Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Journey from Dead End Job to Success
Still waiting for TESC to post final grades. *twiddles thumbs* Yup, still waiting. *yawn*

In the meanwhile WGU's system prompted a "hey are you still interested" email even though my enrollment counselor knows I need to wait for TESC to post grades.

The personal portal on WGU's website shows the steps needed and checks them off as the items are in their system including financial aid. It's easy to use and understand so far.
-Dina
DBA - researching options currently (if you have any wisdom to share, please do!)
MBA - Management & Strategy, WGU, July 2016
BSBA - Operations Management, TESU, Sept. 2015
AAS - Dietetic Technology, Middlesex County College, May 1999
Never has there been such a beautiful sight as the S.H. Required and S.H. Applied fields on the TESC academic evaluation matching! What is really funny is my GPA showing 4.0 - I only took 2 classes and tested out of the rest. Would this really be on record as my GPA?

Attached Files
.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">SH Screenshot.jpg (Size: 11.2 KB / Downloads: 4)
-Dina
DBA - researching options currently (if you have any wisdom to share, please do!)
passit1 Wrote:Would this really be on record as my GPA?

Yes, but it doesn't really mean anything.Most places where a GPA matters will evaluate the full transcripts of all colleges attended.
Educational Goal: MBA by Spring 2018
B.S. in Business Administration, COSC, Expected Winter 2015, Started May 30, 2015

Upcoming:
Fall Courses (9c): COSC BUS 201: Business Statistics | BYU ENGL 316: Technical Writing | BYU Psych 330: Organizational Psychology
Progress (89/120c):
8/16/2015 COSC (3c): IDS 101 Cornerstone: A
8/08/2015 UExcel (6c): Research Methods in Psychology: A | Social Psychology: A
7/20/2015 UExcel (6c): Human Resource Management: A | Labor Relations: A
7/06/2015 CLEP (6c): American Government: 63 | Principles of Microeconomics: 73
7/02/2015 UExcel (3c): Organization Behavior: A
6/19/2015 DSST (9c): Business Ethics and Society: 453 | Environment and Humanity: 444 | Substance Abuse: 427
6/15/2015 CLEP (12c): Information Systems: 77 | Introductory Business Law: 71 | Principles of Marketing: 71 | Principles of Management: 73
6/12/2015 Transfer Credits post Academic Forgiveness (44c): Community College: 36c | AP: 8c
cptdilbert Wrote:Yes, but it doesn't really mean anything.Most places where a GPA matters will evaluate the full transcripts of all colleges attended.

That's only fair. But it tickled my mother pink! Now she's gonna run around and tell people I'm graduating with a 4.0. And when they meet me, I'm gonna hafta 'splain it because I don't like to misrepresent myself. Love my crazy sweet momma though - she's proud of me even though I didn't figure out this whole college thing until I was in my mid-forties.
-Dina
I'm thinking about not starting WGU until October instead of trying for Sept. The first class of the MBA needs to be completed within 6 weeks and my Sept is almost completely booked. Doing almost 8 months straight of nothing but work and TESC left no family time. At night, especially the last couple of months, my daughter would dejected stand next to me while I typed a paper. And I promised an awesome summer between finishing TESC and before starting graduate school. And I always keep my word. So the awesome is extending into Sept a bit. We've whitewater rafted and are doing the shore this weekend. There's 3 more camping trips, Niagara Falls and the Ren Faire lined up.

The plan, always a plan, is to hit WGU hard and be done in a year. My hubby and daughter probably couldn't take it much past that - I'm blessed with a family that likes to have me around. But a year is doable as long as I pepper in some really good quality time here and there in between strong pushes forward. Taking a step back to a non management position as a way to enter a new industry has really helped work/life balance. After working 15 years for a company that believed it owned me mind, body and soul is really nice to be in a situation to have weekends and holidays off.
-Dina
Whooo-hoooo - received the certified for graduation email this week and sent my transcripts to WGU. And I have the intake interview scheduled for 3:30 today. Now I'm thinking I want to start in Sept after all.
-Dina
Although altering your plans is perfectly acceptable, take a look at your original posting. You wrote it down, you are executing. You should start in September. Don't give up so easily. It is this drive and determination that will see you through your journey to your MBA. Based on my experience with WGU, that 6 week requirement is only a guide. All your advisor really cares about is that you finish the minimum required classes in the 6 month semester time frame. Anything passed that is icing on the cake...

Now if you had a real family emergency or something of that nature, then a change in plans is perfectly acceptable. I finished the MBA in 8 months working 60+ hours a week and I found that I was still able to spend time with the family. I made the time and stuck to my plan (which coincidentally I wrote down for myself as well...)
2014 MBA Management & Strategy - WGU
2013 BS
Nuclear Energy Engineering Technology - TESC
[SIZE=2]
2013 AS
Nuclear Engineering Technology - TESC

[/SIZE]
dposborne - you are right. So it is written, so it shall be. The first class looks easy enough and I can bang it out during weeknights...I was also thinking of making my phone a wifi hotspot. Going to Niagara would give me a lot of car time to bang out coursework.

The intake interview is done and I'm starting in September - orientation is available to me in mid-August and I'm getting excited to start.
-Dina
Even though TESC certified my degree on July 27 and I have a super official letter to prove it, the transcripts will not reflect my bachelor's until the degree is conferred on Sept 11. WGU needs the transcripts by Aug 15 to to allow me to start in Sept. [Image: tearing-hair.gif]

To start in Oct, the transcripts needs to be to WGU and approved by Sept 15, so I guess I'm ordering transcripts again on Sept 11.
-Dina
I left my old company because they would not promote me no matter how well I did and just kept demanding more. I watched as upper management did the exact opposite of what my own strategic planning would have accomplished...and good managers left, accounts were lost...and kneejerk fixes were implemented instead of integrated cross functional improvements. But my new position is boring...and pays less...although I am learning a lot about the bigger picture regarding operations...which is one of the reasons I took it.

I just applied for an upper level position with my old company. Maybe because I left and now have a more advanced skill set as well as finishing my degree, they'll take a look at me for this type of position? It feels like I'm flirting with an old boyfriend who didn't treat me well and I hope he will suddenly change and become a prince because I dated another guy for a few months.
-Dina

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior University & StraighterLine success story! bjcheung77 0 664 03-07-2023, 07:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Article about DegreeForum journey smartdegree 11 1,310 02-19-2023, 05:32 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Union Plus Free Degrees are Dead TINASAM 9 1,829 09-11-2022, 02:14 PM
Last Post: redheadguy03
  9 Self Limiting Beliefs That Are Holding You Back from Success LevelUP 0 335 08-24-2022, 06:09 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Success Stories With Your Degrees Dlynn1219 2 917 01-02-2022, 01:39 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  StraighterLine - Success Stories bjcheung77 0 877 11-08-2021, 10:03 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  College For America Is Dead harrypotter 10 1,708 06-17-2021, 04:31 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Any "Start From Scratch" members willing to share their journey? Idreamofadegree 23 4,816 07-05-2019, 08:55 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Journey Thread -- BS Cybersecurity quigongene 106 25,096 01-26-2019, 12:39 PM
Last Post: quigongene
  My WGU BS in Accounting Journey! airricklee 10 6,636 04-04-2017, 11:30 AM
Last Post: airricklee