54 PM
  How different are capstones from school to school? suzycupcake 16 3,297 07-15-2019, 12:57 PM
Last Post: SuZQ2
  Big 3 to Lawyer/Law School in CA - Feedback Requested slaterjack 10 3,264 03-29-2019, 09:01 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Which school, if any, would be best for applying to a top 20 grad school? cstobler 9 1,703 01-16-2019, 10:42 AM
Last Post: tesu-acct-student