Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One more course to fulfill BSBA Requirement!
I feel like I am losing my mind. I need one more course in order to complete my BSBA in General Management from TESC. I took Money and Banking yesterday but failed it, because I've been so stressed out with family problems. Not to mention the fact that my job depends on me completing my degree, which I told my boss that I would be finished with the requirements this month. I already have courses from Accounting and Management but need a course in the Finance or Marketing area in order to fulfill the area of study requirement. Does anyone have any suggestions for another test or quick course I could take. I can't really afford to take a course unless it was a straighterline, so a test would be my best option.
greenvale876,

As long as you've already taken 12CR 300/400 level courses in AOS, I highly recommend COM-210 Public Relations and Thought Practice TECEP. It can be used for both Marketing and Humanities credit. There are IC flashcards for the exam. It has a reputation for being relatively easy.

Recommended text: Cutlip and Center's Effective Public Relations. Glen M. Broom.
BTW the 8th Ed text is less than $5 shipped at amazon and is fine for this exam; it can be used in conjunction with the companion website listed below.

Additional study resources:

10th Edition Textbook Companion Website.
http://wps.prenhall.com/bp_broom_eff....cw/index.html

Quizlet Links for Public Relations
Search › public relations tecep | Quizlet
Public Relations Thought and Practice flashcards | Quizlet
Search › public relations final exam | Quizlet

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
If the TECEP above won't work for you, Penn Foster has upper level credits in Corporate Finance (FIN-311), Consumer Behavior (MAR-351), Intro to Marketing (MAR-301), Marketing Research (MAR-411), and Principles of Finance (FIN-301).

Also, I think I have read good things about the Marketing Communications TECEP, which counts as MAR-321. TESC also offers UL marketing TECEPs in Sales Management and Advertising, as well as UL finance exams in Security Analysis and Portfolio Management and Financial Institutions and Markets.

Good luck!
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
If I recall correctly, while you can mechanically (is that the right word?) complete a PF course quite quickly, PF requires you to take a month to complete it. You will also need a proctor.

Now, take a deep breath and relax. You can do this.
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker
Thank you guys for your suggestions and feedback. I've never taken a PF class, I did some research on the forum and found the number for the workforce development I'm going to reach out to them one of those marketing classes would be great, if the class is still like a month like Laterbloomer mentioned, then it may not work for me. I really do feel like I'm one step away from being in the mental hospital though :-( I am sure that many of the people on this forum can understand its been a long and at many times a difficult journey. For me its been an 11 year journey and I thought that it would have finally been over 4 weeks ago, my original major was in Accounting and was taking my last class at LSU, my father had a heart attack and then was later diagnosed with cancer, with everything going on and trying to support my Mom, I complete fell off with my studies and didn't do so good on on my last few assignment and then later ended up failing the final. I didn't want to go through the journey of another class and didn't feel like I had the mental capacity to deal with it. Because of extra business classes I had from completing my Associates in Accounting, I would have only needed one more class in another area of study such as Finance or Marketing in order to complete the BSBA in General Management, so I decided I would take the test for Money and Banking an switch my major so that I could be done with my my bachelors, seeing as how I already plan to get a Masters in Accounting and have no desire to take the CPA, I figured a BSBA in General Management wouldn't make a difference. I can't even begin to explain to you guys the other things that have transpired in my life in the past 4 weeks. I guess that I should have known that, with everything else that I have been through in my life, including surviving two bouts with Cancer, a Psychotic Ex-husband who tried to kill me, I should have know that even down to the end that completing my degree would never be easy. One of the hardest things for me right now is dealing with my father being sick, he was a horrible father to me and sister in so many ways, most people wouldn't even probably believe us if we told them the things that he put us and my mother through, I have tried for years to let go of the anger that I had towards him and find it so difficult now to have to be in place where I have to help him and have compassion towards him, knowing that he never did the same for me nor would he ever be there for me in the same way. I am trying with everything in me to hold on to my faith, and see this journey through, not just for me but for my daughter and my family. I got remarried two years and have a beautiful little baby girl and the most supporting husband I could ever asked for, I believe that what has given me the push in the last year and half to finally complete my degree has been him and at times reading the stories on this forum, even though this is the first that thread that I have ever written, so many of you have been an inspiration to me in so many ways. *Sorry if it seems like I'm unloading, just felt like I needed to get that out.*
The TECEPs that I mentioned above would be your best bet if you don't have a month to wait. TECEPs are TESC's version of challenge exams.
Thomas Edison State College: Course Offerings

Best wishes for getting through all this, OP.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
KayV Wrote:The TECEPs that I mentioned above would be your best bet if you don't have a month to wait. TECEPs are TESC's version of challenge exams.
Thomas Edison State College: Course Offerings

Best wishes for getting through all this, OP.

Agree with KayV but COM-210 is much much easier than the other exams mentioned. If you are nervous about it being a marketing elective see the markeing area of study electives section.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Bricabrac is right. I'm posting without enough coffee this morning. Wink
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
Greenvale876,

No apologies necessary. The main focus of this forum is getting the credits to get a degree. Getting those credits isn't just "take this course," or "this CLEP is harder than that CLEP," it's also about supporting each other when the going gets tough.

Good luck with whichever path (course/test) you choose. You're setting a good example for your family with your treatment of your father. You're a much nicer person than I am. I'd probably have kicked his sorry you-know-what to the side of the road.
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,794 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
Thumbs Up TESU BSBA spreadsheet - request for feedback mykal335i 4 2,056 08-30-2018, 10:58 PM
Last Post: mykal335i
  TESU - BSBA HR spreadsheet? UL AOS credit suggestions allvia 7 2,697 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Jimmy999
  TESU BSBA GM Completion Timeline dexter1326 9 2,299 08-07-2018, 09:23 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help planning a TESU BSBA degree plan kietro 11 5,046 08-03-2018, 12:39 PM
Last Post: kietro
  BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help LoanGunman 2 1,516 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: LoanGunman
  Intro + Degree advice, looking at TESU for multiple degrees, BSBA + BSAST coloradocale 14 4,179 08-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Last Post: coloradocale
  TESU - BSBA Easiest Path to Obtain for BS degree? acamp 9 2,542 07-27-2018, 10:48 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU gen. ed. algebra requirement alternatives? kietro 5 1,729 07-27-2018, 09:58 AM
Last Post: rckola911
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,851 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98