Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Journey: TESU BSBA
Ideas Wrote:Yeah. Only because of the AP credits, I think.

You need to find out what TESU brings the AP courses in before you take anything, because you do not want to spend the time and money only to have the course duplicate the AP courses.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:You need to find out what TESU brings the AP courses in before you take anything, because you do not want to spend the time and money only to have the course duplicate the AP courses.

Yeah I will check. I sent the AP transcript request Smile

Edit: On a different topic, I will take CLEP A&I Lit $80 (maybe a little more for location fee) if the Shmoop course doesn't count.

I got the study.com scholarship and need to get Personal Finance out of the way soon. I guess that will be my first online proctored exam experience. Unfortunately I have no place at home to take it, and have to use the library. The library (free) usually needs about 2 weeks advance notice, or I'll end up paying $10-20+ more elsewhere.

Then I would need to do another study.com course by May 12th-14th. Taking Principles of Finance or Global Management could help me prep for the Strategic Mgmt TECEP. Any advice on which one should be done first (after Personal Finance)?

Updated my To Do post.

At this point I'm not sure when I take the TECEP, but it is my main focus. (Edit: dfrecore told us in the other thread that July 23rd is the last date to take it, but that the last minute is not recommended. Because of my 2 week notice issue, I should try to do about July 7th??) I just have to get the Shmoop lit course out of the way, Personal Finance out of the way, and I don't want to waste any study.com free courses so I have to keep up with those.

Ideas Wrote:I got the study.com scholarship and need to get Personal Finance out of the way soon. I guess that will be my first online proctored exam experience. Unfortunately I have no place at home to take it, and have to use the library. The library (free) usually needs about 2 weeks advance notice, or I'll end up paying $10-20+ more elsewhere.

Then I would need to do another study.com course by May 12th-14th. Taking Principles of Finance or Global Management could help me prep for the Strategic Mgmt TECEP. Any advice on which one should be done first (after Personal Finance)?

Updated my To Do post.

At this point I'm not sure when I take the TECEP, but it is my main focus. I just have to get the Shmoop lit course out of the way, Personal Finance out of the way, and I don't want to waste any study.com free courses so I have to keep up with those.

I think that if you started on Prin of Management (you can take the course w/o taking the exam), that might be the best bet for you. You can always take the Saylor exam after you've studied at Study.com, and at $25 it's worth a shot. Yes, Prin of Marketing, Org Behavior, other business courses might help as well. A good thing to do is look at the syllabus of the course you're thinking of, and then look at the Test Guide from the TECEP, which explains exactly what the exam will cover. Then, go about the business of covering those things however you'd like.

You can also take some additional courses at Study.com that aren't credit-bearing: Strategic Decision Making, How to make Effective Business Decisions, Executing a Business Impact Analysis, Understanding the Effects of Globalization in Business - all seem like they might have some overlap with the TECEP exam and help you to pass it (and they are short courses).

Remember, with Study.com, you are limited to 2 exams per month (with the scholarship), but you can still take as many courses as you'd like during that time. You just can't take the credit-bearing exams.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:I think that if you started on Prin of Management (you can take the course w/o taking the exam), that might be the best bet for you. You can always take the Saylor exam after you've studied at Study.com, and at $25 it's worth a shot.

Thank you so much for all the study.com info. That's wonderful about being able to take courses without taking the exam.

I think I would put off the Saylor Principles of Mgmt exam (because of what I say below), but that really helps to know.

Since I have to use one study.com exam credit by about May 13th, do you have one you'd suggest? These are the 5 I have listed in my current plans:

Principles of Finance
Global Management
Pathophysiology - I could probably pass with 1-2 days studying
Genetics - I could probably pass with 2-3 days studying
Personal Speaking - I would stress about the speeches for 2 days which isn't good. But on the final, I only need like 55%.

I wish I didn't have to use the exam credit before the TECEP. I'm worried about anything that will eat up TECEP study time. For me personally, my disabilities make it harder to prep for a proctored exam, even the ones I am more confident about, but my confidence should grow.

I am pretty nervous about the TECEP because of how you're supposed to have the knowledge of many prior courses. I really prefer to do it weeks before the last possible date, so I'm calculating I have about 6.5-7.5 weeks to prep. I will hopefully be less nervous once I review the Test Guide as you said. Or maybe I'll be more nervous at first. I know I can do this, but I'm not sure how worried to be yet.

(I did take the free Sophia course and some FEMA management type courses, LOL. I don't really think those will help, but I thought that was funny, and maybe they could help with 1 question.)

