Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patten MBA Feedback
jsd Wrote:i'd much prefer online proctoring over in-person, but that's just personal preference. I know WGU uses online proctoring (i think examity, possibly proctoru), but I don't know if you can opt for in-person instead.

When i was attending wgu they allowed in person proctoring. I never used it because i find examity/proctoru most convienent.
Currently studying for: Still deciding.

Done!
2020 - Harvard Extension School - ALM IT Management 
2019 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Data Science
2018 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Cyber Security
2016 - WGU - MBA Mgmt & Strategy
2015 - Thomas Edison State College - BSBA Marketing & CIS
jsd Wrote:i'd much prefer online proctoring over in-person, but that's just personal preference. I know WGU uses online proctoring (i think examity, possibly proctoru), but I don't know if you can opt for in-person instead.

Problem with WGU for me is that they have no monthly charge system. The only schools I'm certain I could get a monthly are in the DEAC pool, and while I like the DEAC at the undergrad level having held a DEAC undergrad and having done well with it, I'm not interested in them at the Master's level.
Unless things have change, WGU allows you to setup a payment plan over 4 months. Terms are 6 months, final payment is due in the 4th month. This might be old info, but you should talk to an enrollment adviser to confirm.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:Unless things have change, WGU allows you to setup a payment plan over 4 months. Terms are 6 months, final payment is due in the 4th month. This might be old info, but you should talk to an enrollment adviser to confirm.

They do have payment plans, as well as accepting federal financial aid.

Done!
I was under the impression they wanted the amount upfront like some others that do the term system, but what you two are saying sounds like a good deal as long as I'm not on the hook for any time not used.

I'll definitely contact them about this.
Gradman Wrote:I was under the impression they wanted the amount upfront like some others that do the term system, but what you two are saying sounds like a good deal as long as I'm not on the hook for any time not used.

That is definitely NOT what they were saying. You have to pay for the entire term, you just have 4 months in which to pay it. If you finish faster than the 6-month term, you still have to pay the entire term amount.

I'm sure that they will not give you your final grades or confer your degree until you have paid the total amount due ($3,250?).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:That is definitely NOT what they were saying. You have to pay for the entire term, you just have 4 months in which to pay it. If you finish faster than the 6-month term, you still have to pay the entire term amount.

I'm sure that they will not give you your final grades or confer your degree until you have paid the total amount due ($3,250?).

That's just it, I don't want to pay for an entire term. So they are saying something other than a regular monthly which is what I don't want, nor do I want to be on the hook for time not used. In other words, I'm looking for: I pay $500/month, if I finish in 4 months I paid $2,000 and that's it. That's what made Patten enticing, not having to be locked into a term situation.
Patten doesn't work that way either. You pay monthly, but you still have to commit to at least one term. If you finish faster or drop out, you still have to pay the difference. You get a discount if you pay upfront or commit to more than one term, though.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:Patten doesn't work that way either. You pay monthly, but you still have to commit to at least one term. If you finish faster or drop out, you still have to pay the difference. You get a discount if you pay upfront or commit to more than one term, though.

Hmmm. An Advisor there told me differently. He said I could pay monthly without a term commitment. I did notice the page where it talks about the commitment which is why I asked them, but he told me that was only for the left option. Maybe he had it wrong. I'm not going with Patten though, not after what I've been reading.
Gradman Wrote:Hmmm. An Advisor there told me differently. He said I could pay monthly without a term commitment. I did notice the page where it talks about the commitment which is why I asked them, but he told me that was only for the left option. Maybe he had it wrong. I'm not going with Patten though, not after what I've been reading.

It sounds like he misspoke. You must commit to the term, regardless of payment frequency

Done!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Walden University Fast Track PhD feedback Johmford 1 980 01-03-2023, 04:35 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  WPU MSc in Financial Engineering... any feedback?? cecilgambe7 5 4,575 10-05-2019, 02:22 PM
Last Post: cardiacclep
  MBA - WGU vs. JFK (Patten) sanantone 7 1,927 09-22-2019, 06:17 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Masters Help Patten Replacement armstrongsubero 12 2,673 06-05-2019, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Patten University Closing chorizo 9 5,886 07-25-2018, 02:32 PM
  Patten University MBA Finishers? RANSOMSOUL 20 7,945 07-03-2018, 11:41 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Grad School Feedback videogamesrock 15 3,250 06-21-2018, 09:53 PM
Last Post: amilitab4k9
  Patten MBA Review study0019 12 4,078 05-05-2018, 09:13 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Patten MBA germ 7 2,174 02-21-2018, 06:57 AM
  Transferring Credits from Patten University Andrew670 5 2,749 12-11-2017, 03:08 AM
Last Post: RANSOMSOUL