Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Principles of Marketing
I'm taking the Principles of Marketing CLEP tomorrow and need to score at least a 60. Does anyone have any advice or particulars on the exam? Are there a lot of questions that require math calculations?

THANKS!
Bama Wrote:I'm taking the Principles of Management CLEP tomorrow and need to score at least a 60. Does anyone have any advice or particulars on the exam? Are there a lot of questions that require math calculations?

THANKS!

Hi Bama,

Instantcert is enough to pass this exam...assuming you have studied it well enough. I felt this was one of the easier exams of all I have taken so far.

I don't recall there being ANY math calculations at all on this exam. If there are, they will only require VERY basic arithmetic that you can do in your head.

Best of luck,
Snazzlefrag
snazzlefrag Wrote:Hi Bama,

Instantcert is enough to pass this exam...assuming you have studied it well enough. I felt this was one of the easier exams of all I have taken so far.

I don't recall there being ANY math calculations at all on this exam. If there are, they will only require VERY basic arithmetic that you can do in your head.

Best of luck,
Snazzlefrag

Thanks. I sure hope I score a 60 or better. I've studied Instacert quite a bit and feel as though I know the material. I downloaded the Collegeboard study guide for the test and there were some word problems that were a bit tricky (for me).

I did well on the Principles of Management but I felt that the Petersons test site really helped out too. Unfortunately, Petersons doesn't have marketing.
Bama Wrote:Thanks. I sure hope I score a 60 or better. I've studied Instacert quite a bit and feel as though I know the material. I downloaded the Collegeboard study guide for the test and there were some word problems that were a bit tricky (for me).

I did well on the Principles of Management but I felt that the Petersons test site really helped out too. Unfortunately, Petersons doesn't have marketing.

Wait....are you asking about Management or Marketing?

If I remember correctly, the marketing exam had a few basic math question relating to the Elasticity of demand and Profit margins etc. Nothing too difficult. If you know your stuff, you will know how to do the calculations included in the exam, in your head.

Sorry if I confused you with my earlier response. The title of the thread says Principles of MANAGEMENT!

I personally found Marketing to be more difficult than the Management exam. Obviously, your experience may be different though.

Best of luck...on whichever exam you are taking tomorrow! :p
:o :o :o :o
I'm tired and obviously can't think straight!!! I'll be taking the Principles of Marketing.

If a mod reads this can you please change the thread title from management to marketing? thanks.
I've also taken the marketing exam using only instantcert and passed with a 64. If you get to where you know 90 - 95% of the slides you'll do fine.
bxwhitse Wrote:I've also taken the marketing exam using only instantcert and passed with a 64. If you get to where you know 90 - 95% of the slides you'll do fine.

Thanks, I sure hope so. I'll be testing in a couple of hours.
Just got home from taking Principles of Marketing....I scored a 65
Bama Wrote:Just got home from taking Principles of Marketing....I scored a 65
CONGRATS!!
Bama Wrote:I'm taking the Principles of Marketing CLEP tomorrow and need to score at least a 60. Does anyone have any advice or particulars on the exam? Are there a lot of questions that require math calculations?

THANKS!

I plan on taking this exam soon. I'm curious, why did you need a 60 or better? I know excelsior just has this listed as Pass/Fail at 50.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Futurelearn has BA degrees in Marketing & Design for 13k USD. Masters for 7k USD. nyvrem 1 283 02-16-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  CBE Marketing Names sanantone 4 590 07-04-2022, 06:54 AM
Last Post: dbinghamjr
  UMPI YourPace now offering BABA Marketing starting in August ashkir 3 1,517 04-27-2021, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  DSST Principles of Public Speaking MrsIrie 12 2,888 09-04-2020, 10:55 PM
Last Post: momofminis
  Marketing Communications TECEP bringit 4 2,321 05-16-2019, 08:20 PM
Last Post: CarpeDiem8
  Study.com materials for DSST Principles of Finance? Cordero9001 1 1,030 04-20-2019, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Zachcleigh
  Where can I find a study guide for Principles of Supervision? suzycupcake 4 1,263 03-17-2019, 08:37 PM
Last Post: suzycupcake
  Any Experience with Principles of finance ECE, Quantitative analysis ECE? elikugel 1 997 12-17-2018, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Devin1118
  DSST Principles of Public Speaking Part 2 Question- Timer available? elenlushk 1 1,507 11-15-2018, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  What's up with the Principles of Finance DSST? studyandpass5 6 3,214 06-05-2018, 02:24 PM
Last Post: studyandpass5