Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to CLEP, testing out, etc -- Need help on Degree Plan for COSC --- THANK YOU!
The two math courses you must take for the BSBA at TESU are College Algebra and Statistics.

For the BSBA at Charter Oak, you need to fulfill the general ed requirements and prerequisites. Since one of the prerequisites is Business Stats and that fulfills the quantitative requirement, you could get by with that one course.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
You'll need college algebra and stats.

Keep working on building your ALEKS pie until it hits 70%
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:You'll need college algebra and stats.

Keep working on building your ALEKS pie until it hits 70%

Ok, I'm chugging along...I have 63(blue) +6%(green), how do I get the blue number to 70%?
[SIZE=2][SIZE=1]Community College 2010 - Associates of General Studies
78 Credits

Intro to Business (3), Intro to Psych (3), Speech (3), Business Law I (3), Computer Info Systems (4), Microsoft Office (3), English I (3), Business Math (3), Fundamentals of Networking (2), Consumer Economics (3), Physical Geography with lab (4), Spanish I (4), Database Mgmt (3), E Commerce (2), Web Design (1), Graphic Design (3), A+ PC Troubleshooting (4), Intro to Sociology (3), English II (3), Visual Arts (3), Film Study (3), Social Psych (3), Comparative Religion (3), Math for General Education (3), Biology Human Heredity (3), Psych of Adolescent Development (3)
CLEP: Working on Modern States currently
ALEKS: College Algebra (3)
Free courses: The Institutes Ethics (2)

Still determining COSC or TESU based on what classes I've taken so far will transfer better
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
jsch Wrote:Ok, I'm chugging along...I have 63(blue) +6%(green), how do I get the blue number to 70%?

It should automatically invoke an assessment once you have enough green accumulated, or you can use your "admin" login to force one onto your learner account but I wouldn't bother at this point. It should happen soon enough
If you're taking College Algebra now, continue on until you get 70% on an assessment. One will be automatically generated every 10-12% points you complete on your pie.

Once you're done, and send the credits to ACE, go to your master account, and switch your course to Intermediate Algebra. You will probably pass on the first try. Send that to ACE. Then, go into the master account and switch to Intro to Stats. Try to complete that by 1/31.

If you do, it wouldn't hurt to do Trig or Precalc if you wanted to get those credits. Otherwise, you're done with ALEKS, and make sure to cancel your account before your month is up!

Oh yeah, and if you do well on Stats, and you feel like getting more credits for cheap, consider doing Saylor's Business Stats course next. It's only $25.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:If you're taking College Algebra now, continue on until you get 70% on an assessment. One will be automatically generated every 10-12% points you complete on your pie.

Once you're done, and send the credits to ACE, go to your master account, and switch your course to Intermediate Algebra. You will probably pass on the first try. Send that to ACE. Then, go into the master account and switch to Intro to Stats. Try to complete that by 1/31.

If you do, it wouldn't hurt to do Trig or Precalc if you wanted to get those credits. Otherwise, you're done with ALEKS, and make sure to cancel your account before your month is up!

Oh yeah, and if you do well on Stats, and you feel like getting more credits for cheap, consider doing Saylor's Business Stats course next. It's only $25.

Algebra is straight from the devil. I just got the next assessment, and I am soooo lost. I think part of my reasoning of originally selecting COSC, was the 3 cr of math vs TESUs 6 cr. Im THAT bad at math, I just cant comprehend it.
[SIZE=2][SIZE=1]Community College 2010 - Associates of General Studies
78 Credits

Intro to Business (3), Intro to Psych (3), Speech (3), Business Law I (3), Computer Info Systems (4), Microsoft Office (3), English I (3), Business Math (3), Fundamentals of Networking (2), Consumer Economics (3), Physical Geography with lab (4), Spanish I (4), Database Mgmt (3), E Commerce (2), Web Design (1), Graphic Design (3), A+ PC Troubleshooting (4), Intro to Sociology (3), English II (3), Visual Arts (3), Film Study (3), Social Psych (3), Comparative Religion (3), Math for General Education (3), Biology Human Heredity (3), Psych of Adolescent Development (3)
CLEP: Working on Modern States currently
ALEKS: College Algebra (3)
Free courses: The Institutes Ethics (2)

Still determining COSC or TESU based on what classes I've taken so far will transfer better
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
jsch Wrote:Algebra is straight from the devil. I just got the next assessment, and I am soooo lost. I think part of my reasoning of originally selecting COSC, was the 3 cr of math vs TESUs 6 cr. Im THAT bad at math, I just cant comprehend it.

Don't forget to use Khan Academy when you get that lost feeling.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,976 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,202 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,858 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,344 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,674 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,867 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,778 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,688 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,005 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,963 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM