Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help getting to the finish line - TESU BA Psychology
I started this journey in a disjointed fashion a few years ago. I am 15 credits (plus capstone and critical information literacy) away and need some assistance finishing up. I'm trying to get a BA in Psychology at TESU. I've uploaded a spreadsheet with all my courses and credits, but here's a quick breakdown:

99 credits applied to degree
18 UL hours
9 RA hours
90 NCCRS/ACE hours

Courses I still need:

ENC-102 English Composition II
One course for the Scientific Knowledge Requirement
PSY-374 Physiological Psychology
Two Elective Courses

I'm assuming these all have to be RA courses to meet that requirement. Any suggestions for the quickest method to achieve the final credits? Since I already have the 18 UL credits, could I take the study.com Physiological Psychology course that comes in lower level and just take an additional elective? I am not opposed to paying the residency waiver, at this point, I just want to be done as quick as possible. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Attached Files
.xlsx   psych ba plan 2023-02-10.xlsx (Size: 15.57 KB / Downloads: 3)
.pdf   academic eval.pdf (Size: 695.95 KB / Downloads: 28)
Interesting, I don't see an attachment. Do you have an academic evaluation in addition to your spreadsheet? If you do, attach the PDF or screenshot, just remove your personal details. Include everything below your evaluation, especially the "other courses" and notes. You need more RA's, 21 credits more, my suggestion is TECEP 15 credits to hit English II, Science, Two Electives, and the final 6 will be from your cornerstone/capstone combo.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-11-2023, 08:06 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Interesting, I don't see an attachment.  Do you have an academic evaluation in addition to your spreadsheet? If you do, attach the PDF or screenshot, just remove your personal details.  Include everything below your evaluation, especially the "other courses" and notes.  You need more RA's, 21 credits more, my suggestion is TECEP 15 credits to hit English II, Science, Two Electives, and the final 6 will be from your cornerstone/capstone combo.

I forgot to click the add attachment button! I've updated the post with the spreadsheet and the actual academic evaluation.
Take the TECEP for English Comp II. It's supposed to be relatively quick and easy.

Yes, you can just take the SDC LL course and take an extra elective (or Gen Ed) to "overwrite" what you already have.

Cheapest options: TECEP exams. RA credit, but some of them can be quite difficult. If there are any that you think you could pass without study, do them.

Next cheapest: TEL Learning. But each of these has 2 proctored exams and multiple assignments. Could be difficult to speed through.

Most expensive but possibly easiest: ASU Universal Learner classes. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Ar...al_Learner These are a total of $425 per class. They have several options that are self-paced, otherwise the next start date is in March.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Wait, did you get a final evaluation from Excelsior?  I would attach an evaluation from them as well, you've already taken 9 credits, you just need to take the info lit, cornerstone, capstone if you have all the requirements completed.  Why did you make the switch to TESU? Cost, ease, speed wise, you're about the same going to Excelsior vs TESU.

A member just finished an Excelsior BS Psych, it seemed to go well for them.  How many credits are you missing there?  Your evaluation is a dream! It's so ideal... that my initial estimation before the attachment is spot on!  These are the TECEP's you need to finish, they're the easiest of the bunch and will hit your requirements.  

TECEP Link: https://www2.tesu.edu/listalltecep.php
You just need to take level 100 TECEPs to keep things simple.
English Composition II (ENC-102-TE)
Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics (MAT-105-TE)
Computer Concepts and Applications (CIS-107-TE)
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-12-2023, 08:34 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Wait, did you get a final evaluation from Excelsior?  I would attach an evaluation from them as well, you've already taken 9 credits, you just need to take the info lit, cornerstone, capstone if you have all the requirements completed.  Why did you make the switch to TESU? Cost, ease, speed wise, you're about the same going to Excelsior vs TESU.
I got 9 credits from Excelsior by taking some of the upper level psychology Uexcel exams before they went away. I will submit an application for Excelsior to get an evaluation from them to see where I stand.
(02-11-2023, 07:18 PM)bigste Wrote: I started this journey in a disjointed fashion a few years ago. I am 15 credits (plus capstone and critical information literacy) away and need some assistance finishing up. I'm trying to get a BA in Psychology at TESU. I've uploaded a spreadsheet with all my courses and credits, but here's a quick breakdown:

99 credits applied to degree
18 UL hours
9 RA hours
90 NCCRS/ACE hours

Courses I still need:

ENC-102 English Composition II
One course for the Scientific Knowledge Requirement
PSY-374 Physiological Psychology
Two Elective Courses

I'm assuming these all have to be RA courses to meet that requirement. Any suggestions for the quickest method to achieve the final credits? Since I already have the 18 UL credits, could I take the study.com Physiological Psychology course that comes in lower level and just take an additional elective? I am not opposed to paying the residency waiver, at this point, I just want to be done as quick as possible. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

You have 99 credits, so if I were you, I would be thinking about starting TESU in March of 2023 and doing a 16cr flat-rate term to finish most of your stuff up. (considering you can handle studying 20-30hrs per week)

You're under 100 credits, but you can ask for an exception claiming you are close to completing the extra course to go over 100. (create a story)

Your flat rate term could be:
ENC-102 English Composition II or do TECEP or/and Critical Reasoning 
Science of Nutrition (complete your Scientific Knowledge Requirement and hear it's easy topic)
PSY-374 Physiological Psychology (likely not super easy but this will become your TESU psychology experience)
SOS-110
Capstone
PLA-100 (1 credit course that lasts one month)

After completing TESU, complete the final RA electives in whatever subject you want.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finish Degree for CFP Marks Cfp417 7 181 04-24-2024, 10:04 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Possible TESU BACS + BS CIS/BSBA Finance Advice bigsquirrel7 1 97 04-23-2024, 12:53 PM
  BS IT - TESU or Purdue ChickenEnjoyer 1 92 04-23-2024, 11:36 AM
  Advice on Transfer Credits for CS and Math at TESU Frederico.Sandoval 1 132 04-20-2024, 11:29 AM
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 261 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 217 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Dr Tree Man - BA in Psychology - UMPI YourPace Dr Tree Man 12 554 04-13-2024, 08:29 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Review my plan for UMPI Psychology Major & Educational Studies Minor - Please :) RachelB 11 1,099 04-07-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  TESU - BA CS + BS CIS ahmedeo0510@gmail.com 12 420 04-03-2024, 12:34 PM
  Bachelors Psychology to Masters advice Nexum 5 452 03-28-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: BELEEMA