Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please review my WGU BS-IT Management Degree Plan
If I can get FAFSA/financial aid then I will make the switch to WGU. My degree plan for a BS in IT Management is attached as a spread sheet. Please review it. Thank you!

Attached Files
.xlsx   WGU_BS_IT_Management_PLAN.xlsx (Size: 11.82 KB / Downloads: 74)
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
I only took a quick glance, but I tried to list alternative options below that should work for what you know you are missing still. Hopefully your enrollment counselor can confirm them for you.  Smile

Aleks College Algebra should be accepted to meet Intermediate Algebra at WGU

Critical Thinking - If the Sophia course doesn't meet the requirement, the new Critical Thinking course at Saylor may. It's not listed on the current partner agreement but this course only received ACE evaluation on 6/1/19. I would ask your enrollment adviser about it. 

Network and Security Foundations can be met with the Saylor Computer Communications (CS402) but it expires soon 11/30/19 if the cybersecurity courses do not work or SDC (CS108)

Organizational Behavior can be done at either Saylor (BUS209) or SL (BUS120) or SDC (BUS107)

Business Communication can be taken at either Saylor (BUS210) or SL (BUS105) or SDC (BUS113).

Business Strategy - Nontransferable course that must be taken at WGU.

Change Management - Nontransferable; WGU only

Business of IT (Applications) - The DSST Management Information Systems should work here

Introduction to HR Mgmt - SDC (BUS106)

Workforce Planning and Recruitment - Not sure of any alternative options for this one.

Spreadsheets - Nontransferable; WGU only

Information Systems Management - Saylor (BUS206) or SDC (BUS303)

Data Management (Foundations) - worse case they will make you take the LL course, best case they will accept the UL your already took

Global Bus - SDC (120) idk of any other options, but your enrollment counselor may have some suggestions for you.

Quantitative Analysis for Business - SDC (BUS312) or SL Business Stats (MAT150)

Principles of Finance - Saylor (BUS202) or SDC (Finance 101/104/301)
[-] The following 1 user Likes shadowgem's post:
  • AwardTour
Study.com page https://partners.wgu.edu/Pages/Single.as...144&pid=47
Saylor page https://partners.wgu.edu/Pages/Single.as...833&pid=47
SL page https://partners.wgu.edu/Pages/Single.as...993&pid=47
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

WGU will not take:
SDC Com 120 for Communications
Sophia's Ancient Greek Philosophers for Critical Thinking
Sophia Intro to Ethics or Institutes Insurance Ethics for Business Ethics requirement

Yes, you have to take Intermediate Algebra (don't ask, it makes no sense) - no idea where to get it though

No idea about TEEX

Here's a degree plan for you.  I highlighted in green what you've taken that will work, light green for in progress, yellow for courses that you can't transfer into WGU because they don't allow it, light yellow for courses that you can't find alternatively through Study.com/SL/Saylor (which are the ones we know for sure based on transfer guides linked above).  Since you have to do 30cr/10 courses at WGU, the yellow + light yellow is 9.  I would choose another one from the list to do at WGU, to put you at 10.

Attached Files
.xlsx   AwardTour WGU-Business Degrees.xlsx (Size: 14.55 KB / Downloads: 61)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • AwardTour, shadowgem
(10-09-2019, 11:01 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Yes, you have to take Intermediate Algebra (don't ask, it makes no sense) - no idea where to get it though

Bummer. That must of changed. I know they use to accept ALEKS College Algebra to meet Intermediate Algebra.

The SDC transfer page does show SDC (MATH108) Discrete Math as an option, so maybe that could work instead.
[-] The following 1 user Likes shadowgem's post:
  • AwardTour
(10-10-2019, 12:13 AM)shadowgem Wrote:
(10-09-2019, 11:01 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Yes, you have to take Intermediate Algebra (don't ask, it makes no sense) - no idea where to get it though

Bummer. That must of changed. I know they use to accept ALEKS College Algebra to meet Intermediate Algebra.

The SDC transfer page does show SDC (MATH108) Discrete Math as an option, so maybe that could work instead.

