Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Options for Audio Learners?
Hi- I am starting this journey while I am employed full time from home (Plan: TESU ASBA to BA in Soc). I am desperate to use my non-work time away from the computer. This means my study materials/courses must be mobile. Are any of the major sites audio-friendly or heavy in videos? I haven't been successful in finding any companion apps for these sites- am I missing anything? I have found the Principals of Marketing app. Are there any android-compatible apps for these sites? If I can access/study from my cellphone, that is sufficient, though I'd love to find someway to learn/listen to courses or textbooks while out hiking, for example.

My apologies in advance if I missed this in my searches. I've been lurking for a month, this is my first post.
Study.com, you can download the videos for offline use.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

Thanks icampy! That should work well for my needs. Big Grin
I love iTunes University, I've listened to a lot of lectures on there.
AAS in Environmental Safety & Security Technologies from TESC - Completed 2014
and BA Emergency & Disaster Mgmt at American Military University with a minor in Security Management - Completed

Completed:
FEMA: 20 credit hours, B&M: 33 credit hours, AARTS: 14 credit hours, certifications
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra
CLEP: Analyzing & Interpret. Literature CLEP - 66, English Composition Modular CLEP - 58, American Government CLEP - 58, Social Sciences & History CLEP - 63
DSST: Intro to Computing DSST - 452
Straighterline: Business Ethics (88%), Criminal Justice (94%), World Religions (93%), Cultural Anthropology (92%), Intro to Sociology (94%)
TECEP: CIS 107, ENGL 102, PSY 270, BIO 208
I don't know if you'd want lectures, but MIT has a bunch of free mp3s of some of their lectures at ocw.mit.edu.

Hope this helps!
-Zapproximator

My journey to a bachelor's degree by 18 (with my flashcards, exam tips, and notes)---> bachelorsby18.wordpress.com

Super quick bio: Homeschooled teen who loves music, writing, hanging out with friends, and doing stuff outside - unless it's 80+ Wink

-------------------------
42/120 Credits
CLEP: Principles of Marketing 75, Principles of Management 66, A&I Literature 59, Intro Psychology 64, US History 1 68, US History 2 69, Sociology 61, Western Civ 1, Western Civ 2 55, Biology 51, Microecon 67, Macroecon 68, Educational Psychology 74, College Algebra (in progress), College Composition (in progress)
AP: Statistics, Spanish (both in progress)
Thanks for the input. I am looking for audio that is specifically tailored or correlated with a testing service (saylor, shmoop, sl, clep, etc). I've listened to tons of lectures- this time I want them to help me get credit Smile
tsukemono Wrote:Thanks for the input. I am looking for audio that is specifically tailored or correlated with a testing service (saylor, shmoop, sl, clep, etc). I've listened to tons of lectures- this time I want them to help me get credit Smile

Study.com would be it, then.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
Online Courses & Lectures for Home Study and Lifelong Learning

expensive, but go on sale often

but even on sale you might think they're too much

some libraries will have them or can get them

the material varies in quality

I LOVE this series Theories of Human Development Prof. Watson-Social Science

used it for the CLEP lifespan developmental psychology
There aren't many audio/audiovisual specifically made for CLEP/DSST outside of Study.com. A few of the Instantcert flashcard sets are available as mp3 files, and those are specifically designed for CLEP/DSST. I watched a couple of Annenberg series that helped me past CLEPs, but those weren't specifically made for any tests. I have some other sources of study listed in my signature.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Study.com has a mobile app that not only allows studying and watching videos, but you can take the quizzes in there too. It's pretty slick.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are the quickest social science options for the BOG? Midnightsky7 13 1,391 05-05-2022, 03:51 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Statistics - options now (quick and easy) allvia 5 1,114 04-29-2022, 05:39 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Sophia Difficulty - Alternative Credit Options splirow 17 3,258 09-19-2021, 10:49 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU sociology options? Fibrazer 2 647 03-11-2021, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Fibrazer
  Geometry and Credit Banking Options acamp 13 2,130 01-08-2021, 09:51 AM
Last Post: acamp
  Civics Options - What did you like/hate Tlm 29 2,658 09-03-2020, 02:18 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Public Speaking Options jthatcher50 3 1,085 04-28-2020, 06:27 PM
Last Post: jthatcher50
  online degree classes study material options mdel210201 1 898 03-17-2020, 02:04 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question TESU UL class options breezyt 4 1,347 02-03-2020, 04:08 PM
Last Post: rckola911
  COSC Oral Communications UL Options jthatcher50 3 1,097 01-15-2020, 04:49 PM
Last Post: jthatcher50