Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems getting WGU to accept Credly/ACE transcripts?
Has anyone else here had issues getting WGU to evaluate their ACE transcripts from Credly? I sent it using the Credly website, since I have Sophia credits I'd like to get evaluated (actually sent it twice... once to certificateinfo@wgu.edu and then to transcriptinfo@wgu.edu after not getting a response for a few days).

Just checked my "Submit Transcripts" page in the Enrollment Portal and where it previously said it was waiting on my Sophia transcript, it now says "Invalid - Other". I plan on contacting Enrollment on Monday to see what's going on, but I'm wondering if anyone else here has experienced this with them.
Current: WGU BS, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance (082/122 credits)
Done: Pierpont AAS, Board of Governors: Information Systems emphasis (awarded Dec 2022)
You might need to have your Sophia transcripts sent through Parchment. I'd call on Monday and ask what the problem is.
Did you pay the application fee?

Quote:To have an official transcript evaluation completed, you will need to submit the online application form and pay the application fee. See the online Application For Admission form.

https://partners.wgu.edu/Pages/Transfer....arning+LLC

Quote:NOTE: You should complete and submit your WGU application BEFORE requesting/submitting your transcripts.

https://www.wgu.edu/admissions/transfers...o-wgu.html
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
I had the same issue when ACE first switched to Credly, my enrollment counselor was zero help - honestly, I just gave up and switched gears altogether. If you just have Sophia/SL/SDC you can send those directly - but sources like CSM and the other smaller ones I have no idea how you'd get WGU to acknlowedge them.
(06-25-2022, 08:43 PM)carrythenothing Wrote: Did you pay the application fee?

Quote:To have an official transcript evaluation completed, you will need to submit the online application form and pay the application fee. See the online Application For Admission form.

It's free to apply to WGU.

https://partners.wgu.edu/Pages/Transfer....arning+LLC

Quote:NOTE: You should complete and submit your WGU application BEFORE requesting/submitting your transcripts.

https://www.wgu.edu/admissions/transfers...o-wgu.html

There's no application fee and I've already submitted other transcripts and had them evaluated.

(06-25-2022, 08:57 PM)dbinghamjr Wrote: I had the same issue when ACE first switched to Credly, my enrollment counselor was zero help - honestly, I just gave up and switched gears altogether. If you just have Sophia/SL/SDC you can send those directly - but sources like CSM and the other smaller ones I have no idea how you'd get WGU to acknlowedge them.

Yeah, just that sending directly costs money while through Credly is free. Hopefully I can find someone in enrollment who can help. (My EC is on vacation until the first week of July.)
Done: Pierpont AAS, Board of Governors: Information Systems emphasis (awarded Dec 2022)
(06-25-2022, 09:21 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
It's free to apply to WGU.

You're both correct. While WGU "charges" an application fee, they waive it for everybody. However, it would be nice if they just called it $0 to save some confusion.

(06-25-2022, 09:51 PM)raekwon Wrote: Yeah, just that sending directly costs money while through Credly is free. Hopefully I can find someone in enrollment who can help. (My EC is on vacation until the first week of July.)

Sophia should send it directly to WGU for free. You can request it in support chat.
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes origamishuttle's post:
  • raekwon
(06-25-2022, 08:57 PM)dbinghamjr Wrote: I had the same issue when ACE first switched to Credly, my enrollment counselor was zero help - honestly, I just gave up and switched gears altogether. If you just have Sophia/SL/SDC you can send those directly - but sources like CSM and the other smaller ones I have no idea how you'd get WGU to acknlowedge them.

Just spoke to an EC in the College of IT and he essentially told me that they have to be directly sent from the source, not Credly. Not a problem for Sophia, but I'm currently working through ALEKS College Algebra (because it's ACE accredited and I like their platform for math MUCH better), and it looks like the only way they send transcripts is through Credly.

Super unhappy about this. Maybe my assigned EC can help me out when they get back from vacation.
There's not much you can do, basically I suggest contacting ALEKS by email support and having them send the information to WGU and any other institutions you need the required details. I would suggest doing this for all providers since WGU won't take it from ACE/Credly directly.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • raekwon
(06-27-2022, 05:17 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: There's not much you can do, basically I suggest contacting ALEKS by email support and having them send the information to WGU and any other institutions you need the required details.  I would suggest doing this for all providers since WGU won't take it from ACE/Credly directly.

Yeah, I actually did exactly that and ALEKS told me that "unfortunately," the only way they can possibly send transcripts right now is through Credly. I'm going to see what my EC says when they return from vacation, as I've seen other reports elsewhere that sometimes WGU will accept Credly transcripts.

Failing that... then I've got a new plan--get the BoG AAS from Pierpont (who definitely accepts Credly transcripts) and then transfer the degree over to WGU to take care of all of my gen ed requirements. It would delay my WGU start by a few months, but I'm more than okay with that. Would rather do that than take a course once from ALEKS or InstantCert just to find out that I have to take it again from Sophia or SDC.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sending Acclaim/Credly to WGU? dbinghamjr 14 4,664 06-27-2022, 05:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  GPA transcripts for Medical schools? DataMan 6 1,619 07-17-2021, 09:47 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  TRANSCRIPTS FROM SDC & SL TO WGU Mitmike2019 2 1,126 02-21-2021, 11:57 PM
Last Post: GizmoJack
  WGU requiring Excelsior transcripts AND individual CLEP/DSST? islandcoli 7 1,510 06-18-2015, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Lindagerr