Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Journey: TESU BSBA
Ideas Wrote:Oh, I looked again and I may be missing an Information Literacy credit too.

You can do Tech Writing, A&I Lit, or World Religions. All available multiple ways.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:You can do Tech Writing, A&I Lit, or World Religions. All available multiple ways.

Smile A&I Lit is 6 credit so I thought it might be hard. Tech Writing sounds hard too, LOL. I'll look into both. It's good to know there are other options.

Ideas Wrote:Smile A&I Lit is 6 credit so I thought it might be hard. Tech Writing sounds hard too, LOL. I'll look into both. It's good to know there are other options.

A&I Lit is considered one of the easier CLEP exams, although it's also offered via Study.com as a 3cr course.

I took the Tech Writing TECEP and thought it was pretty easy.

World Religions is popular here.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Can someone tell me if I'm missing anything in my list below? For the ASNSM or BSBA-CIS GenEds.

General Education Requirements (60):
Written Communication (6): AP English Lang & Comp is worth 6 credits at most schools
Oral Communication (3): Will take Public Speaking at study.com
Quantitative Literacy (3): ALEKS College Algebra
Information Literacy (3): Shmoop course that they consider "Special Topics in Lit" counts? (If needed, CLEP A&I Lit.)
Diversity (3): Will take Saylor Intro to Comparative Politics
Ethics (3): The Institute Ethics and they will give 1 cr waiver
Civic Engagement (3): Saylor Intro to Comparative Politics can also get me out of this? I just need 3 more elective cr?
Knowledge of Human Cultures (9):
- Shmoop US History
- Shmoop European History
- Shmoop course that they consider "Special Topics in Lit" counts for this too? Or I need another Shmoop lit course?
Understanding the Physical and Natural World (4-7): AP Chemistry is worth 8 credits at most schools (ACE recommendation)
Mathematics (3): ALEKS Statistics for Behavioral Science

General Education Electives (17-20):
- TEEX Cyber Security for Everyone (2)
- TEEX Cyber Security for Business Pros (2)
- ALEKS Trigonometry (3)
- Shmoop Geometry (2)
- AP Biology (Most schools do 8)
- AP Physics (I think it's 4)
- AP Calculus (ACE says 3-4)

Do I need to worry that I'm short on UL credits?

Yesterday TESU said I would be expedited and probably processed in this morning, but I did not hear from them today. Hopefully tomorrow. My application says ASNSM not BSBA, and I felt it would be too strange to mention the business TECEP.

Don't need to send the old school transcripts. Ordered AP transcript. Investigated Biology credits (but still need to check some aspects).

Edit: Got study.com scholarship.

Edit: In the past 15 days, I did 3 math courses at ALEKS, 2 history and 1 math at Shmoop, 2 of the TEEX, and the free ethics course as listed in my Gen Eds post above. I am rusty at math and prefer to avoid more math. I also wasted some time on stuff because I did not know I was doing BSBA at the time and made a couple errors.

Before I start my computer and business credits, I should check if doing more at Straighterline is possible. (A little more cost, but probably easier and quicker. If I can do them in the same month. I would have to study before the month membership begins.) I should also consider some other options like DSST/CLEP that cost somewhat more, but can help me complete this faster, because of being easier to study for.

I probably will get Anatomy & Phys credit for the certification Smile Only 2 credits not 3. However, that works well in my situation. Needing 6 bio credits is cheaper than needing 8. I would probably take Pathophysiology + Genetics and skip Microbiology, but I will learn more about the difficulty of the exams/courses before I decide for sure. Although Genetics may be a little harder for me than Microbiology, it's more interesting to me. I also have to check on the small chance that Genetics duplicates AP Biology credit.

So you can do the entire AOS from study.com for biology? That's cool.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

icampy Wrote:So you can do the entire AOS from study.com for biology? That's cool.

Yeah. Only because of the AP credits, I think.

BIO-351 : Microbiology
BIO-241 : Human Genetics
BIO-101 : Introductory Biology
BIO-110 : Anatomy and Physiology I w/out Lab
BIO-316 : Pathophysiology
BIO-241 : Human Genetics
BIO-208 : The Science of Nutrition

So those are the TESU eq. of what's available on study.com. Wonder if that is enough?

Nope, they require a BIO 2 with lab, unfortunately. So it looks like you would need to take both bio II and bio II lab elsewhere.

These at SL won't come in as biology 2 with lab, right?

Anatomy & Physiology II - BIO-213 Anatomy & Physiology II - BIO202
– AND –
Anatomy & Physiology II Lab - BIO202L
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

icampy Wrote:Nope, they require a BIO 2 with lab, unfortunately. So it looks like you would need to take both bio II and bio II lab elsewhere.

Hm. Actually I didn't realize this. I may need the lab myself? Sad

It can't be Intro Biology Lab, A&P Lab, or Microbiology Lab?

Cool that the Nutrition one counts as biology!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,932 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,621 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,030 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,587 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,671 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,296 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,551 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,287 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,327 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,822 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore