Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Natural Science Clep Exam
Hello everyone,

I've been studying for the Clep Natural Science exam for ~3.5 weeks and I am schedule to take the exam this Thursday. As you might expect I am super nervous because is really important that I pass this exam. I've taken the following practice exams:

1. Clep Official Study Guide 2013 version: Scored 65

2. Kaplan Clep Study Guide: Scored 63-65 range between 3 PT

3. Barron's Clep Study Guide: scored 52-57 range between 3 PT

** I purchased the REA most recent edition and I found a lot of errors and typos that were contradicting other study guides so I decided not to use this book, I do not recommend anyone to buy it is not helpful at all****

I would like to get the opinion of anyone who has taken the exam, especially within the year, on wether or not you believe that any on these study materials are similar to the real exam? Is the exam a lot harder? Do I have any chances of passing this test? I have a very solid understanding of biology, however chemistry/physics have never been my strongest subjects. Any feedback would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance,

Best
acalcan1 Wrote:Hello everyone,

I've been studying for the Clep Natural Science exam for ~3.5 weeks and I am schedule to take the exam this Thursday. As you might expect I am super nervous because is really important that I pass this exam. I've taken the following practice exams:

1. Clep Official Study Guide 2013 version: Scored 65

2. Kaplan Clep Study Guide: Scored 63-65 range between 3 PT

3. Barron's Clep Study Guide: scored 52-57 range between 3 PT

** I purchased the REA most recent edition and I found a lot of errors and typos that were contradicting other study guides so I decided not to use this book, I do not recommend anyone to buy it is not helpful at all****

I would like to get the opinion of anyone who has taken the exam, especially within the year, on wether or not you believe that any on these study materials are similar to the real exam? Is the exam a lot harder? Do I have any chances of passing this test? I have a very solid understanding of biology, however chemistry/physics have never been my strongest subjects. Any feedback would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance,

Best

Sounding from your scores above, you have a good chance of passing cold. For me personally, practice exams are good for gauging what material you already know and what material you need to brush up on. Have you done any studying besides taking the practice exams? The below is from the CLEP website, how well do you know these subjects? The test wasn't very difficult, but I also studied so your mileage may vary.

[h=3]50%
Biological Science[/h]10% Origin and evolution of life, classification of organisms
10% Cell organization, cell division, chemical nature of the gene, bioenergetics, biosynthesis
20% Structure, function, and development in organisms; patterns of heredity
10% Concepts of population biology with emphasis on ecology
[h=3]50%
Physical Science[/h] 7% Atomic and nuclear structure and properties, elementary particles, nuclear reactions
10% Chemical elements, compounds and reactions, molecular structure and bonding
12% Heat, thermodynamics, and states of matter; classical mechanics; relativity
4% Electricity and magnetism, waves, light, and sound
7% The universe: galaxies, stars, the solar system
10% The Earth: atmosphere, hydrosphere, structure features, geologic processes, and history
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Thanks for the heads-up about the REA on this subject - I will also be taking this test in about a month, so I am interested in seeing which practice tests are an accurate reflector of the actual exam.
"Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe...." ~Hebrews 12:28

Tests passed:
CLEP Introductory Psychology: 70
CLEP College Composition: 62
DSST Principles of Public Speaking: 73
CLEP College Mathematics: 69
CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature: 78

DSST Environment and Humanity: 61
DSST Ethics in America: 467

Goal: AA from Charter Oak by December 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback @Prloko I have review the study guide that was posted on a forum post for this exam and study the biology flashcards on instantcert they were both helpful. Good luck with your exam @KingdomUnshaken12:28 glad to help. Smile

Best
Hello everyone I took my exam today and passed it with a 51 I was freaking out because I got a lot graph questions which required me to apply a lot of physics concepts I think my strong background in biology really saved me and I had a lot of questions than expected about the kingdoms and how they are related to one another and also the last couple of questions had to deal with astronomy (about 10 questions). I strongly suggest studying the excel study guide that was posted on a previous post( I attached it with a few extra notes). A pass is a pass I am really glad I am done with it though good luck to everyone else.

Attached Files
.xls   Less than 1 minute ago">Clep Study Guide .xls (Size: 22 KB / Downloads: 6)
Congratulations. Keep up the momentum and take another; you'll get addicted!
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AP Computer Science A homeschoolmom1 7 217 03-20-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 178 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
  Offspring and Descendents Lead Singers On Why They Got Science PhDs Jonathan Whatley 9 1,204 02-16-2024, 10:37 PM
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 510 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,199 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 381 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  So long, computer science — Chaos Studies is the hot new college degree LevelUP 9 1,163 10-15-2023, 11:14 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
Information Coursera Bachelor of Science in Computer Science for $4k! nomaduser 19 3,883 09-16-2023, 06:32 PM
  UMPI YourPace Computer Science ashkir 99 18,853 09-07-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 475 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM