Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Money and Banking
I've read the threads about this doozy of an exam, and I'm gearing up for it (with my girlfriend again). Any updated info on how to study is always helpful, but I wanted to ask all of you about what you thought of the new computer version of this exam, or simply taking it the "old" way, on paper.

I've taken two DANTES on paper, and of course, I like the no time limit, but the format, bubbling everything in, is a little bit of a pain. So, what do ya'll think - paper or computer?

Tia.
David
David Hammond
http://mydadandme.net

DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Passed:

Microecon 61
Princ of Fin 60
Hum Resource Mgt 53
Org Behavior 55
Ethics in Am 66
Human Growth & Dvlpmnt 63
Intro to Ed Psych 62
Fund of Counseling 52
Analyzing & Inter Lit 56
Crim Justice 49
Intro to Law Enforce 48
Prin of Supervision 55
Intro to World Religions 64
Humanities 59
Env't & Humanity 56
Info Sys & Comp Apps 55
Drug & Alcohol Abuse 53
Intro to Comp 55
Mgt Info Sys 55
Found of Ed 64
[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Navy"]Perhaps look at it this way:

Paper - Untimed

Computer - Time Limit[/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
DHammond Wrote:So, what do ya'll think - paper or computer?

Tia.
David

David,

I haven't taken this one and hopefully I won't need to (if I pass ECE Labor Relations). But if I DID have to take it, I ABSOLUTELY would want the paper version!! Filling in all those bubbles is worth it if it means you have enough time to really think through the questions and answers...something that I would think is very important with this particular exam. Just my two cents' worth!

JoAnne Big Grin
BS - General Business - June 2007
Excelsior College
So, i just finished memorizing all of the IC questions for this one. Now comes the review/research part for a few days. I'm planning on taking this one on Friday, but may change to Wednesday if I get ambitious. Do you wise, experienced test-takers have any last words for me? Smile
[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]Traditional Credits: 95
Test Credits: 33
Time Saved: 1 1/2 years![/COLOR][/SIZE]
CLEP Principles of Management, Introductory Sociology, Introductory Psychology, ECE Human Resource management, ECE Organizational Behavior, Intro to Business, Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union, Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Money and Banking, Business Law II
[SIZE="6"]DONE![/SIZE]
[SIZE="5"]
B.S. Individualized Studies, COSC[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
I just took the DSST Practice test that Dantes offers... It was less than exceptional. I got 24 right out of 50. That would get me just under a passing score on the real thing, I think. Pretty crappy. I guess I have a lot of studying to do still before I take the real thing. Sad
CLEP Principles of Management, Introductory Sociology, Introductory Psychology, ECE Human Resource management, ECE Organizational Behavior, Intro to Business, Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union, Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Money and Banking, Business Law II
[SIZE="6"]DONE![/SIZE]
[SIZE="5"]
[/SIZE]
Well, I just returned from the paper-based Dantes Money and Banking. I am pretty sure that I passed.

When I take a difficult test, I like to keep track of the number of questions I was sure of, the number that I whittled down to 2 possible answers, and the number of q's I just totally stabbed at. So here's the breakdown:

1) # definitely correct: 43
2) # 50/50 correct: 22*50% = 11
3) # just guessed at: 25*25% = 6

So, my estimated total number correct is 43+11+6 = 60

Thus, with a substantial possible margin of error, I still believe that I passed, but I'm just not sure what my grade will be. It could be anything from an A to a C. I'll find out in two weeks or so!

Matt
[SIZE="6"]DONE![/SIZE]
[SIZE="5"]
[/SIZE]
Bongsau Wrote:1) # definitely correct: 43

Thus, with a substantial possible margin of error, I still believe that I passed, but I'm just not sure what my grade will be. It could be anything from an A to a C. I'll find out in two weeks or so!

Matt

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]With math computations like these, you should have taken Statistics too!!

Sounds like you did well!![/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
All I can say is, this was the one test I failed (by three points). Granted I studied only five days using only Instacert without knowing the difficulty level, but my advice is over-study.
Leah in Texas
CLEPs I passed: Accounting, Info Syst/Comp App, Mgmt, Marketing, Am Lit, Anlyz/Inter Lit, Eng Comp w/ Essay, Eng Lit, Humanities, US Hist I, US Hist II, Macroeco, Microeco, College Math, Nat. Sciences, College Algebra, Buis Law, Sociology
DSSTs I passed: Statistics, Finance, HR Mgmt, Org Behavior, Intro to Buis, Mgmt Info Sys, Buis Math, Prin Supervision, Money and Banking
Tests I failed:
Money and Banking, Pre-cal
College/Major: Thomas Edison, Buis Mgmt
Bongsau Wrote:Well, I just returned from the paper-based Dantes Money and Banking. I am pretty sure that I passed.

When I take a difficult test, I like to keep track of the number of questions I was sure of, the number that I whittled down to 2 possible answers, and the number of q's I just totally stabbed at. So here's the breakdown:

1) # definitely correct: 43

Matt

Well, I got my score back, and it was a 56. My calculations were not entirely accurate, I suppose, but at least I passed. That should be a B score at Charter Oak. I'm pleased. I used only IC and Wikipedia for study materials. Thanks for all your advice and help on this one. It was a tuffy!
[SIZE="6"]DONE![/SIZE]
[SIZE="5"]
[/SIZE]
Congratulations!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,497 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  Business Insider/MSN - College, Grad, Money Articles bjcheung77 4 450 08-17-2023, 11:07 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Is It Worth the Money to Get a College Degree? Lets Do the Math and Find Out! LevelUP 20 2,072 02-08-2023, 07:27 PM
Last Post: davewill
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,839 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  Magical, Mystical, Money Machine - Educational Technology bjcheung77 1 507 11-16-2021, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Credit banking and transcripting of ACE/NCCRS courses studyingfortests 1 807 09-10-2021, 09:38 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Quickest/Most inexpensive credit banking? Calstar 7 1,291 07-24-2021, 03:17 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Getting Transcripts From College Wanting Money (maybe) xXAnonymousXx 12 2,095 12-07-2020, 01:17 PM
Last Post: innen_oda
  DSST MONEY AND BANKING TEST GONE? CAREYJESSICA443 7 1,682 06-25-2019, 06:49 AM
Last Post: CAREYJESSICA443
  Study on 5,000 Colleges: Where does your money go? sanantone 4 1,482 04-16-2019, 06:55 PM
Last Post: sanantone