Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Journey: BA in English from TESU
Ideas Wrote:I'm already doing a double major in Comp Sci and Biology. I don't have much left, but I'm a lot slower with Comp Sci and Biology than other courses. Plus I thought I was going to do English so I spent time on some of those courses.

My ASNSM was Comp Sci and Biology. At the time I didn't think I'd ever do a Bio degree and wasn't sure I would complete the Comp Sci degree as planned.

Good luck with Math!

What!! My first love is Biology, I could not find enough cheapo credits for Biology so I kinda gave up on it for Math and settled on the ASNSM Bio.  Where are you getting the UL Biology courses from?  I was thinking of going the Logan University and APUS route but don't have the cash to pay for school yet.

For BIO, I am missing Cell Biology, Organic Chem I & II w/labs and the 13 elective credits, 12 of them being UL.  The strangest thing is, if I do an evaluation - My LL extra biology courses FIT in the AOS and electives where it specifies, it requires the courses to be 300/400 level.  Does your evaluation do the same thing? Haha...

For MATH, I am missing the same number of courses, but it's easier to find these courses I think, probably cheaper too in the long run.  However, your post is making me think I want the Biology degree more as that is actually more of my interest instead of Math (decisions, decisions...)

I'll spend some time doing a spreadsheet to see which option would be better for me.  BTW, did you get a concentration for your BSBA?  If you did the CIS concentration, you can probably get up to 3 courses or 9 credits moved towards your BA Comp Sci AOS.  

hsfamfun Wrote:I have no idea if this would work or not, but there is quite a bit of discussion about a Non Western Literature class and I saw this LIT 912 African Folktales class at Fresno Pacific Continuing Education.  These classes transcribe as graduate classes and I was told they can be taken by anyone.  It is $435 for a 3 hour class and they send out coupons frequently to those on their email list, although they are usually only $10 or $20 off per class.

Here is the link:https://ce.fresno.edu/independent-studies/lit-912

WOW, thanks for this.  It just might work for someone who wants to get the English degree.  I'll let a fellow member here (pws) know and have him be the guinea pig to see if it will work or not.  I'll have him email TESU advising...  That's a mighty good find if it works... thanks again!
Done: TESU ASNSM Biology, ASBA/BSBA (ACBSP Accredited in 2017)
Working on: TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Deferred: **Deciding on several Masters/PHD programs**

2018 BALS and BSBA Spreadsheet using mainly SL/Study.com (post#28,31)
The Basic Approach | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Review Beginners Guide sticky for info on TESU BALS/BSBA in 4 months (post #16)
~Note: Read Wiki guide links for TESU equivalency - CLEP/DSST/SL/Study.com, etc
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • akr680, Muldoon
(05-24-2019, 12:22 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: What!! My first love is Biology, I could not find enough cheapo credits for Biology so I kinda gave up on it for Math and settled on the ASNSM Bio.  Where are you getting the UL Biology courses from?  I was thinking of going the Logan University and APUS route but don't have the cash to pay for school yet.

For BIO, I am missing Cell Biology, Organic Chem I & II w/labs and the 13 elective credits, 12 of them being UL.  The strangest thing is, if I do an evaluation - My LL extra biology courses FIT in the AOS and electives where it specifies, it requires the courses to be 300/400 level.  Does your evaluation do the same thing? Haha...

For MATH, I am missing the same number of courses, but it's easier to find these courses I think, probably cheaper too in the long run.  However, your post is making me think I want the Biology degree more as that is actually more of my interest instead of Math (decisions, decisions...)

I'll spend some time doing a spreadsheet to see which option would be better for me.  BTW, did you get a concentration for your BSBA?  If you did the CIS concentration, you can probably get up to 3 courses or 9 credits moved towards your BA Comp Sci AOS.  

Since you said "first love", I think you should do it. I will PM you.

I don't know about the evaluation thing you said. I guess you mean unofficial. I have an official eval.

I didn't do CIS as a BSBA concentration, but I did extra CIS courses just because. I think it made things harder because of the "24 new" requirement.
Working on second TESU degree. 
First Masters complete.
TESU BSBA (with ASNSM) in March 2018.
(05-24-2019, 11:01 AM)hsfamfun Wrote: I have no idea if this would work or not, but there is quite a bit of discussion about a Non Western Literature class and I saw this LIT 912 African Folktales class at Fresno Pacific Continuing Education.  These classes transcribe as graduate classes and I was told they can be taken by anyone.  It is $435 for a 3 hour class and they send out coupons frequently to those on their email list, although they are usually only $10 or $20 off per class.

Interesting. I hope that class works for the Non-Western requirement!
First Masters complete.
(05-24-2019, 12:22 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
Ideas Wrote:I'm already doing a double major in Comp Sci and Biology. I don't have much left, but I'm a lot slower with Comp Sci and Biology than other courses. Plus I thought I was going to do English so I spent time on some of those courses.

My ASNSM was Comp Sci and Biology. At the time I didn't think I'd ever do a Bio degree and wasn't sure I would complete the Comp Sci degree as planned.

Good luck with Math!

What!! My first love is Biology, I could not find enough cheapo credits for Biology so I kinda gave up on it for Math and settled on the ASNSM Bio.  Where are you getting the UL Biology courses from?  I was thinking of going the Logan University and APUS route but don't have the cash to pay for school yet.

hsfamfun Wrote:I have no idea if this would work or not, but there is quite a bit of discussion about a Non Western Literature class and I saw this LIT 912 African Folktales class at Fresno Pacific Continuing Education.  These classes transcribe as graduate classes and I was told they can be taken by anyone.  It is $435 for a 3 hour class and they send out coupons frequently to those on their email list, although they are usually only $10 or $20 off per class.

WOW, thanks for this.  It just might work for someone who wants to get the English degree.  I'll let a fellow member here (pws) know and have him be the guinea pig to see if it will work or not.  I'll have him email TESU advising...  That's a mighty good find if it works... thanks again!

Hi bjcheung77,

What is the cost of the below courses? 

Information Literacy - SOS-110: Living in the Information Age

Business in Society or International Management

Business - Capstone Project
------------------
BS IT (TESU)  In progress (Target 2020)
BBA, MK  University - 2003

SL(22CR): Intro to Religion, Communication, Physics 1, IT fundamentals, Accounting 1, Prin of Mgmt, Calculus 1 
CSM(3cr) - High Performance
Sophia(1cr): Dev Eff Team
TEEX(4cr) - Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law and White Collar Crime
BM - 60 Cr
According to another thread, HES Poetry in America courses will no longer be very cheap after this summer. Regular registration has already closed for summer, but there's 2 more weeks to register with a late fee. I'm considering taking the one I haven't taken already. It would only take half as long since it's a summer course.
First Masters complete.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • hsfamfun

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Considering Re-Enrolling to TESU sabatinova 8 106 1 hour ago
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU June Grad Diplomas mrshill818 8 251 4 hours ago
Last Post: mrshill818
  Study.com courses transfer speed at TESU? And faster before CAPSTONE? pws 8 207 4 hours ago
Last Post: Supermind
  At the finish line - switching from TESU to EC spree610 16 452 Yesterday, 12:17 PM
  Confusing chat with TESU's admission romoh 24 584 Yesterday, 12:00 AM
Last Post: akr680
  TESU July 1st 2019 Changes armstrongsubero 8 277 06-18-2019, 11:57 PM
  FINALLY FINISHED!!!! TESU - BALS MrBossmanJr 31 1,173 06-18-2019, 10:33 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Received TESU Evaluation report | BABA CIS akr680 10 339 06-18-2019, 06:37 PM
  BS or bust - TESU BS in Data Science and Analytics Jep 37 3,566 06-17-2019, 08:07 PM
  Newbie TESU question Kalopsia 5 134 06-17-2019, 05:40 PM