Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU transfer....
(10-09-2019, 12:54 PM)dfrecore Wrote: You are much closer to a TESU degree than WGU in terms of number of courses left (about 11), but it's still going to be cheaper to make the switch to WGU if you can.  I would take as many courses as possible through alternative providers, maybe spend ~$1000 for 12 courses, and then complete the final 10 courses in a single term.
Thanks, I was hoping you would reply. I want to thank you again for helping me with my degree plans in the past. If I can get financial aid then it would be great. Even without financial aid WGU will be cheaper as you have said. I know awhile back you told me I should go with WGU instead of TESU. At that point in time I was still not confident in my ability to complete courses quickly online. Even though TESU is more expensive it still seemed better to me. I also thought about stopping half-way through for work reasons after I got an associate degree. WGU does not offer an associate degree so again, that persuaded me to pick TESU.

I no longer care about the associate degree as much as I once did or stopping halfway as I did in the past. I just want to salvage what I have and finish quickly. The constant rule changes have put a bad taste in my mouth with TESU. Aside from all of that, you are right, WGU is cheaper.

Honestly, the only way I would get an associates degree at TESU is if my work situation changes. It might, so I might have to grab that degree since I am only a class away. WGU would take longer to complete. I would not be happy paying more at TESU but it is still a possibility. Much of this now hinges on if I get financial aid or not.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
(10-09-2019, 01:03 PM)AwardTour Wrote:
(10-09-2019, 12:54 PM)dfrecore Wrote: You are much closer to a TESU degree than WGU in terms of number of courses left (about 11), but it's still going to be cheaper to make the switch to WGU if you can.  I would take as many courses as possible through alternative providers, maybe spend ~$1000 for 12 courses, and then complete the final 10 courses in a single term.
Thanks, I was hoping you would reply. I want to thank you again for helping me with my degree plans in the past. If I can get financial aid then it would be great. Even without financial aid WGU will be cheaper as you have said. I know awhile back you told me I should go with WGU instead of TESU. At that point in time I was still not confident in my ability to complete courses quickly online. Even though TESU is more expensive it still seemed better to me. I also thought about stopping half-way through for work reasons after I got an associate degree. WGU does not offer an associate degree so again, that persuaded me to pick TESU.

I no longer care about the associate degree or stopping halfway as I did in the past. I just want to salvage what I have and finish quickly. The constant rule changes have put a bad taste in my mouth with TESU. Aside from all of that, you are right, WGU is cheaper.

Based on your signature, you haven't gotten the AA/AS, so you haven't paid the RW; if that's not the case, and you've paid it, then I would say do the TESU degree.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • AwardTour
(10-09-2019, 01:08 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(10-09-2019, 01:03 PM)AwardTour Wrote:

I no longer care about the associate degree or stopping halfway as I did in the past. I just want to salvage what I have and finish quickly. The constant rule changes have put a bad taste in my mouth with TESU. Aside from all of that, you are right, WGU is cheaper.

Based on your signature, you haven't gotten the AA/AS, so you haven't paid the RW; if that's not the case, and you've paid it, then I would say do the TESU degree.
Honestly, right now it boils down to if I can get FAFSA/financial aid at WGU. You are correct, I have not paid the RW at TESU yet. I am in a unique/odd situation right now where a potential employer told me they will hire me the moment I have an associates degree. I know in most cases an associates degree is not worth much, but since I have the experience combined with their company rules of having a minimum amount of college that's how that happened. 

I am willing to overpay at TESU because of that unique situation. However, like I said, if I get financial aid at WGU then I will finish things out there and postpone work.

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
You are VERY close to an AA at COSC for much cheaper. If you took a Bio Lab and Oral Comm course, you'd be done with alternative credit. You'd then have to pay for the cornerstone and fees.

For the courses, you could do Study.com for a month, and pay an extra $40 for the Bio I w/lab (so $239 total). Or SL, with a $59 coupon, Bio Lab & Intro to Comm would be $227.

There are lab-only courses, but overall it's more expensive because of the Oral Comm course.

Your fees at COSC would be $50 application fee, $266 SSF, $68 tech fee, $1131 cornerstone, and $203 grad fee.

A total of $1945 or $1957. I might consider it if you would get a raise and/or better job.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • AwardTour
(10-09-2019, 02:03 PM)dfrecore Wrote: You are VERY close to an AA at COSC for much cheaper.  If you took a Bio Lab and Oral Comm course, you'd be done with alternative credit.  You'd then have to pay for the cornerstone and fees.

For the courses, you could do Study.com for a month, and pay an extra $40 for the Bio I w/lab (so $239 total). Or SL, with a $59 coupon, Bio Lab & Intro to Comm would be $227.

There are lab-only courses, but overall it's more expensive because of the Oral Comm course.

Your fees at COSC would be $50 application fee, $266 SSF, $68 tech fee, $1131 cornerstone, and $203 grad fee.

A total of $1945 or $1957.  I might consider it if you would get a raise and/or better job.

Thank you very much for making me aware of that. I had no idea because I quit paying attention to COSC after I decided to go to TESU. That is much cheaper considering I would have to take SOS-110 AND pay the RW and graduation fees at TESU.

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question regarding transfer credit courses jobojoe285 6 328 03-28-2024, 12:35 AM
Last Post: jobojoe285
  New transfer credit for Master degree - WGU Imbanewbie 16 2,250 01-20-2024, 04:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Expired CompTIA Certs for Transfer siersema 4 669 01-15-2024, 04:50 PM
Last Post: raekwon
  Computer Science 305: Operating Systems Transfer to WGU alesalsa10 4 742 10-19-2023, 02:20 PM
Last Post: alesalsa10
  How do I know what classes I have completed and can transfer? tazz 17 2,971 10-06-2023, 05:02 PM
Last Post: tazz
  How do transfer (sophia.org/ACE) credits look on a WGU transcript for grad school? dan087 4 1,048 09-25-2023, 05:01 AM
Last Post: dan087
  Sophia's Visual Communcation and Introduction to Information Technology WGU Transfer? OP88 4 1,628 05-16-2023, 05:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  UoPeople to WGU Transfer EDUxplorer 9 2,342 01-09-2023, 10:43 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ASU UL classes transfer to WGU sprout18 10 1,646 09-02-2022, 02:28 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia.org python transfer to wgu (cloud computing) Clepking100 6 2,123 07-19-2022, 03:19 PM
Last Post: LevelUP