Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mistake(s) on final BA transcript?
I noticed a couple minor mistakes on the transcript that came with my TESU diploma. The letter enclosed says to correct any errors found, and send the transcript back to the Registrar's office.

My question is if anyone else here has had to request a correction(s), and if so how long might a transcript take to be corrected after the request is received? And should I follow up with an email or call?

Also, on the back of the official transcript there is a discrepancy (or so it appears to me), with one part of the gpa paragraph stating 2018, and the other areas stating 2008. It shows the letter was updated in 2011... might this 2008/2018 be a typo? And if so, will anyone (i.e. an employer) potentially ever care? :leaving:
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Mamasaphire Wrote:I noticed a couple minor mistakes on the transcript that came with my TESU diploma. The letter enclosed says to correct any errors found, and send the transcript back to the Registrar's office.

My question is if anyone else here has had to request a correction(s), and if so how long might a transcript take to be corrected after the request is received? And should I follow up with an email or call?

Also, on the back of the official transcript there is a discrepancy (or so it appears to me), with one part of the gpa paragraph stating 2018, and the other areas stating 2008. It shows the letter was updated in 2011... might this 2008/2018 be a typo? And if so, will anyone (i.e. an employer) potentially ever care? :leaving:

Personally I would be getting it all fixed. But maybe that's just me. Most likely a typo but why not get it fixed so there is no worry. I personally wouldn't want to submit any documentation to a job that was full of typos. Comes off as unprofessional to me.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Synicaal Wrote:Personally I would be getting it all fixed. But maybe that's just me. Most likely a typo but why not get it fixed so there is no worry. I personally wouldn't want to submit any documentation to a job that was full of typos. Comes off as unprofessional to me.

I sent copies of everything, with sticky notes and highlighting showing what I thought was wrong, so it should be very clear what needed to be fixed. Hopefully the Registrar's graduation department is more efficient at fixing multiple issues than academic advising typically is Wink

I wonder how long it should take, and if I need to follow up with the department...?
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Yeah, I'm on team "accuracy" too. Mainly because you don't know what you don't know- and this will be a breeze to fix today, maybe not the case in 10 years.
Yup, I also vote for getting all the errors on your transcript corrected now.

My opinion is, you paid to attend TESU, you paid TESU for your Capstone course, you paid TESU a graduation fee - they owe you a "spot on" perfect transcript.

(I'd follow-up with a phone call to the Registrar, too).
"I dwell in Possibility."  Emily Dickinson
2011-12  CLEP
 Int Psych - 75 / H G & D - 69 / Ed Psych - 72 / Am Lit - 80  / A & I Lit - 75 / Eng Lit - 73 2012-13  SL  Eng Comp I - 95.3% P /
Eng Comp II - 97.5% P 2014  EC/UEXCEL  Ab Psych - A / Soc Psych - A / Psych A & A - A  / Gerontology - A / Info Lit - P 2015 BYU Sport Psych - A / DSST Sub Abuse - 470 / Int World Rel - 481 / H T Y H - 465 / Tor College HIS 301 - 81% P 2016 EC LA498 Capstone - A
1991 AA Liberal Arts USNY Regents College
2016 BSLA Magna Cum Laude Excelsior College  - A 5 year journey COMPLETED!

2017-2019 Study.com Certs. - Am Lit/Brit Lit/Shakespeare/Poetry Review Shmoop - Shakespeare's Plays/Shakespeare in Context/Women's Lit
Thanks everyone for the support! Got my new & improved (ie. corrected) transcript today :hurray:

The steps I took were:
highlighting all the errors I found on the transcript itself (well a photocopy in case something got lost), and using sticky notes which also detailed the errors and how I wanted to have them fixed.
I mailed that off with some extra postage on the envelope.
Then after suggestions here on the forum, emailed the Registrar's Office and brought the issue to their attention.
I received some pretty prompt & helpful assistance from a man named Steve in the Graduation Dept. The promptness was refreshing.
He asked me to explain what was wrong, kept an eye out for the envelope I had sent, had the errors corrected, and communicated updates.
I was happy to see that the gpa section on the back of the transcript was also updated/fixed, so that the 2008/2018 discrepancy is no longer there.

Overall I was pleased with the process (although even faster & easier would have been to scan & email instead of having to mail the transcripts back), and even better would be to have avoided the errors in the first place.
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

From the time I mailed the request for updates transcript until I received the current version took less than 2 weeks overall.
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Great news - TESU came through pretty swift on any corrections or requests I needed. Reading through your initial post it cracked me up because it highlighted how little I looked at my transcripts when they arrived.

It said I was complete and that's about all I noticed Wink
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
very nice!! Glad you got it taken care of. Now, you can sit back and enjoy your accomplishment Wink
Sounds like TESU needs some HigherEd?Confusedmilelol:

Mamasaphire Wrote:I noticed a couple minor mistakes on the transcript that came with my TESU diploma. The letter enclosed says to correct any errors found, and send the transcript back to the Registrar's office.

:leaving:
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BA Computer Science Final upper class to take Armstrong 17 972 01-11-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Application and Transcript Transfer? Jwheels27 9 683 12-15-2023, 11:19 AM
  How often Study.com transcript to TESU? Carnation 3 439 12-09-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Confusion about BALS with concentration transcript Raine 5 414 08-23-2023, 08:13 PM
  TESU Transcript Key? Insert Name 1 392 07-06-2023, 05:37 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  How do alt credits display on TESU transcript? CanICode 12 1,592 03-09-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  What my final transcript will look like (2nd degree)? frankc 2 463 02-27-2023, 03:10 PM
Last Post: frankc
  TESU transcript before graduation spohara 2 692 10-16-2022, 08:45 AM
Last Post: spohara
  Does TESU confirm receipt of Credly transcript? skw512e 11 1,564 06-22-2022, 01:05 PM
Last Post: skw512e
  Theoretical question: Adding ACE credits to a TESU transcript after graduation? studyingfortests 12 1,583 06-10-2022, 04:17 PM
Last Post: carrythenothing