Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Masters Not a Good Idea
In many countries companies don't have to pay you more just because you have more education. But the education can get you a spot at a better company - not as in famous, as in one that actually respects its employees and doesn't do illegal stuff. This is especially true in the ESL teaching world where a degree in Education is like gold to many employers in Asia. It also opens up alternative routes such as an entrepreneur visa for opening up your own school (requiring proof of competency in the subject - in this case your degree).

I have certainly had a lot of interviewers think I was overqualified. But you don't want to accept a job from people who think you won't be loyal just because you have a few fancy pieces of paper - it shows what they think of their own company.
(09-08-2023, 03:11 PM)nykorn Wrote: In many countries companies don't have to pay you more just because you have more education. But the education can get you a spot at a better company - not as in famous, as in one that actually respects its employees and doesn't do illegal stuff. This is especially true in the ESL teaching world where a degree in Education is like gold to many employers in Asia. It also opens up alternative routes such as an entrepreneur visa for opening up your own school (requiring proof of competency in the subject - in this case your degree).

I have certainly had a lot of interviewers think I was overqualified. But you don't want to accept a job from people who think you won't be loyal just because you have a few fancy pieces of paper - it shows what they think of their own company.

Why are you commenting on numerous dead threads from years ago? Many of the folks who started these threads are long gone so they won't see new comments years later.
(09-08-2023, 03:50 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(09-08-2023, 03:11 PM)nykorn Wrote: In many countries companies don't have to pay you more just because you have more education. But the education can get you a spot at a better company - not as in famous, as in one that actually respects its employees and doesn't do illegal stuff. This is especially true in the ESL teaching world where a degree in Education is like gold to many employers in Asia. It also opens up alternative routes such as an entrepreneur visa for opening up your own school (requiring proof of competency in the subject - in this case your degree).

Why are you commenting on numerous dead threads from years ago? Many of the folks who started these threads are long gone so they won't see new comments years later.
If it means for a few precious moments that the 15 most recent posts in the graduate degree forum aren’t about the latest potential way to launder ECTS from ENEB into something useful, I am kind of ok with it.
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
[-] The following 1 user Likes freeloader's post:
  • Flelm
(09-08-2023, 08:55 PM)freeloader Wrote:
(09-08-2023, 03:50 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

If it means for a few precious moments that the 15 most recent posts in the graduate degree forum aren’t about the latest potential way to launder ECTS from ENEB into something useful, I am kind of ok with it.
This forum has been built on draining a new resource for everything it has and then jumping onto the next thing. ENEB will pass, and a new one will frustrate you. If you are interested in more options at the graduate level, you should spend more time on the sister site.
Virginia University of Lynchburg Doctorate of Healthcare Administration 2024
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
University of Presque Isle BABA Management and Leadership, magna cum lauda
RANSOMSOUL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 3 273 03-23-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 494 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 266 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  A very big thank you to this group. I have completed my Masters in IT from PUG NewatTESU 31 4,098 03-14-2024, 11:07 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Comp Sci (or related) Masters? Options? techmama 17 2,974 03-02-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: KMcLean
  ENEB MASTERS Accreditation, Questions Sara143 10 1,629 02-20-2024, 02:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Teesside University has some interesting Masters programs that cost around 9k USD nyvrem 5 521 02-17-2024, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Tomas
  Masters level credits from Sophia and others? jb111 24 1,591 02-09-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7
  Summary of ENEB Masters in Big Data and Business Intelligence Pinko64 4 1,135 02-04-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: housecat
  Online Psych Masters from VIU, WES Canada eligible? Earind_00 6 1,275 01-31-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: muca3