Edit: I think I should whichever one is easiest for me personally, so it takes me less time. I need all the time I can get for TECEP studying. So which is easiest for me? Possibly Principles of Finance since I need to learn that for the TECEP anyway. Maybe Pathophysiology if I can do it in 1 day studying.

Done: Learned about TECEP dates, asked about retake in other thread, added to my To Do list, worked on keyboard issue.

Learned that TECEP has essay/short answers section. I saw matching on some practice site. I am not as nervous about multiple-choice but am about some other formats. Depending. Sometimes short answers might even be easier than mult-choice, but someone who took it seemed way more confident about the mult-choice.

My possible ID issue makes me nervous. I already contacted ProctorU about it once.

Edit: I am pasting the quote below for my future reference. It's what TESU says about the Strategic Mgmt TECEP. I'm a bit worried about being supposed to have Microeconomics and Macroeconomics knowledge. Economics just seems a bit scary to me, especially with the Micro and Macro prefixes, LOL. But I'll be ok Smile

Quote:Advisory: It is advisable to have knowledge in a course equivalent to FIN-301 Principles of Finance, MAN-301 Principles of Management, MAR-301 Principles of Marketing, ACC-101 Principles of Financial Accounting, ACC-102 Principles of Managerial Accounting, ECO-111 Microeconomics and ECO-112 Macroeconomics with a grade of C or better to succeed in this course.

I decided yesterday that I want to go for CIS not GM. I believe I will regret it later, possibly for years, if I only do GM. (I think I would lose at least one opportunity in the future.) Whereas I don't think CIS would be a problem in the future.

Still no word from TESU this morning Left voicemail. I guess I may have to pay the late registration fee. I don't want to stress to much about this. There are many days for late registration.

I'm realizing that I should probably do 2 exams back-to-back sometimes, with the easier exam being second. Because in my case, I have difficulty scheduling and getting to the library. (Maybe even 3 exams when I'm confident in all of them. Like the situations where I only need 55% to pass! Or 0%.) I only want to do this when I'm more confident about one exam. I need to find out more about this. Have other people done this without problems with study.com ProctorU tests?

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • slmartin
Study.com doesn't use ProctorU, they use RPNow which is a similar service but just records you.
Anyways, I was wondering if you have your spreadsheet up and running showing your courses completed.
You'll be able to track your progress much easier with one, have you read the guide and wiki for more?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • slmartin
I am female and have disabilities. I am worried about whether I will need downtime for medical reasons, but I also learn fast and work hard when I can.

As I mentioned in the other thread, I feel I must put in 40+ hours a week until the TECEP is over, and I believe I can. How much more, I'm not sure, and I'm worried. After the TECEP, hopefully I can do less some weeks. I'm not really sure how many hours each of these exams will take. It seems like some people study for 3 weeks for one exam, for the harder ones (CIS, business). Doing the math, it seems I would need to take 20-21 exams after the TECEP, and maybe the biology lab too.

So I would really like to be done this year, with the exams. January 1st is their deadline for March graduation. If I miss that, I don't graduate until June. I believe I read they are sometimes lenient, like if they know you're just finishing 2 exams in a few days, it may be ok. Still, I would love to be done before Christmas or New Year. I may have blacked out days where I cannot use the library (as an exam-taking location) during the holidays.

In order to finish that quickly, I would need to take about 3 exams a month. I know some people do much more per month. It seems a little challenging to me, but reasonable, as long as I don't have too many personal/work/medical things to juggle. I feel that I will need to expect things to come up, so I should try and make the goal 4 exams a month, for any months that don't have important unexpected things.

bjcheung77 Wrote:Study.com doesn't use ProctorU, they use RPNow which is a similar service but just records you.

Well that's confusing! I emailed with study.com about their ProctorU experience/requirements a few days ago.

bjcheung77 Wrote:Anyways, I was wondering if you have your spreadsheet up and running showing your courses completed.
You'll be able to track your progress much easier with one, have you read the guide and wiki for more?

Yeah, a spreadsheet makes sense. I think I will wait a little longer until there's more info.

I have read a lot of the Wiki. I'll look some more.

I have zero of the BSBA AoS credits so far, and in 2 posts of this thread I listed what I plan to take.

For Gen Eds my list is here: http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...post234482

And for Biology, I am waiting to hear from TESU. And the Biology part can wait. Most likely, I have 8 credits for Bio I and II, and 2 credits for A&P. And plan to take Genetics and Pathophysiology at study.com. The lab is the unfortunate part Sad

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • slmartin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,010 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,676 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,133 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,669 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,747 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,365 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,610 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,339 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,397 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,874 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore