Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New here - Looking to upgrade to a degree (Canadian resident)
(07-31-2018, 09:20 AM)armstrongsubero Wrote:
(07-31-2018, 09:03 AM)zzzz24 Wrote:
(07-30-2018, 10:21 PM)posabsolute Wrote: Yeah, my transcripts were 10 years old but looked like new, they did not ask any questions and I was grateful that the process was so smooth (not sending transcripts across countries..). Mine were even more complicated, in french, coming from cegep which is not exactly a community college...

The one thing I would say is you will have to get in a rhythm, if you can do that then you can literally eat away classes, but it's going to take some dedication.

I would argue that SL changed the grading criterias heavily against easy testing, when I first started with them, almost all courses, you could do some mistaked in the quizzes and, as you say, still have almost 70% before doing the final exam. Now almost all courses, the final exam is worth 30% or less, so I think it depends if the course is open book to really say this is a walk in the park..

Study.com, my feeling is that almost all the business classes are linked together, if you do those really fast you always build up from prior knowledge, exams are easy, give you a lot of dumb questions to pad in case you have a difficult one..

I never failed an exam on study.com, even applied accounting where I was SURE I would fail. That being said, I did zero gen courses with study.com only business/cs courses.

It seems like they still need documents sent directly from the school as well, unless their policy changed. 

Hello, 

We can use your documents for the evaluation, but for verification, we must receive the documents directly from the university. You can do that by either paying our verification fee and we will reach out on your behalf, or, you can contact your school and request your documents be mailed or emailed directly to us. 

Best, 

The Evaluation Team
status@spantran.com / 713-266-8805
SpanTran: The Evaluation Company 
http://www.spantran.com

Just take my advice and send to WES. Every evaluator would need you to send verified docs, if thry dont then dont trust them. What is stopping me from printing something stating I have all A's in whatever course? I did this same process like very recently and WES is the best....Pay the rush fees, contact the school, let them courier (FexEx, DHL) your docs to WES, pay for the rush fees and sit back and wait.

If you dont decide to go with TESU then everyone takes WES and your money wont be wasted.

I believe at least one of the schools I attended charges for transcripts, pretty sure they did last time... oh well.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
That cost for your transcipts is minimal compared to your savings..with all fees cater to spend like at like US 5-6k cause the costs adds up. My BALS cost will be like like 5k. Not bad for an RA, non-profit school...damn good actually...
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

Ok - I have made a request for both transcripts, one of the colleges was free at least. 

I am still confused re: the assessment process. 

I receive my transcripts and send them to WES, they send them to TESU. 

Do I have to apply to TESU in the meantime, or can I wait to save the $75? 
Will they still be able to assess my credits for their degree without me actually applying?
Credits:
Great, just completed the Ethics course from the Institutes and I thought I had to signup by July 31, not complete it by July 31. 

When I add it to the Ace registry, it says until July 31. I am assuming this won't be expected since I completed it Aug 1?
Credits:
(08-01-2018, 08:39 AM)zzzz24 Wrote: Ok - I have made a request for both transcripts, one of the colleges was free at least. 

Will they still be able to assess my credits for their degree without me actually applying?
Send you eval to WES asap. While you are waiting. Do the free credits, do a math course, apply to TESU, do the cornerstone when WES has finished the EVAL send it to TESU.

(08-01-2018, 09:49 AM)zzzz24 Wrote: Great, just completed the Ethics course from the Institutes and I thought I had to signup by July 31, not complete it by July 31. 

When I add it to the Ace registry, it says until July 31. I am assuming this won't be expected since I completed it Aug 1?

No the ethics course is expired. Do the TEEX, do the Sopiha. To bad you dont like math cause for $20 a month you can get 9 unproctored math credits from ALEKS.
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

That sucks, what a waste of time... I was close to passing it yesterday too, only needed a few more percentage.. and now I am over the passing grade.

Well, if the math is unproctored...
Credits:
Hmmm its sad, hopefully it will be renewed.

Its unproctored but ALEKS still requires work. I think I learned the most from ALEKS it just put everything together and its like a game! Haha passing mini levels.
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)

(08-01-2018, 08:39 AM)zzzz24 Wrote: Ok - I have made a request for both transcripts, one of the colleges was free at least. 

You can apply, but they won't be able to assess your credits until they have been evaluated by WES. I would expect your transcripts to have to go directly from the school to WES, otherwise they have no way to know they are genuine, then WES's evaluation goes to TESU. TESU won't need your original transcripts. You might be able to receive a sealed transcript that you forward (unopened) to WES, but it is probably easier to send them directly there.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Yes listen to @davewill...make sure to choose rush and courier service....
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)

Finally got both transcripts, I am going to courier them to WES myself, as it seemed like more of a pain to get my schools to send them there.

Pretty pricey, WES charges twice for the 2 transcripts to be sent and one only has 2 courses on it!
Credits:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 57 1,838 1 hour ago
Last Post: ss20ts
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 7 523 1 hour ago
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 33 2,088 5 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 170 10 hours ago
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,092 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 43 4,277 04-15-2024, 09:45 AM
  Advice on degree options juliakeller2011 3 167 04-09-2024, 11:25 PM
  have ENEB masters, no bachelors or other degree? Times 11 925 04-08-2024, 04:44 PM
  UMPI BLS Degree planning advice, need help huiwh1998 16 531 04-08-2024, 11:27 AM
  UMPI Psy Degree Help Priszilla 12 907 04-06-2024, 04:37 PM