Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OTmina - Excelsior Degree Plan
Yes, depending on your answers you provided me, I was going to advise UMPI, it's best to find out more which options are best for you. With the time commitments you have, I would not go competency based, even though it may be cheaper, easier, faster to complete, just because "life happens" or something comes up, you may delay and it will take another session or term, in the long run, that may cost even more. Doing the 7 credits at Excelsior is the optimal choice for now, I would continue instead of switching to UMPI...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • OTmina
(03-17-2022, 01:25 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yes, depending on your answers you provided me, I was going to advise UMPI, it's best to find out more which options are best for you.  With the time commitments you have, I would not go competency based, even though it may be cheaper, easier, faster to complete, just because "life happens" or something comes up, you may delay and it will take another session or term, in the long run, that may cost even more.  Doing the 7 credits at Excelsior is the optimal choice for now, I would continue instead of switching to UMPI...

You right. I called EC to check if they will accept the classes that you suggest, they said I have to enrolled in Capstone, then the academic advisor will set up and appointment to discus those classes. 

I apply for TESU yesterday
I will apply for UMPI today.
However,  I don't know much about UMPI. 
How many credit do they accept??
What is the residential requirements?
What is the easiest degree to get the maximum credits?
Thank you so much I really appreciate it.
(03-18-2022, 03:42 PM)OTmina Wrote: I apply for TESU yesterday

You can transfer in up to 90 credits at UMPI. That means you can get 90 credits from ACE providers. You'll need to complete at least 30 credits UMPI including most of the UL courses. Can't say which would be easiest for you since you haven't listed out all of your courses. BLS is typically the most flexible. You pick one of the five available minors. 

https://online.umpi.edu/
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • OTmina
(03-18-2022, 08:15 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

You can transfer in up to 90 credits at UMPI. That means you can get 90 credits from ACE providers. You'll need to complete at least 30 credits UMPI including most of the UL courses. Can't say which would be easiest for you since you haven't listed out all of your courses. BLS is typically the most flexible. You pick one of the five available minors. 

Thank you so much. I applied to UMPI and TESU. I am waiting for the evaluation. I will list my classes soon.
(03-22-2022, 06:58 PM)OTmina Wrote:

Thank you so much. I applied to UMPI and TESU. I am waiting for the evaluation. I will list my classes soon.

Did you review this thread before applying to UMPI? 

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...E-APPLYING

With UMPI you want all of your transfer credits done before applying or really close to it. You need permission to transfer courses from your academic advisor after you've accepted. Usually people follow the forum instructions about listing their courses with the course name, number, grade, number of credits and from what institution. From that we can figure out what you need to complete before applying. This helps to make the most of your time and courses.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • OTmina
(03-22-2022, 08:51 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 06:58 PM)OTmina Wrote:

Did you review this thread before applying to UMPI? 

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...E-APPLYING

With UMPI you want all of your transfer credits done before applying or really close to it. You need permission to transfer courses from your academic advisor after you've accepted. Usually people follow the forum instructions about listing their courses with the course name, number, grade, number of credits and from what institution. From that we can figure out what you need to complete before applying. This helps to make the most of your time and courses.
Yes, I did read it. That was very helpful. 
I was wondering if I have to send the high school diploma too?? I have an international one, however, I don't if I will be able to find it.
(03-23-2022, 11:55 AM)OTmina Wrote: Yes, I did read it. That was very helpful. 
I was wondering if I have to send the high school diploma too?? I have an international one, however, I don't if I will be able to find it.

As an international student I would wait and see what they will need. The application process is a bit different for international students. The admissions process will take a few weeks and your transcript evaluation will be after you're admitted. That also takes a few weeks usually.
(03-23-2022, 12:17 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(03-23-2022, 11:55 AM)OTmina Wrote: Yes, I did read it. That was very helpful. 

As an international student I would wait and see what they will need. The application process is a bit different for international students. The admissions process will take a few weeks and your transcript evaluation will be after you're admitted. That also takes a few weeks usually.
Hello,
please check out my degree audit from UMPI. Please note that they said I need 12 classes for BLS with project management. They still need to receive CLEP for french 1 and 2, and they forgot to add my statistic class.

Attached Files
.png   Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 11.30.56 AM.png (Size: 355.53 KB / Downloads: 14)
.png   Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 11.34.08 AM.png (Size: 301.3 KB / Downloads: 12)
.png   Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 11.34.23 AM.png (Size: 330.9 KB / Downloads: 13)
.png   Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 11.34.34 AM.png (Size: 226.83 KB / Downloads: 13)
You can take US History 1 on Sophia and transfer it in for GEC 5B. Definitely mention the stats class to your academic advisor and ask about the CLEP credits.
(03-30-2022, 02:08 PM)ss20ts Wrote: You can take US History 1 on Sophia and transfer it in for GEC 5B. Definitely mention the stats class to your academic advisor and ask about the CLEP credits.
I was thinking since I still have to take 30 units then maybe is better to take it at UMPI.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree Planning Advice For Research (Upper Level) Credit Dnightowl 5 643 03-29-2024, 06:27 PM
Last Post: Dnightowl
  Payment Plan Robinred2404 3 320 03-25-2024, 09:50 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 539 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  Has excelsior accepted CSM math recently? CM1999 6 1,025 01-11-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So disappointed in Excelsior. Should I bail or suck it up for the last class? profstudent 22 5,761 12-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  New Change to Enrollment at Excelsior U. -- Not Good milah1 12 1,798 10-20-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options Niketay 13 2,413 07-05-2023, 10:22 AM
  Need to know what UL credits will work for Liberal Arts degree AnyName 20 3,301 06-25-2023, 11:56 PM
Last Post: Kab
  Excelsior University to Ivey League ----> RichestLiberalArtsMajor 5 1,377 06-06-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  Plan for EU BSBA memyselfni 6 1,148 05-16-2023, 07:37 AM