Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New COSC policy for ACE and NCCRS providers
Sometimes they follow.
COMPLETED

ASU: Human Origins (3)
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1) Art History 1 (3) US History 1(3) Religions (3) Environmental science (3) Ancient Greek Philosophers (3) English Comp 1 (3) 
Visual communications (3) Art History 2 (3) Introduction to psychology (3) Introduction to Ethics (3) US History 2 (3) Human Biology (3) 
Communication at Work (3) Conflict resolution(3)

The institute: Ethics 312 (3)
Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
(05-17-2020, 09:49 AM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: How about ALEKS is this still good to go?
I don't think COSC has a partnership with ALEKS, so probably not.

(05-17-2020, 06:33 PM)icy Wrote: I'n wondering that if TESU follows this, do you think an option for a new student with no prior credits would be: Study.com (90 credits) transfer, then TECEP 24 credits (8 courses)?
It could be. It depends on what they decide, if they do follow this route.
(05-13-2020, 11:39 PM)Ibantpi Wrote: Regarding the new COSC changes....

Would it be possible to complete 9 upper level classes before July 1st? 
My daughter is presently working on English 102 and Speech with SL. In addition to those, she will have 9 upper level classes left to complete and plans to use Study.com.

Can someone please tell me:

1.)Are the Study.com UL classes bogged down with papers or projects?

2.)Which 3 UL Business classes, at Study.com, will be the fastest to complete?

3.)Where can we find which Business concentration category (the 9 credits) each of the UL Study.com Business courses will fit into? Does it matter that all 3 are in one of the categories or can they be random?

Thank you in advance to anyone who is willing to give us advice!
(If there is a better place for me to post these questions, please let me know.)

You may want to consider Davar and/or Coopersmith for some of her UL courses.  They're all self-paced, without the videos and other support of SDC.  Some of them have assignments, but many of them do not.  If your daughter were to order any necessary textbooks, (I used eBay and Amazon) study more or less full-time, and then review the provided materials (both Davar and Coopersmith provide targeted study guides) prior to each exam, she may be able to take an exam every four or five days.

Since Davar allows use of either ProctorU or RPNow, you can take advantage of RPNow's lack of a scheduling requirement.  For example, you might schedule and study for a Coopersmith ProctorU exam with a one-week window, while also studying for a Davar exam.  Then whenever she feels comfortable taking the Davar exam, she can just sign in and take it, while staying on target for the Coopersmith exam, which requires ProctorU and a scheduled start time.

As far as pricing goes, Coopersmith is $150 for a 3-credit course, and Davar is $70-80, except that any two business courses are 2 for $99.
COSC does not take Coopersmith.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
(05-20-2020, 03:15 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote: COSC does not take Coopersmith.

Thanks for the heads-up!  FWIW, they do seem to take Davar.
(05-20-2020, 03:20 PM)ctcarl Wrote:
(05-20-2020, 03:15 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote: COSC does not take Coopersmith.

Thanks for the heads-up!  FWIW, they do seem to take Davar.

As of very, very soon, Charter Oak will only accept (a) transfer credit from regionally accredited schools, (b) Study.com, © StraighterLine, and (d) Sophia.org. And I believe also CLEP and DSST.
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
(05-21-2020, 12:56 PM)SteveFoerster Wrote: As of very, very soon, Charter Oak will only accept (a) transfer credit from regionally accredited schools, (b) Study.com, © StraighterLine, and (d) Sophia.org. And I believe also CLEP and DSST.

July 1st: 90 alt, only w/ agreement.

Do we have a list of the agreements? (upcoming agreements also)
There goes my ALEKS College Algebra. Thank God Sophia is free right now to make it up.

Regarding CSM, I thought they were partnered with COSC? https://www.csmlearn.com/product/ACEcredit

If that’s the case then CSM should still be good for credit. It says “partnered schools” and “guaranteed” a lot on their site. I know it’s just 3 Liberal Arts elective credits, but it’s $39 and might be the push someone needs to graduate.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
(05-22-2020, 02:16 AM)Tedium Wrote: There goes my ALEKS College Algebra. Thank God Sophia is free right now to make it up.

Regarding CSM, I thought they were partnered with COSC? https://www.csmlearn.com/product/ACEcredit

If that’s the case then CSM should still be good for credit. It says “partnered schools” and “guaranteed” a lot on their site. I know it’s just 3 Liberal Arts elective credits, but it’s $39 and might be the push someone needs to graduate.

I see COSC lsited under "Which colleges give credit for CSM?", but it might be outdated.
I was wondering about ALEKS too. 

What about Saylor? They are listed as a partner, at least for now.

https://www.saylor.org/partners/credit-partners/

Another thing that makes it hard is COSC seems to limit their UL from alternate sources.

I could swear the list at SDC for accepted UL credits keeps getting smaller and smaller?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC Credit Registry Won't Accept Credly siege101 16 2,957 02-24-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should COSC Lose Stand Alone Category Here? SophiaPrincess 23 2,859 01-21-2024, 07:12 PM
  Business and Managment BA COSC alt credit option ice.paint 6 781 11-24-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  COSC New GE Requirements Emmalina 20 2,398 08-30-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC DEI requirements SkMama 11 1,095 08-20-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC requiremnt for lab course and new Sophia Labs Kab 14 1,340 06-29-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Accepting few SDC credits scottlefoll 54 6,785 06-22-2023, 07:42 PM
  Do you have to write a lot of papers at COSC? MichaelD 10 2,250 08-06-2022, 11:17 AM
  COSC Drops Liberal Studies Concentration Tedium 6 1,914 03-15-2022, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC President and Provost on Accountability in Higher Education SteveFoerster 9 1,665 02-28-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso