Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help finding Accounting equivalency
I need fast help. I am hoping someone can guide me to an equivalent course I can test out of, or take an equivalent course someplace other than TESU. To complete my last of the 12 SH for my Accounting Electives section, I need to take one of these three courses:

ACC-402 Advanced Accounting II
ACC-411 Auditing

ACC-415 Advanced Audit

I don't think SDC has an equivalency and Sophia doesn't have UL courses like this. Can someone advise of other source or perhaps a CLEP??
Try these? https://www.una.edu/business/accounting-career-program/
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
There's an UL TECEP Accounting exam that will work: ACC-421: Federal Income Taxation

CSU-Global has UL Accounting exams for $250 each, I think someone on here challenged CSU-G about having to be a current student there to take the exam and won, took an exam, and transferred it out. But not sure if you want to work that hard for it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Rachel83az and dfrecore, thank you both for your responses.
I did look up UNA and that seems like a good possibility and at a good price. I left a message for the program coordinator about their Audit course.

I also contacted CSU Global and you are right, the first person in enrollment did tell me that it is only open to enrolled student and she also told me that the Self Study Assessments are non-transferrable...even though their website indicates otherwise. I left a message for a different advisor so I'll wait to see how he responds.

FYI...I can't take the Fed Tax TECEP since I already took it twice and failed. It is a very difficult exam.

For others who may be interested, I'll post updates to both CSU Global and UNA.
(02-16-2021, 01:40 PM)AZDan Wrote: Rachel83az and dfrecore, thank you both for your responses.
I did look up UNA and that seems like a good possibility and at a good price. I left a message for the program coordinator about their Audit course.

I also contacted CSU Global and you are right, the first person in enrollment did tell me that it is only open to enrolled student and she also told me that the Self Study Assessments are non-transferrable...even though their website indicates otherwise. I left a message for a different advisor so I'll wait to see how he responds.

FYI...I can't take the Fed Tax TECEP since I already took it twice and failed. It is a very difficult exam.

For others who may be interested, I'll post updates to both CSU Global and UNA.

I attended CSU global last year. I looked at taking some of the exams. My academic advisor told me they were for enrolled students only. They were exams for the school and wouldn't go with me if I left. This may have changed, but that was the policy when I was a student. I didn't take any of them.
I don't know if this is new for CSU Global, but I am puzzled by their comment on their Self-Assessment web page...

TRANSFER INFORMATION

If you plan to transfer to another institution before completing your degree, please provide that institution with your self-study assessment study guide to ensure they will accept the transfer credit before investing in self-study assessment.

This seems to imply there is a possibility of transferability. 
Unless they changed the way their transcripts are structured, which they could have, their exams should transfer out just fine.

If you have to be a current student, there are a couple of 1-credit courses:
LIB300 - Research in the Information Age
HPR108 - Dietary Nutrition

However, I now have a sneaking suspicion that there is a communication gap when they are talking about "enrolled students". Naturally, the assumption on our part is that you must enroll into a degree program. But CSU Global does have a non-degree seeking student application. https://csuglobal.edu/admissions/admissi...quirements For TECEPs and UExcels, you do not have to go through the full admissions process in order to register for the exams. For CSU, you may be able to enroll as a non-degree seeking student and take the exam(s).

Quote:Non-degree seeking students pursuing a Certificate of Completion cannot complete all requirements through CSU Global's Credit by Exam program.

So you can take the exams as a non-degree seeking student, you simply cannot take all of a given certificate's courses by exam; you must have at least one requirement met by taking an actual course.

Wording is essential here.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(02-16-2021, 02:08 PM)AZDan Wrote: I don't know if this is new for CSU Global, but I am puzzled by their comment on their Self-Assessment web page...

TRANSFER INFORMATION

If you plan to transfer to another institution before completing your degree, please provide that institution with your self-study assessment study guide to ensure they will accept the transfer credit before investing in self-study assessment.

This seems to imply there is a possibility of transferability. 
Its not new. This statement was there since at least 1 year
(02-16-2021, 02:59 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Unless they changed the way their transcripts are structured, which they could have, their exams should transfer out just fine.

There is no reason their exams wouldn't transfer - if they are listed on the transcripts, any school will look at them.  Whether an individual school will accept them is questionable, but not being transferable is just silly.

I'm not even sure why they offer them if they make it this difficult to take them.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-16-2021, 11:07 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 02:59 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Unless they changed the way their transcripts are structured, which they could have, their exams should transfer out just fine.

There is no reason their exams wouldn't transfer - if they are listed on the transcripts, any school will look at them.  Whether an individual school will accept them is questionable, but not being transferable is just silly.

I'm not even sure why they offer them if they make it this difficult to take them.

Yeah, the Rep I spoke with at CSU Global was adamant. I even asked and stated again "non transferrable?" and she said "that's right". 

The other rep at CSU Global, who I left a message for, never called me back so I'm still waiting. I want to get a copy of their syllabus to send to TESU for their approval.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transfer Equivalency- BUS- 2100 at TESU dhanub 4 545 10-18-2023, 01:27 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  BSBA Accounting 2nd Degree at TESU. mog538 10 1,172 10-06-2023, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Managerial Accounting for TESU BSBA Entrepreneurship schlocker 3 513 09-21-2023, 03:35 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Theater Arts/BSBA Entrepreneurship vs UMPI's Accounting or Hist/PoliSci trying2grad 10 769 08-20-2023, 12:50 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Accounting Electives Advice Chudson 0 330 07-11-2023, 01:47 PM
Last Post: Chudson
  TESU Bachelor’s Canadian equivalency elenlushk 17 2,735 06-11-2023, 01:41 AM
Last Post: fmsoa
  TESU - Accounting Credit Options allvia 8 1,149 05-11-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Tried sending ACE Saylor courses not listed on equivalency lists? spohara 15 1,369 12-19-2022, 05:49 PM
  Help with receiving a BS Accounting quick. Casterly Rock 8 1,098 06-03-2022, 02:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU options for these accounting courses... allvia 1 859 01-10-2022, 11:12 AM