Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help with ASNSM Math AOS options for TESU
So, I planned my ASNSM-Math Eval. with my academic adviser. And I am falling short by just 1 credit in the AOS!! Are there any quick and simple math options like the CSM course? I don’t want to go thro an entire 3-credit course to satisfy just that one credit. I do not have access to CLEPs here in India.

Actually, the more unfortunate thing is that I have an excess of 1 credit in the science section. But that cannot be carried over to make up for the math section. Confused
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(04-05-2019, 11:41 AM)Supermind Wrote: So, I planned my ASNSM-Math Eval. with my academic adviser. And I am falling short by just 1 credit in the AOS!! Are there any quick and simple math options like the CSM course? I don’t want to go thro an entire 3-credit course to satisfy just that one credit. I do not have access to CLEPs here in India.

Actually, the more unfortunate thing is that I have an excess of 1 credit in the science section. But that cannot be carried over to make up for the math section. Confused

Have you already taken your Calculus class? I don't see one in your signature. If not, many of them are 4+ credits and the extra credit(s) should carry over into the Math electives.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
If you intend to go onto a bachelor's, then the extra credits from a 3 credit course would not ultimately go to waste.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
I am also getting a bachelors. As for calculus, I started working with Saylor’s 4-credit course. I have completed about 30% of the course, and realised that study.com offers 6 credits. The problem is, even if I take SDC calculus + SDC geometry (6+3=9 credits), it still leaves me short by 1 credit. Statistics is an option, but I have just completed that with Aleks.

@davewill, based on whatever I planned with my advisor yesterday, my bachelor’s eval would get over full, and I might need to chuck out one or two TEEX courses to make room.

So, these are the completed/to be completed courses:

CSM- Completed
College Algebra: Completed
Aleks Trigonometry: Completed
Aleks Statistics: Completed

Calculus: to be completed
Geometry: to be completed

Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 

I would take the math for liberal arts DSST or the college math CLEP. I took both without studying and passed. I would just take one of those.
I don’t live in the US, and CLEP or DSST is not an option here.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Supermind's post:
  • eriehiker
How about the Math for Liberal Arts TECEP?

Other options I can think of are College Algebra at Study.com (comes in as Intermediate Algebra at TESU), or Discrete Math at Study.com
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
Since you're working along so well with Study.com, you may want to decide on MAT-102, MAT-119 or MAT-270. When you finish your degree, you will most likely have over 120 credits, it's "very hard" to hit exactly that number. I hit well over that doing some extra courses that I had interest in. In fact, I took StraighterLine Pharmacology, for fun as it came FREE with coupon, I might just do Philosophy when the next free course coupon comes along!

Focus on the final courses of your BALS first. Then complete the courses required for the ASNSM Math. Since you took the TEEX courses and Study.com has so many cheap Comp Science courses, if the wallet and interest is high, I may even suggest getting the ASNSM Computer Science as well. Check your "What if" option and see how many credits you're missing. If you finished your TEEX after the change to 10 credits from 6, you may only need two more courses as well.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thanks @bjcheung77, for your suggestions. Unfortunately, I completed the TEEX courses before they were upgraded. So, I will need 10 credits more, and even if I took 3 computer science courses, I might run into this same problem of 1 missing credit. Personally, I also feel computers isn’t my strong fort, as is math or science. I might be able to learn, if I had more time available. But I am aiming for September graduation, and need to transfer in all my credits by June. I have also started with the Capstone; so that is going to require much attention from me. Calculus, I might learn in 2-3 weeks time, and perfect it. Geometry, I might just need 2-3 days to brush up, before I appear for the exam. I am quite good at it. Thinking if I should just do the college mathematics course on study.com. Most topics, I am familiar with, and might not need much time to learn the others.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,974 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  ASNSM in Computer Science and TEEX Cybersecurity? Shorn27 2 359 03-18-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,156 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy