Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Math 97
Does anyone know if TESU still accepts Math 97 from SDC?  I was just told by someone at SDC that TESU doesn't accept it for credit anymore which is why it was left off all my transcripts.  I have an email in to academic advising but they're closed now.  I'm just freaking out a little because I abhor math and would be devastated to have to have to take another course. (Sorry for the melodrama - it's been a day of frustrating news from TESU and I do truly hate math.)
BALS-Humanities from TESU - June 2019

CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, US History 2, West Civ 1, Intro Sociology, American Lit, Humanities, Soc. Sci & History, English Lit
Sophia - Intro to Info Tech, Art History 1, Visual Communications, Managing Conflict, Building Effective Teams
Study - Personal Finance, Comm 120, Math 97, Bus 121, Lib Sci 101, Eng 104, Nutrition 101, Eng 105, His 108, Pol. Sci 102, Earth Sci 104, His 308, Bus 313, His 102, Eng 305, His 105, His 106, His 306, Geometry 101, Bus 324, Com 102
Institutes - Insurance Ethics
TESU - Cornerstone, Music History 2 TECEP, LIB Capstone

Further Credits - Sophia - Conflict Resolution, Enviro Science, Microecon, Intro to Stats, Into to Ethics, Found. of Stats, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Macroecon, Intro to Business, Project Management, Accounting, Art History 2
(01-03-2019, 06:01 PM)TexasTink Wrote: Does anyone know if TESU still accepts Math 97 from SDC?  I was just told by someone at SDC that TESU doesn't accept it for credit anymore which is why it was left off all my transcripts.  I have an email in to academic advising but they're closed now.  I'm just freaking out a little because I abhor math and would be devastated to have to have to take another course. (Sorry for the melodrama - it's been a day of frustrating news from TESU and I do truly hate math.)

Last I checked Math 97 comes in as MAT-105 (Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics) at TESU. However, this may have changed when they last revised the articulation agreement.

Hmmm... Math 97 no longer shows on the Study.com transfer tab for TESU, so it is possible that its now considered developmental like Math 98 and 99.

Either way, it should still show on your transcripts. If it's been downgraded, it will be listed at the very bottom of the TESU transcript under "Other Courses" and will have *DEV listed in the notes; it may also have a course code like DMT-###.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Do you know when they revised it?

If this class doesn't work for me, I just want to be sure that TESU will accept all other SDC math courses for the Quantitative Literacy requirement?

SDC refused to put it on my transcript because TESU supposedly no longer accepts it. So it didn't even get sent over. If I want it added to the transcript, I have to specifically tell them to include it from now on.

CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, US History 2, West Civ 1, Intro Sociology, American Lit, Humanities, Soc. Sci & History, English Lit
Sophia - Intro to Info Tech, Art History 1, Visual Communications, Managing Conflict, Building Effective Teams
Study - Personal Finance, Comm 120, Math 97, Bus 121, Lib Sci 101, Eng 104, Nutrition 101, Eng 105, His 108, Pol. Sci 102, Earth Sci 104, His 308, Bus 313, His 102, Eng 305, His 105, His 106, His 306, Geometry 101, Bus 324, Com 102

Further Credits - Sophia - Conflict Resolution, Enviro Science, Microecon, Intro to Stats, Into to Ethics, Found. of Stats, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Macroecon, Intro to Business, Project Management, Accounting, Art History 2
(01-03-2019, 06:51 PM)TexasTink Wrote: Do you know when they revised it?

If this class doesn't work for me, I just want to be sure that TESU will accept all other SDC math courses for the Quantitative Literacy requirement?

SDC refused to put it on my transcript because TESU supposedly no longer accepts it.  So it didn't even get sent over.  If I want it added to the transcript, I have to specifically tell them to include it from now on.

Hmm, when did SDC start filtering transcripts? There are a lot of SDC courses that TESU doesn't officially reflect in a transfer agreement yet they do accept. I would expect them to always send over everything since even if TESU doesn't accept it now, they can change their mind at any time.