I don't know, you'd have to ask them how that works.  For some of their degrees, you could use MAT 101: College Algebra to meet the Intermediate Algebra, and then MAT 105: Precalculus Algebra to meet the College Algebra requirement.  For whatever reason, this is not one of them.  But it's worth asking.  

The Fundamentals of College Algebra DSST might work.  I'd also maybe just ask them what to do.  Worst thing is that there's nothing, and then you can just take it there (might be a good easy option).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(10-09-2019, 11:01 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Study.com page https://partners.wgu.edu/Pages/Single.as...144&pid=47

WGU will not take:
Sophia Intro to Ethics or Institutes Insurance Ethics for Business Ethics requirement

Yes, you have to take Intermediate Algebra (don't ask, it makes no sense) - no idea where to get it though

No idea about TEEX

Here's a degree plan for you.  I highlighted in green what you've taken that will work, light green for in progress, yellow for courses that you can't transfer into WGU because they don't allow it, light yellow for courses that you can't find alternatively through Study.com/SL/Saylor (which are the ones we know for sure based on transfer guides linked above).  Since you have to do 30cr/10 courses at WGU, the yellow + light yellow is 9.  I would choose another one from the list to do at WGU, to put you at 10.

Thank you for taking the time look over my plan as well as giving me an updated/revised custom plan. I was going off of Study.com's own transfer guide while you referenced the source that matters, which is WGU. Thanks again.

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
I transferred Aleks college algebra as intermediate and precalc as college algebra. Transferring trig as college algebra should work with the current Aleks setup.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

(10-10-2019, 12:13 AM)shadowgem Wrote:

Thanks, I think I am going to take Math 108 with SDC. I am pushing back my start date at WGU so that gives me some time to knock out my final set of transfer classes.

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
[-] The following 1 user Likes AwardTour's post:
  • shadowgem
(10-09-2019, 11:01 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Study.com page https://partners.wgu.edu/Pages/Single.as...144&pid=47

WGU will not take:

No idea about TEEX

Good news!!!! WGU is not making me take Intermediate Algebra. They will let ALEKS College Algebra count for that requirement AND their own College Algebra requirement. Attached is a screen shot of that section of the WGU evaluation. 

Aside from that, everything came in exactly as dfrecore said it would. I have no idea how she was that accurate considering there are not any current Sophia transfer guides (that I know of). Not even Sophia.org could give me much insight on what would transfer.  

One last thing, I did not make an appeal or ask in any way if ALEKS College Algebra can also cover their Intermediate Algebra requirement, this is a total surprise!

EDIT: Sorry, I missed this. Study.com's Computer Science 303: Database Management IS being accepted to fulfill the WGU Data Management-Foundations requirement. That is also a surprise!

Attached Files
.jpg   WGU1.jpg (Size: 35.71 KB / Downloads: 28)

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
[-] The following 2 users Like AwardTour's post:
  • akr680, shadowgem
Thanks for the update. Sure is good to know they didn't change how Aleks College Algebra transfers and it still works to meet both requirements!  Smile

Have you decided if you will complete your degree at WGU yet?
[-] The following 2 users Like shadowgem's post:
  • akr680, AwardTour

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business of IT - Project Management oram3189 6 550 02-18-2024, 06:31 PM
Last Post: raekwon
  Wanting a masters degree for IT from WGU benon 10 925 01-21-2024, 04:13 AM
Last Post: benon
  New transfer credit for Master degree - WGU Imbanewbie 16 2,222 01-20-2024, 04:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Masters in HR - anyone accelerate through this degree? Whitepines 4 513 01-05-2024, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
  Can you pause your degree? Learnsomestuff 9 1,183 11-17-2023, 10:18 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  BSIT TO MSITM Program - Should I take required Certs before enrolling in degree? Brandon.Thomas.Downer 2 409 11-16-2023, 03:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New degree in Supply Chain & Operations Management MNomadic 3 1,205 11-10-2023, 08:41 AM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Question about class line up for Software Engineering degree Omece 2 964 10-03-2023, 06:26 AM
Last Post: Omece
  Has anyone done the BS in Supply Chains and Operations Management? jsh1138 0 564 09-29-2023, 12:53 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Career Question, Business Management or Cyber Security? Oneautumn7 22 1,664 08-06-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Oneautumn7