Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Principles of Management
I plan on testing Wed for this exam. I'm not that confident yet. How well should I do on the CollegeBoard practice test to pass the real exam? I got a 55% the other day and plan on taking it again tonight.

Are there any other tests that are recommended that people have used as practice tests and what score do you think is necessary to be considered ready for the real exam?
Sammy Wrote:I plan on testing Wed for this exam. I'm not that confident yet. How well should I do on the CollegeBoard practice test to pass the real exam? I got a 55% the other day and plan on taking it again tonight.

Are there any other tests that are recommended that people have used as practice tests and what score do you think is necessary to be considered ready for the real exam?

[SIZE="2"]I would recommend taking other practice tests rather thatn the same one you have already taken and/or mastered. You can always try the REA book or http://www.Petersons.com . Remember the trick is to score at least 1/2 or more questions correct before sitting an exam. GOOD LUCK!!![/SIZE]
I used instantcert and rea, and i thought the instantcert was a lot closer to the test material. Rea seemed to focus more on names while the test was more concepts. This was my highest scoring test, so instantcert alone would easily have been enough.
upgray Wrote:I used instantcert and rea, and i thought the instantcert was a lot closer to the test material. Rea seemed to focus more on names while the test was more concepts. This was my highest scoring test, so instantcert alone would easily have been enough.

Agreed!

This was also my highest scoring test so far.

I studied instantcert for three days as well as the COMEX guide, and then went in and took Intro to Business (66), Principles of Supervision (67), and Principles of Management (77) all on the same day.

I used DSST Official Study Guide book to study for Supervision and Intro to Business. All three of the above exams contain considerable overlapping information. So it helped to study for and take them all close together!

All three exams test your knowledge of concepts rather than names (although it is helpful to know which name goes with which theory or concept etc).

I would say these three exams were among the easiest I have taken to date.

Study hard and prepare well...and you will do just fine!
snazzlefrag Wrote:I studied instantcert for three days as well as the COMEX guide, and then went in and took Intro to Business (66), Principles of Supervision (67), and Principles of Management (77) all on the same day.
Snazzle,
Would you say Principles of Supervision and Principles of Management overlap in much of the material? I've taken Supervision, but will be taking Management on Monday or Tuesday. I actually have to start studying now. :p
I've studied comex and instantcert and I just took the first practice exam with Petersons and got a 70% and then reviewed it. Does that appear to be a sign that I would pass the actual clep exam? I hope to do all 3 petersons. I love the way they give explanations. I have the REA book but I look at it as entirely to thick and complicated, probably unnecessary and based upon one opinion, it doesn't follow the exam that closely. It sounds like instantcert and comex are way more than enough and I hope for at least 70% plus on the petersons.

I recognize that some would say I am overstudying but I have no room for error. If I don't pass, I don't have the time nor the money(annual enrollment with TESC) for failure and I have enough time to study for my remaining two exams.

I talk alot but really appreciate your input and support. You're all great and I love the opportunity to help when I can. Its a great forum!Big Grin
Sammy Wrote:I've studied comex and instantcert and I just took the first practice exam with Petersons and got a 70% and then reviewed it. Does that appear to be a sign that I would pass the actual clep exam? I hope to do all 3 petersons. I love the way they give explanations. I have the REA book but I look at it as entirely to thick and complicated, probably unnecessary and based upon one opinion, it doesn't follow the exam that closely. It sounds like instantcert and comex are way more than enough and I hope for at least 70% plus on the petersons.

I recognize that some would say I am overstudying but I have no room for error. If I don't pass, I don't have the time nor the money(annual enrollment with TESC) for failure and I have enough time to study for my remaining two exams.

I talk alot but really appreciate your input and support. You're all great and I love the opportunity to help when I can. Its a great forum!Big Grin

Sammy,

Trust me when I tell you that you are "good to go" on the Management exam.

You will score in the 70's. I used Instantcert and COMEX too. It was more than enough to earn a 77.

You will score higher on the actual exam than you did on the Peterson's mocks. They are more difficult than the real thing!

Okay! I've told you your future. Now I can put my crystal ball away for the night.

Best of luck on your exam,
Snazzlefrag
anar579 Wrote:Snazzle,
Would you say Principles of Supervision and Principles of Management overlap in much of the material? I've taken Supervision, but will be taking Management on Monday or Tuesday. I actually have to start studying now. :p

Anar,

Principles of Supervision covered topics applicable to lower level line managers whereas Principles of Management covers the same content but then takes it further and also covers topics applicable to upper management.

The concepts, theories, and theorists are the same for both subjects so there is a LOT of overlap.

As I said, I took both on the same day in addition to Intro to Business. All three were very similar since Intro to Business includes sections on Supervisory and Upper level Management. I had also taken Principles of Marketing a week earlier and that helped me on the Intro to Business exam too.

I just took DANTES Human Resource Management yesterday and, if I had to do this all over again, I would certainly group this exam in with those I mentioned above.

Organizational Behavior would also fit in with this group of exams.

The same names, terminology, concepts, and theories just keep popping up in all the business-type exams! It's pretty cool actually!

Good luck with your exam next week,
Snazzlefrag
Snazzlefrag (Nice name BTW Smile )

Thanks for your confidence booster. That is a great help. The reason I am particularly annal about this exam is that it is my last exam that I am taking that doesn't have another option. I mus take principles of management and a mistake could cost me easily $2000! Then I only have a social science to take. I could fail it and still have time to take another but Princ. of Man is my only option in this catagory. I'll still do each practice exam and study instantcert somemore.

Thanks again.
Sammy Wrote:Snazzlefrag (Nice name BTW Smile )

Thanks for your confidence booster. That is a great help. The reason I am particularly annal about this exam is that it is my last exam that I am taking that doesn't have another option. I mus take principles of management and a mistake could cost me easily $2000! Then I only have a social science to take. I could fail it and still have time to take another but Princ. of Man is my only option in this catagory. I'll still do each practice exam and study instantcert somemore.

Thanks again.
Sammy, your apprehension is understandable, a lot is at stake. Although I'm sure you'll pass from the preparation you already have, there might be an alternative if you don't. TECEP offers a Principles of Management exam as well, which your school may take. It's more expensive than CLEP at $420 (for non-TESC students), but cheaper than $2000!

http://www.tesc.edu/catalog/tecep.php?Co...de=MAN-301

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project Management Training: ENEB, Google or others? JPN 9 2,320 12-08-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  TECEP Operations Management colinsr 4 576 10-09-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  7 Time-Management Tips for Online College Students LevelUP 0 457 02-08-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Degree choices. BA Supply chain management vs BLS with an MIS minor Schlafen 12 994 01-31-2023, 12:06 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  Google Project Management: Professional Certificate midnite123 5 1,577 10-06-2022, 07:46 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Learning Management System Vle045 12 1,201 06-24-2022, 12:01 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 0 951 06-23-2022, 05:58 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  University of London offering 15% bursary for their MSc in Management programs nyvrem 5 839 05-26-2022, 01:10 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  Is it a good idea to step into cybersecurity domain after graduting from management? rishu 7 1,062 01-06-2022, 12:10 AM
  BSc Business & Management (Honors Top Up) £5,250 or less! bjcheung77 0 500 08-22-2021, 06:19 PM