If it were me, I'd ask Study.com to just send everything. You paid for it, you should be able to send it. If TESU doesn't accept it, you can either ask for clarification or challenge since it was accepted until recently, or just accept it and move on to another course, but you'll know for sure one way or the other.

If TESU doesn't take it you could always try taking the Liberal Arts Math TECEP since you already passed Math 97 and that TECEP should cover similar material. SDC also offers a specific study course for that TECEP that you can use as a refresher if needs be.

I have math issues myself, so I can understand where you're coming from. I ended up using ALEKS since you can work up to the level you need, up to College Algebra & Precalculus anyway. I think pretty much anyone can earn math credits that way.

Alternatively, you could try to take one of the other easier math courses on Study.com, like Math 102 (comes in as MAT-102: General Math I), though I'm not 100% sure what math you need for your degree. Next easiest would probably be Math 101 (comes in as MAT-115: Intermediate Algebra).
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
anything under 100 should be remedial and I wouldn't think be accepted anywhere

there's a liberal arts math TECEP if you're interested in that. it's only $75 or whatever and I guess you already know the material

I personally avoid college math like the plague but i'm going to end up taking statistics and liberal arts math before it's over, just because i have to
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

TESU stopped taking that course - maybe back in January? Can't remember the date, but it was quite a while ago.

Your next easier options:
1) Applied Liberal Arts Math TECEP or DSST - extremely easy
2) College Math via Study.com or CLEP
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I didn't know this, and it's potentially a huge problem for me. I took it in may 2018, and at that time, it was listed (at Study.com at least) as equivalent to Math 105 at TESU. I wouldn't have taken it otherwise.

Fingers crossed that I can get them to accept it!!
Bachelor of Arts: Psychology - TESU (pending conferral)
120/120 units complete

SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resources)
Anticipated Completion Date: 3/31/2019

Master of Human Resource Management - CSU Global
Start Date: 7/1/2019
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nodaclu's post:
  • Life Long Learning
(01-09-2019, 01:36 PM)Nodaclu Wrote: I didn't know this, and it's potentially a huge problem for me. I took it in may 2018, and at that time, it was listed (at Study.com at least) as equivalent to Math 105 at TESU. I wouldn't have taken it otherwise.

Fingers crossed that I can get them to accept it!!

I also took it in May. The advisors I talked to didn’t know anything about it. Study.com just resent my transcript with the course on it today. I just took another math class so I would be covered since it doesn’t appear to transfer. But we’ll see! I’ll post results when I get them!

Nodaclu/TexasTink, did you two not submit it for evaluation/transfer after you finished the courses? If it was done in May, you should be able to look up your "what if" and see if the Math 97 did come over as MAT-105. If it did, the audit for graduation should be fine. If it doesn't show up or it shows up in the "other" field, then you may want to state your case in an appeal, or quickly take a secondary math course at Study.com or whatever provider you like most.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Once we take a course and submit transcripts, and if policies are changed thereafter, will we not be allowed to continue on the older agreement? Bcos this can be very unsettling. Imagine coming close to the finish line and being told that 2 months after you finished some courses and transferred the credits, they were deemed not suitable.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,715 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Any good self-paced option for math such as Calculus II? zcao15 3 1,012 06-11-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study.com Math 108: Discrete Mathematics - Optional Quiz and final exam Titan_s 5 2,118 11-11-2022, 10:13 AM
Last Post: simonbellfi
  Need 12 Math Credits - Please Help (and read :) ) acamp 48 8,907 07-08-2022, 08:47 PM
Last Post: creationstory
  Math Course Giantzebra 18 3,482 05-29-2022, 10:47 PM
Last Post: StudentOLife
  Coopersmith Upper Level Math? eriehiker 19 4,818 05-27-2022, 08:06 PM
  Study.com Discrete Math prereqs decibel 18 3,716 03-16-2022, 12:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Algebra - which provider for math idiot back2schoolin22 8 1,345 02-02-2022, 08:40 PM
  SDC | Discrete Math akr680 2 1,261 08-16-2021, 12:36 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Math Question lidel 8 1,044 06-17-2021, 11:18 AM
Last Post: lidel