Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbies - PLEASE post your questions on the forum
I know that you feel dumb for asking, but you're not!! We ALL started out knowing almost nothing! And, this forum is hard to search.

But please feel free to start a post on here, asking your questions.

1) Many times when you PM me, I have no idea what the answer is - but tons of people on the forum WILL be able to help you.

2) Your question is almost always one that others have, and the answers to your post will help everyone who reads it.  Asking via PM only helps you, and I personally would rather help a bunch of people at once than just one.

3) Many of you that PM have something on there that makes it impossible for us to respond to you (many times after typing out a long message).  So we couldn't answer your question if we tried.  That is not a problem if you create a thread!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • cookderosa, quigongene
I have been reading through everything I have a question on and have found some fantastic guidance through this forum. My story is likely similar to many of you so I won’t bother adding it. My question at the moment is...what is Wiki and how do you view?
I currently have 15 credits left to take (TESU) plus my cornerstone (March) and my capstone which I assume will be my final course? I am hoping for a September graduation. I was thinking about trying Davar MAR330 but I couldn't find any info on here about it (difficulty level, book needed...essay questions concern me). I am thinking about taking some study.com to complete requirements too. I have taken over 50 credits in CLEP and DSST but I am having some anxiety about the remote proctored test. Any guidance would be helpful. I know that you all have heard these question a million times. I have found many of my answers within your postings and I appreciate that you are so willing to help guide (even in the midst of your own studies). TIA!
(02-11-2019, 05:45 PM)Temarsha Wrote: I have been reading through everything I have a question on and have found some fantastic guidance through this forum. My story is likely similar to many of you so I won’t bother adding it.  My question at the moment is...what is Wiki and how do you view? 
A link to the Wiki is located at the top of this forum (General Education and Testing). Here is a direct link to the post https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...s-and-more
Private Messaging probably shouldn't be disabled by default for new users. It makes everything a pain.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • cookderosa
(02-11-2019, 11:06 PM)jsd Wrote: Private Messaging probably shouldn't be disabled by default for new users. It makes everything a pain.

Shouldn't?
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

Correct, shouldn't. It makes no sense that they can send out PMs and not receive them. If anything, they should be denied sending them until they have x amount of posts, as a way to fight potential PM spam.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 2 users Like jsd's post:
  • dfrecore, sanantone
(02-11-2019, 05:45 PM)Temarsha Wrote: I have been reading through everything I have a question on and have found some fantastic guidance through this forum. My story is likely similar to many of you so I won’t bother adding it.  My question at the moment is...what is Wiki and how do you view?
I currently have 15 credits left to take (TESU) plus my cornerstone (March) and my capstone which I assume will be my final course? I am hoping for a September graduation. I was thinking about trying Davar MAR330 but I couldn't find any info on here about it (difficulty level, book needed...essay questions concern me). I am thinking about taking some study.com to complete requirements too. I have taken over 50 credits in CLEP and DSST but I am having some anxiety about the remote proctored test. Any guidance would be helpful. I know that you all have heard these question a million times.  I have found many of my answers within your postings and I appreciate that you are so willing to help guide (even in the midst of your own studies). TIA!

You can enroll in the Capstone when you haven't finished some other credits, but they want you to have most done. 

There are two kinds of remote proctored tests. One where there's a live proctor speaking with you, and one without. The ones without may be easier for you Smile

Overall I think Davar and Study.com are easier than CLEP. At Study.com you can score high on the quizzes and not need a great score on the final exam. Especially for the courses with at least one written assignment, since the finals are worth even less in those courses.

(02-11-2019, 11:27 PM)jsd Wrote: Correct, shouldn't. It makes no sense that they can send out PMs and not receive them. If anything, they should be denied sending them until they have x amount of posts, as a way to fight potential PM spam.

The board could prompt people to turn PMs on when they send one and have their own PMs turned off. Or better yet, refuse to send at all with PMs off. I can't actually think of a good reason to be allowed to send them when your own are off (of course, someone could turn it off immediately AFTER sending....)
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • jsd
Uuuhhhmmm...did I PM someone in error?

Thank you for the information Ideas. I appreciate you taking the time. All the best!
(02-12-2019, 04:22 PM)Temarsha Wrote: Uuuhhhmmm...did I PM someone in error?

No, you just mistook this thread for a place to ask random questions...understandable considering the thread title. The thread was just to suggest newbies go ahead and ask questions publicly (in other threads) rather than PM a person they think can help them. I often redirect people who PM me to post publicly instead...for all the reason dfrecore mentioned in the original post.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 177 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
  Why degree mills center so hard in post-graduate degrees? elcastor21 7 915 12-08-2023, 06:56 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  5 Random Questions [LOR, Pell, SNHU, etc] omicreativedev 5 743 01-07-2023, 04:03 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Questions midnite123 18 1,264 12-12-2022, 02:52 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Sophia.org Questions midnite123 37 2,639 09-20-2022, 06:32 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  Coopersmith - Course questions disney_day_dreamer 2 757 07-12-2022, 04:46 PM
Last Post: disney_day_dreamer
  5 Questions to Answer When Creating a Positive Online Presence for College Acceptance LevelUP 0 416 03-19-2022, 02:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  HSE questions Celiics 9 1,270 10-31-2021, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Celiics
  Questions about Davar Academy "Business class". qiaoyiren 11 1,785 04-02-2021, 11:23 AM
  How can I delete my post... qiaoyiren 2 794 03-24-2021, 08:36 AM