Psychology

Sociology
Microeconomics
Macroeconomics

MATHEMATICS
College Algebra or Statistics

NATURAL SCIENCES W/O LAB
Environmental Science

Biology (don't take if you want a Bio w/Lab for the Lab science requirement)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 5 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • ARhead, Clepper43, kevie, LongRoad, rachel83az
Ancient Greek Philosophers likely satisfies Non-US History or Culture. Environmental Science might satisfy Global Understanding (per the current master list of exams, DSST Environmental Science is listed as satisfying Global Understanding; AP Environmental Science is on the master list but is not listed as satisfying Global Understanding).
This is so helpful. I bet a lot of people on the fourm would be greatful for this. Newbies keep asking the same questions so hopefully this cuts down on the number of the same threads.

Then I'm assuming all other courses not listed would be counted as free electives assuming that COSC takes them But couldn't biology be science as well?
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • Clepper43
(05-24-2020, 12:54 PM)natshar Wrote: This is so helpful. I bet a lot of people on the fourm would be greatful for this. Newbies keep asking the same questions so hopefully this cuts down on the number of the same threads.

Then I'm assuming all other courses not listed would be counted as free electives assuming that COSC takes them But couldn't biology be science as well?

Biology is science, but it's SO much easier to find a Bio w/Lab course (SL, Study.com) that I wouldn't advise someone to take Bio unless they wanted to take the lab elsewhere.  It would duplicate the Bio w/Lab at Study.com, which is the cheapest option available.

I edited my list to include Bio, as well as Philosophers in Non-US Culture.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-24-2020, 04:55 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Biology is science, but it's SO much easier to find a Bio w/Lab course (SL, Study.com) that I wouldn't advise someone to take Bio unless they wanted to take the lab elsewhere.  It would duplicate the Bio w/Lab at Study.com, which is the cheapest option available.

The Sophia course is Human Biology. That's different from the general biology courses Straighterline and Study.com offer.  Human Biology is much more weighted in human anatomy and physiology while having no botany, no ecology, and no species evolution and differentiation (except that human bio has some genetics specific to differences among humans).

General practice at colleges is to treat general biology and human biology as separate non-overlapping courses.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jonathan Whatley's post:
  • ss20ts, Tedium
(05-24-2020, 05:49 PM)Jonathan Whatley Wrote:
(05-24-2020, 04:55 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Biology is science, but it's SO much easier to find a Bio w/Lab course (SL, Study.com) that I wouldn't advise someone to take Bio unless they wanted to take the lab elsewhere.  It would duplicate the Bio w/Lab at Study.com, which is the cheapest option available.

The Sophia course is Human Biology. That's different from the general biology courses Straighterline and Study.com offer.  Human Biology is much more weighted in human anatomy and physiology while having no botany, no ecology, and no species evolution and differentiation (except that human bio has some genetics specific to differences among humans).

General practice at colleges is to treat general biology and human biology as separate non-overlapping courses.

Actually I took Intro to Biology at CC and I realized that Sophia biology would actually transfer to TESU differently than the bio I did at CC on my eval. 

However, some colleges at least all of the CC's and B&M schools I attended or looked into required two science courses, in two different disciplines. I do not know if COSC has this requirement or not.
(05-24-2020, 06:19 PM)natshar Wrote:
(05-24-2020, 05:49 PM)Jonathan Whatley Wrote:

Actually I took Intro to Biology at CC and I realized that Sophia biology would actually transfer to TESU differently than the bio I did at CC on my eval. 

However, some colleges at least all of the CC's and B&M schools I attended or looked into required two science courses, in two different disciplines. I do not know if COSC has this requirement or not.

Since I don't know if COSC will bring those in as different courses, I'm just not going to recommend someone take both.  But if you know specifically what they bring the Sophia course and Study.com or SL courses in as, and they're different, please let us know.
It seems relevant that the Charter Oak catalog: Courses: Biology indicates Charter Oak offers separate in-house courses in general biology and human biology, BIO 110 and BIO 130 respectively. While there's a note that neither can be used toward a Biology concentration, there's no note the credits from one overlap credits from the other.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jonathan Whatley's post:
  • Clepper43
(05-25-2020, 10:09 AM)Jonathan Whatley Wrote: It seems relevant that the Charter Oak catalog: Courses: Biology indicates Charter Oak offers separate in-house courses in general biology and human biology, BIO 110 and BIO 130 respectively. While there's a note that neither can be used toward a Biology concentration, there's no note the credits from one overlap credits from the other.

Well, I can't edit my post at this point to say Human Biology, but like I said, I try to do what I know with certainty, and I just don't know how COSC treats different courses, so I can't put in there that I know how something will come in.

But feel free to create your own post telling people what you know.
(05-24-2020, 12:19 PM)dfrecore Wrote: WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
English Comp I
English Comp II

ORAL COMMUNICATION
Public Speaking

ETHICAL DECISION-MAKING
Intro to Ethics

US HISTORY/GOVERNMENT
US History I

US History II

GLOBAL UNDERSTANDING and NON-US HISTORY OR CULTURE
Religion

LITERATURE & FINE ARTS
Art History I

Art History II
Visual Communication

SOCIAL/BEHAVIORAL SCIENCE
Psychology

Sociology
Microeconomics
Macroeconomics

MATHEMATICS
College Algebra or Statistics

NATURAL SCIENCES W/O LAB
Environmental Science

Biology (don't take if you want a Bio w/Lab for the Lab science requirement)
Wow, I almost have all of these completed (equivalents through Community college, SL and Sophia).

Does it mean for government COSC doesn't requireAmerican Government
So if I transfer all to COSC from TESU. And get an AA at COSC. Then I can pursue the BA portion anywhere else and all the basic AA portion categories are considered fulfilled?

What is the residency fee at COSC?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 101 52,271 Yesterday, 06:22 PM
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 376 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,650 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 277 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,794 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,864 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,393 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 546 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 3 603 03-01-2024, 09:13 PM
  Sophia - Managerial Accounting and Lifespan chentastic 36 3,958 02-28-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: vaticidalprophet