Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My TESU application got rejected
I managed to enroll in the online exam now. Will take it in a month.
(05-05-2020, 06:16 AM)romoh Wrote:
(05-04-2020, 07:48 PM)msa145 Wrote:
(05-03-2020, 11:12 AM)romoh Wrote: msa145, did you check with TESU if they accept English 1&2 from a RA school as a substitute to TOEFL or IELTS? btw, I managed to get the TOEFL as they started offering an online exam now.

I got an answer via email today, Here is the email :

Quote:Hi, : Yes, that is usually what we would do. However, you will need to apply and send us the transcripts. More information here:

https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/apply-in...al-student

Note that if you have any international transcripts, you will need to have them evaluated by one of the organizations located on the page above.

Best wishes!
Be well,

The email was not clear so I contacted TESU over phone and the lady I spoke to told me to apply with the credits and they might consider the application and if there is a need for TOEFL they will inform me. She also told me the application is valid for 1 year so I can take TOEFL if my application didn't went through.

They told me the same thing. At first they asked me to send them my transcripts and they might consider them. My English courses were from SDC, though. TESU came back to me negative and asked me to take the Accuplacer test as a substitute to TOEFL so I did take it but a week later they came back to me with a “we’re sorry we can’t accept the Accuplacer”. At last, I took the TOEFL and enrolled.
Just came across this thread and found out about the English language requirement for international students. Ugh so I'm in the same situation and would appreciate some advice. From the posts above TESU doesn't seem to have a definitive answer to whether completing RA English Composition 1 and 2 will negate the need to take TOEFL. The OP and another poster ended up taking TOEFL after all. I was hoping this works so that it's killing two birds with one stone, fulfilling the English language requirement and also earning 6 RA credits in the process. If anyone has done this before could you share your experience on which RA ENG course is cheapest/easiest to take, thanks.
U need TOEFL  or English com 1 from RA institution. Its a must for an international student- period. There is no way around it
Since they dont give u guarantee for acceptance of any RA  credit in advance.  I would advise to take TOEFL. Yes, its great to do RA and kill 2 birds with 1 stone, but who knows if u get credit for it.  So i suggest better to take TOEFL. The score must be 79 which is not that high.
Also u must get certain grade for Eng Com 1 to be able to use it as proof of English proficiency
And thanks to Covid, you can now take TOEFL online. Smile
(02-20-2021, 11:45 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: U need TOEFL  or English com 1 from RA institution. Its a must for an international student- period. There is no way around it
Since they dont give u guarantee for acceptance of any RA  credit in advance.  I would advise to take TOEFL. Yes, its great to do RA and kill 2 birds with 1 stone, but who knows if u get credit for it.  So i suggest better to take TOEFL. The score must be 79 which is not that high.
Also u must get certain grade for Eng Com 1 to be able to use it as proof of English proficiency

Thanks for the advice, I'll need 24 RA credits anyway so may as well do RA ENG as part of the process and apply to TESU, if they reject my application I guess the only option left is to do TOEFL, but the RA ENG credits earned are still valid for completion of a degree. I'm not worried about taking TOEFL but would like to avoid doing it if something like RA ENG can bypass the language requirement for internationals, saving time and money in the process.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,157 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch