Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Graduate!?!?
I fear I will not be able to graduate from EC once my transcripts are evaluated. I have taken eight EC exams and only passed one. Since these exams are calculated into the GPA, I will have less than a 2.0 gpa. If I had known this I would not have taken their excessively long and EXPENSIVE tests and went with TESC (which I still might, just take a lot longer to graduate). Please help!
MBA Data Analytics, Eastern University - In Progress
BS Liberal Arts: Administrative & Management Studies, Excelsior College
eyrobinson Wrote:I fear I will not be able to graduate from EC once my transcripts are evaluated. I have taken eight EC exams and only passed one. Since these exams are calculated into the GPA, I will have less than a 2.0 gpa. If I had known this I would not have taken their excessively long and EXPENSIVE tests and went with TESC (which I still might, just take a lot longer to graduate). Please help!

Are you sure they will be on your transcript? If you fail a class/test and then retake it, the new score should override the old. Is that the case?
I do not think they count towards your graduation GPA, If so take some Easy A exams to override them.

I sent my transcripts to TESC, and I am not sure if they will accept my D exams for credit or if my F will show up?
CCAF-AS Logistics Management
CCAF-AS Bio-Environmental Science
Cerro Coso Community College-AS Administration of Justice
Excelsior College-BS Criminal Justice-2008
TESC-BA Liberal Studies-2009
2 Different Bachelor Degrees completed in under 2 years!
Just curious - Do you have to take these "expensive" ECE's or can you perhaps find other viable (cheaper/easier) options? I'm only asking as I did not have to take a single ECE.
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
They're for upper level credit. I need 21 upper level credits. Besides LSU independent study I haven't found any upper level courses that are cheap. I figured I would take the upper level exams from EC since it is actually cheaper and faster. If I had known that they are factored into your overall gpa then I would have went with TESC. Also I just found out that TESC accepts 200 level courses for upper level credit. To me TESC is a better deal. But it would take me longer and be more expensive to go with TESC at this point. And my parents are bugging me about graduating so I can get a job and help towards household expenses.

I have calculated my GPA with the failed ECs and all the credit I have received in the past and think I will be above a 2.0. Since EC does not accept Ds and Fs in transfer. And I still have 9 DANTES I need to take. I feel I will be ok.
MBA Data Analytics, Eastern University - In Progress
BS Liberal Arts: Administrative & Management Studies, Excelsior College
How about the University of Alaska (Fairbanks)?
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
I may look into them, for one more class, if they are worth it.

I should be done after my Criminology and Social Research class, Plus I submitted a 8 page research paper to EC for Evaluation for the LA 494 Req.

Hope they accept it, LSU gave me a "A" on it.
CCAF-AS Logistics Management
CCAF-AS Bio-Environmental Science
Cerro Coso Community College-AS Administration of Justice
Excelsior College-BS Criminal Justice-2008
TESC-BA Liberal Studies-2009
2 Different Bachelor Degrees completed in under 2 years!
eyrobinson Wrote:I fear I will not be able to graduate from EC once my transcripts are evaluated. I have taken eight EC exams and only passed one. Since these exams are calculated into the GPA, I will have less than a 2.0 gpa. If I had known this I would not have taken their excessively long and EXPENSIVE tests and went with TESC (which I still might, just take a lot longer to graduate). Please help!
you will be fine, they dont count for anything. BUT they will show up on your transcript as a F in a separate box
AAT, Electromechanics, Excelsior College 2007
BS, Political Science, Excelsior College 2008
MSSL, Strategic Leadership, Mountain State (currently enrolled) 2009

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,949 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  What will be the cost to graduate? sarahrahul 2 1,196 05-17-2018, 12:50 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  When can i actually Graduate? sarahrahul 2 1,124 05-16-2018, 10:35 PM
Last Post: sarahrahul
  TESU / COSC graduate credit perriquit 1 804 03-13-2018, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Ideas
  Letter of intent to graduate the same as the certification email? Chef945 4 1,605 02-18-2018, 08:18 PM
Last Post: Chef945
  Can you graduate with an AA and BA from TESU at the same time? kevinmane 8 1,790 01-19-2018, 04:34 PM
Last Post: StoicJ
  comprehensive tuition = graduate credits? creditmonsoon 18 1,829 12-17-2016, 03:44 AM
Last Post: TrailRunr
  17 year old graduate of TESU Peter123456789 4 1,052 03-11-2016, 09:35 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  TESC transcribe VESi-graduate credits as UL credit towards BA? kevinmane 0 575 11-12-2015, 07:00 PM
Last Post: kevinmane
  Question regarding Graduate Program in Marketing at SMU Cox School of Business NiceGuy 0 525 10-22-2015, 03:04 PM
Last Post: NiceGuy