Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help developing a plan. CJ
(01-22-2022, 01:25 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(01-22-2022, 01:22 PM)evanmonast Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 06:54 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Actually, I noticed you have an AAS from Pierpont... get the UMPI BAS with a minor in something OTHER than CJ, then finish a Masters in CJ at Walden instead, use up all your credits through transfer into the UMPI and see if it comes through - including your WVDMAPS academy credits.  There are so man providers of Bachelors in CJ, it's going to be better to ladder up to a Masters instead...
In this scenario what is your major? Are you majoring in applied science and minoring in CJ? Does UMPI even have a CJ minor? You are blowing my mind right now I don't know what to make of this lol.

UMPI does NOT have a CJ minor. There's the BA in CJ only. The only minors are:

Educational Studies
Accounting
Project Management
Management
Management Information Systems
That's what I thought, I got confused when he said "minor in something other than CJ" as if it was an option in the first place. But still, say with a BAS in Management Information Systems do you not have a major at all or is Applied Sciences your major?
With the BLS and BAS degrees you don't have a major. BAS is Bachelor of Applied Science which is type type of degree like the Bachelor of Arts.
(01-22-2022, 02:02 PM)ss20ts Wrote: With the BLS and BAS degrees you don't have a major. BAS is Bachelor of Applied Science which is type type of degree like the Bachelor of Arts.
Right, so you just have no major then.. Is this unique to UMPI? I could swear you normally had to declare a major by your junior year even if it was in general studies but you still technically need a major.
Every college is different. They all have their own policies.
(01-11-2022, 07:54 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yup, that's what I was thinking, get a BAS with some other minor other than CJ... and if you really want a CJ, do that at the Masters level.  Further to that, your BOG AAS at Pierpont should ladder up to a RBA at Marshall or WVU... they need 24 credits residency though... You can always go for a Walden BSCJ, they may take most of those credits and the application is free!

Hi, I spoke with WVUTech RBA program admin today. He said as long as I take 1 Class at WVUTech the other 21 credits UL can be from any WV State school. He also told me I can receive around 32 Credit Hours from my Corrections Academy with my On-The-Job pre-academy training as an internship. So it is looking like I will go with this option. I am so glad I found this forum when I was 16/17. Now I should have a bachelor's by December at 23.
Pierpont AAS; General Studies 2021
Concord University; Bachelor of Arts ; Criminology 2022
Crunyon33 Wrote:
bjcheung77 Wrote:Yup, that's what I was thinking, get a BAS with some other minor other than CJ... and if you really want a CJ, do that at the Masters level.  Further to that, your BOG AAS at Pierpont should ladder up to a RBA at Marshall or WVU... they need 24 credits residency though... You can always go for a Walden BSCJ, they may take most of those credits and the application is free!

Hi, I spoke with WVUTech RBA program admin today. He said as long as I take 1 Class at WVUTech the other 21 credits UL can be from any WV State school. He also told me I can receive around 32 Credit Hours from my Corrections Academy with my On-The-Job pre-academy training as an internship. So it is looking like I will go with this option. I am so glad I found this forum when I was 16/17. Now I should have a bachelor's by December at 23.

That's great news! Awesome, WVU is a nice flagship/research state institution with multiple campuses. Yes, take just the required at the school and transfer anything in from the community colleges if you needed. I am looking forward to your year end graduation! Good work, keep trucking along and have fun!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-11-2022, 06:54 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 06:44 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: TESU BACJ following a similar plan as joeman200, use your active service person status to complete 18 credits through TECEPS and complete the Cornerstone/Capstone at TESU.  A bulk of the courses can be done alternatively, but not all... here's an example plan: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Jo...ice_(2018)

Half that stuff doesn't exist now. Propero is gone and Penn Foster doesn't just let you take individual classes any more. A more up-to-date plan is here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...stice_Plan but that's still tenuous and expensive.

Penn Foster does still allow for individual classes: https://www.pennfoster.edu/college/individual-courses $399 each.  The only issue is there are a lot fewer ACE-recommended courses than there were in the past.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Ah, so they do! I've been on their site multiple times and never found that page.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(01-11-2022, 06:13 PM)Crunyon33 Wrote: Here's my credits I have currently which I used for my AAS. I would like to have a BA in CJ within the next year or sooner. I'm 22 and need it for career progression for the National Guard and the state agency I work for. I also have the Post 9/11 36 months and MGIB 12 months for funding. Thanks in advance.

I am assuming CJ as in Criminal Justice. 

I have a few questions, what state do you live in and what is your career goals?

(01-11-2022, 06:13 PM)Crunyon33 Wrote: Here's my credits I have currently which I used for my AAS. I would like to have a BA in CJ within the next year or sooner. I'm 22 and need it for career progression for the National Guard and the state agency I work for. I also have the Post 9/11 36 months and MGIB 12 months for funding. Thanks in advance.

Here are my resources: 

If you are open to a Bachelor's degree in Security Management. CUNY John Jay has an online program for people with an associates degree. They also have the masters in CJ too. http://online.jjay.cuny.edu/programs

Then there are these state school online options:

SUNY Delhi - B.S. in Criminal Justice
SUNY Oswego - B.A. in Criminal Justice
LSU - B.S. in Criminal Justice with a concentration in Criminology 
UCF - B.A./B.S./M.S. in Criminal Justice 
Florida State University - BS/MS in Criminal Justice 
University of Idaho - B.S. in Criminology 

There are waaay more state schools online with this program or unique variations of it.  

Here is a link to online college rankings > https://www.intelligent.com/best-online-degrees/
Here is a link to the Criminal Justice rankings > https://www.intelligent.com/best-online-...-programs/

I like Intelligent.com because they are editorially independent compared to a lot of other ranking articles, where they clearly pay for their rankings. Other ranking articles like to push certain schools hard in their advertisements as well. 
Hi Guys, so I got my evaluation figured out with Concord College. The advisor at WVUTech retired so I decided to go with Concord. They gave me credits for my surface mining card (3 LL) and surface mining truck driver certification (1 LL). CPR First Aid instructor (2 LL) Corrections Academy (29 LL). They were also evaluating my FEMA transcript at this time. My plan is to take 2 CLEPS that they accept for UL credit then all I need to do is to complete my residency at Concord. So in total they are accepting 117 Hours of electives and General Education plus the CLEPS then I just need 24 hours to finish residency requirements.
Pierpont AAS; General Studies 2021
Concord University; Bachelor of Arts ; Criminology 2022
[-] The following 1 user Likes Crunyon33's post:
  • Flelm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BACS BSCIS plan guidance LAMi 23 287 03-25-2024, 09:11 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Teaching plan? Piwi737 8 182 03-25-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Piwi737
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Plan Questions Aurelijus 10 411 03-21-2024, 05:09 PM
  UMPI plan iggym32 3 215 03-20-2024, 05:52 PM
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 372 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Interim & Future Plan - Machine Learning mweichert 6 342 03-18-2024, 03:45 AM
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Degree Plan, potentially transferring ~50 Credits chrsghs 17 783 03-14-2024, 06:05 PM
  Feedback Request on Degree Plan: UMPI BA in Project Management FM1 23 1,577 03-14-2024, 10:48 AM
Last Post: skite
  Need a plan to get an Associates fast and cheap smartiepants35 14 1,520 02-26-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: smartiepants35
  Help Please - UMPI Degree Plan Linz 7 628 02-19-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle