Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ProctorU
Has anyone ever had problems with ProctorU on a Mac? I am able to open it and see everything on my netbook, but the web page will not load on my old Macbook and I need to take the exam on the Mac. It won't even try to load and is just saying "cannot connect to the server of this webpage" or whatever. I've never had any problem with RPNow and I just checked again and am able to get on that web page. Any idea what is going on?
I have trouble every time on my Mac. Sometimes my cam feed freezes and the proctor has to open the cam from an external website.
I just chatted with the support team using my Chromebook and they sent me to the support page login which worked on the Mac. The guy claims it will work without issue when the test starts so we'll see.
Good luck.
Well, whatever the problem was it was with Safari. After having to deal with the support chat again the proctor asked me to open a different browser and Chrome worked without issue.
You beat me too this I was going to say proctoru doesn't like to work with safari, works perfect in chrome for me though.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
FWIW, it's not a Mac issue, either. ProctorU just has obnoxious software, apparently, because I use Windows and it never works for me in Firefox, either. They make me reinstall Chrome every time. (I hate having extra browsers on my computer that I don't use, so I keep uninstalling Chrome, forgetting that's why I had it!) One almost wonders if ProctorU is owned by Google.
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats
a2jc4life Wrote:FWIW, it's not a Mac issue, either. ProctorU just has obnoxious software, apparently, because I use Windows and it never works for me in Firefox, either. They make me reinstall Chrome every time. (I hate having extra browsers on my computer that I don't use, so I keep uninstalling Chrome, forgetting that's why I had it!) One almost wonders if ProctorU is owned by Google.

That's funny, 'cause I've been using Firefox on a Mac, and I haven't had any problems (yet).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ProctorU moving to new 'Guardian Browser' system jch 4 2,216 05-17-2023, 04:04 PM
Last Post: jch
  ProctorU to Become Meazure Learning eriehiker 6 1,155 10-04-2021, 04:28 PM
Last Post: ctcarl
  ProctorU TwinMom 15 2,226 03-22-2021, 01:23 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
  ProctorU data breach jch 8 1,847 08-30-2020, 06:32 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  ProctorU Premium Fee Issues ctcarl 2 1,349 05-04-2020, 05:00 PM
Last Post: ctcarl
  ProctorU natshar 3 958 04-20-2020, 02:19 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Shocked ProctorU issues? mariorun 6 1,473 10-17-2019, 07:27 AM
Last Post: BrighterFuture88
  Serious (possible) issue with proctorU cecilgambe7 10 2,957 08-27-2019, 09:31 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Question about RPNow vs ProctorU Imbanewbie 15 3,771 08-25-2019, 09:18 PM
Last Post: cecilgambe7
Question ProctorU - what happens if your internet disconnects during an exam? Kelly Green 4 10,302 09-10-2018, 08:14 AM
Last Post: zzzz24