Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My coming back from vacation horror story...
Well anyways, i went away on a weekend trip. For labor day and everything. Well yesterday i came home (a four hour trip) driving across newyork. I get out of my car to hear my old, and quite large dog barking weird, over by his dog house. My mom suggested he might need water so i walked over to him. As i got closer he got up and started coming up to me. I bend down to pet him and as i do, i see he's not walking right. I looked at his leg a little closer and flipped out. There was a LIVE SKUNK biting his leg and holding on to it. nevertheless i screamed and ran back to my dad. My dad went out with a rake and had to swat the thing 5 times before it got off my dogs leg. Then proceeded to yell at my brother to get the 20 gauge shotgun out of the gun closet with some shells. For you anti-hunters out there my dad did not get the skunk it still lives in my back yard somewhere. So i now have a skunk smelling dog and yard. My dog is fine, he didnt get rabies or anything from it which is a good thing. hilarious what the world coming too when skunks attack dogs and get away with it. jeepers....Big Grin Big Grin
Twitterflix, I'm glad your dog is fine. My brothers and I took a little trip over the weekend too. We went backpacking in the North Carolina Mountains and almost got attacked by a back bear. The bear came into our camp after breakfast and took off with my brother’s backpack, so we had to follow the bear for a little while so we could get the pack back. It was a very interesting weekend.
Thank God your dog didn't get rabies, be sure to watch him as the symptoms don't always show immediately and skunks are notorius for them (at least where I'm from). Since you say you have a gun, and your dad doesn't seem shy in using it...... I think there would be one less skunk in the world if I were around.
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
I know, skunks are dreaded animals around here. I would have shot it myself but the 20 caliber we have is really twitchy. (it fire's when you turn the safety off).
Wow, I would either get rid of that weapon or get it repaired by a professional gunsmith; they don't charge that much.

Not trying to get to graphic here but let me tell you a true story. I have a good friend here in England who used to be a big hunter. One day, his nephew was getting his 12 gauge out of the back seat and dropped it on the butt of the gun; it went off and took his head off. My buddy had to clean the mess up and has never touched a gun again.

The police took the gun and performed tests; it fired 5 out 8 times by being dropped.

I'm sure we'd all feel better if we knew you were going to either scrap that thing or get it repaired..... Just concerned....Lee
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
I think my dad is going to get it fixed at a gun smith. But its not like we would be in any great trouble if we scrapped it either (we have about 15 rifles).
twitterflix Wrote:Well anyways, i went away on a weekend trip. For labor day and everything. Well yesterday i came home (a four hour trip) driving across newyork. I get out of my car to hear my old, and quite large dog barking weird, over by his dog house. My mom suggested he might need water so i walked over to him. As i got closer he got up and started coming up to me. I bend down to pet him and as i do, i see he's not walking right. I looked at his leg a little closer and flipped out. There was a LIVE SKUNK biting his leg and holding on to it. nevertheless i screamed and ran back to my dad. My dad went out with a rake and had to swat the thing 5 times before it got off my dogs leg. Then proceeded to yell at my brother to get the 20 gauge shotgun out of the gun closet with some shells. For you anti-hunters out there my dad did not get the skunk it still lives in my back yard somewhere. So i now have a skunk smelling dog and yard. My dog is fine, he didnt get rabies or anything from it which is a good thing. hilarious what the world coming too when skunks attack dogs and get away with it. jeepers....Big Grin Big Grin

Wow. That's just plain funny! Sorry about your dog, though. Poor thing. I hope he's not forever traumatized!
Big Grin Matymus Primehilarious
Waterloo, NY
Excelsior College
B.S. General Business, Class of 2008

Fall 2011 - currently pursuing Pre-Pharmacy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spanish or Vanish... Duolingo coming to Math! ashkir 3 1,128 08-05-2022, 08:26 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Gen Z Is Coming to Your Office. Get Ready to Adapt. allvia 4 1,860 10-29-2021, 03:20 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Dream Job Alert! Work From Home & Unlimied Vacation?! bjcheung77 4 1,228 08-01-2021, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Vonne
  Back 2 School - Buy Mac/iPad - get AirPods + 20% off AppleCare bjcheung77 0 680 06-23-2021, 04:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Back pain exercises (PRO) - FREE bjcheung77 2 1,308 01-20-2021, 05:51 AM
Last Post: Rexona
  I need a vacation! <lol> bjcheung77 4 779 09-20-2020, 04:33 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Personality types and those who go back to school Ideas 25 3,708 06-18-2018, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Life_One
  I'm back baby! ryoder 6 2,718 11-23-2017, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sagan
  Heart attack warning story Mamasaphire 3 1,805 10-17-2017, 12:29 PM
  Job Interview Story Inteljustice2 4 1,370 08-29-2016, 03:38 PM