Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patten MBA Feedback
mednat Wrote:It sounds like he misspoke. You must commit to the term, regardless of payment frequency

+1, That was what crossed my mind when I read this thread... some want to get you in the door that they speak too fast without reviewing the facts/paperwork.

jsd Wrote:Patten doesn't work that way either. You pay monthly, but you still have to commit to at least one term. If you finish faster or drop out, you still have to pay the difference. You get a discount if you pay upfront or commit to more than one term, though.

dfrecore Wrote:That is definitely NOT what they were saying. You have to pay for the entire term, you just have 4 months in which to pay it. If you finish faster than the 6-month term, you still have to pay the entire term amount.

I'm sure that they will not give you your final grades or confer your degree until you have paid the total amount due ($3,250?).

+1 to what Dfrecore and jsd just typed.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
With any competency-based program, you must pay for at least 1 term. They may break it down into monthly payments, but you are committing to a full term and payment for that.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Patten allows you to pay PER COURSE. Unless the information has changed, I remember an advisor told me while I was about to apply. I didn't choose this option because it was somewhat expensive than the entire 4 terms (1 year) deal I got for $2,388.00. With tuition discount an entire undergraduate year worth of classes cost less than 2,400 with payment spread over 12 months @ $199 per month. If you are not concerned that it is a for profit school, I think at $2, 388 for an entire undergraduate year, this is a good deal for a regional accredited program.
- Akintayo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AA General Studies, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

BSBA General Management, 2014 - Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Bachelor of Religious Studies, 2015 - NationsUniversity
Bachelor of Arts in Management - Leadership, 2016 - Patten University

Award:
Arnold Fletcher Award, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Graduate School
Master of Science in Management, MSc - The University of Economics in Bratislava - full time studies

ENMU MBA: 2 classes completed - discontinued as am now to attend a local university in Slovakia

65 Semester Hours from Obafemi Awolowo University
45 Credits from Straighterline
24 Credits from TECEP
13 Credits from Penn Foster College
12 Credits fro ALEKS
4 Credits from TEEX
When I signed up in July 2015 they had discontinued the Per course option. So either they brought it back or you enrolled before me. I went with the $2,388/year option like you. After a term I had had enough and transferred to TESU. Even still, with the amount of credit I earned in one term the price was reasonable. I just wish I got more out of the program itself. Get what you pay for, I guess (though I remember you had a much more pleasant experience than I did).
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Andrew670 Wrote:Looking to get some feedback from Patten Graduates. (MBA or UG are fine, recent experience appreciated)

Without breaking any Academic Integrity Rules, does anyone have any recommendation on how to most effectively pass a course with them without sifting through the unnecessary information?

Specifically, are the Quizzes helpful or are there more effective study habits? Any feedback is much appreciated!

I also hope this does not break any academic integrity rules...
But can somebody with experience on the MBA Program advice if the Pre-final Exams are also closed book as the Proctored Finals?
Roughly how many questions are there and how long do they take?
The Pre-test could be done as an open book but it does not serve you well to test how prepared one would be for a closed book proctored Final. The value of the pre-test is to show where you are strong and where there is additional areas needed to study. Pre-tests are 40+ questions with 60min+ to finish. Plenty of time to work through the test.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
Pre tests don't impact your grade, so as RANSOMSOUL said, it really isn't in your best interests to take shortcuts with them
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Walden University Fast Track PhD feedback Johmford 1 975 01-03-2023, 04:35 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  WPU MSc in Financial Engineering... any feedback?? cecilgambe7 5 4,568 10-05-2019, 02:22 PM
Last Post: cardiacclep
  MBA - WGU vs. JFK (Patten) sanantone 7 1,926 09-22-2019, 06:17 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Masters Help Patten Replacement armstrongsubero 12 2,669 06-05-2019, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Patten University Closing chorizo 9 5,878 07-25-2018, 02:32 PM
  Patten University MBA Finishers? RANSOMSOUL 20 7,941 07-03-2018, 11:41 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Grad School Feedback videogamesrock 15 3,246 06-21-2018, 09:53 PM
Last Post: amilitab4k9
  Patten MBA Review study0019 12 4,071 05-05-2018, 09:13 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Patten MBA germ 7 2,165 02-21-2018, 06:57 AM
  Transferring Credits from Patten University Andrew670 5 2,748 12-11-2017, 03:08 AM
Last Post: RANSOMSOUL