Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about transferring AAS from CIE
Just curious if anyone has had any experience with this, as I have not been able to find anything in regards to someones personal experience by searching around the internet.

I graduated from CIE with an AAS in Electronics Engineering Technology in Dec 2013. Sometime in 2014 CIE lost their accreditation with DETC (DEAC now).

Now I want to peruse my Bachelors in Software Development at WGU, but I am concerned about the ability to transfer my credits due to the loss of accreditation after I graduated. Has anyone done this themselves successfully or perhaps heard of someone being able to do transfer their credits? I'm just trying to make a plan at this time on how to tackle this Bachelors in somewhat speedy fashion.
Pebbelzz Wrote:Just curious if anyone has had any experience with this, as I have not been able to find anything in regards to someones personal experience by searching around the internet.

I graduated from CIE with an AAS in Electronics Engineering Technology in Dec 2013. Sometime in 2014 CIE lost their accreditation with DETC (DEAC now).

Now I want to peruse my Bachelors in Software Development at WGU, but I am concerned about the ability to transfer my credits due to the loss of accreditation after I graduated. Has anyone done this themselves successfully or perhaps heard of someone being able to do transfer their credits? I'm just trying to make a plan at this time on how to tackle this Bachelors in somewhat speedy fashion.

As long as you graduated while they were accredited, you should be fine.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
If they had accreditation at the time of your graduation, you should be fine.

But it also can't hurt to contact WGU and talk to them.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Pebbelzz Wrote:Just curious if anyone has had any experience with this, as I have not been able to find anything in regards to someones personal experience by searching around the internet.

Congrats on getting the AAS BEFORE they lost their accreditation, as that will work just fine for transferring to WGU.
*sigh* I was enrolled with CIE/WC and was doing their BEET and BCIS jointly when they lost their accreditation.
I shouldn't have waited, thinking to just skip the AS and go straight to the B and work on them at the same time.
There were only 18 credits difference in each "major", the other courses were exactly the same (think of it as 2 BSBA with diff concentrations).

Anyways, long story short, I decided to start over and only work on RA credits (again - as the previous one before that was defunct).
Do you have industry certifications? If you do, you should get credit for them as well when you transfer everything in.
WGU was NA accredited as well, it shouldn't be a problem transferring to them, you just need to know what courses are now required.
I would apply to them right away since there's an application fee waiver going until the end of the month.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thanks everyone for the responses.

bjcheung77 Wrote:Congrats on getting the AAS BEFORE they lost their accreditation, as that will work just fine for transferring to WGU.
*sigh* I was enrolled with CIE/WC and was doing their BEET and BCIS jointly when they lost their accreditation.
I shouldn't have waited, thinking to just skip the AS and go straight to the B and work on them at the same time.
There were only 18 credits difference in each "major", the other courses were exactly the same (think of it as 2 BSBA with diff concentrations).

Anyways, long story short, I decided to start over and only work on RA credits (again - as the previous one before that was defunct).
Do you have industry certifications? If you do, you should get credit for them as well when you transfer everything in.
WGU was NA accredited as well, it shouldn't be a problem transferring to them, you just need to know what courses are now required.
I would apply to them right away since there's an application fee waiver going until the end of the month.

I am planning on applying next week, right now I'm plowing through the TEEX Cybersecurity courses in hopes to transfer those in, but unfortunately no certs to go with that. I am studying for A+ currently so I can get through those courses relatively fast, along with trying to wrap my head around Java.
Pebbelzz Wrote:I am planning on applying next week, right now I'm plowing through the TEEX Cybersecurity courses in hopes to transfer those in, but unfortunately no certs to go with that. I am studying for A+ currently so I can get through those courses relatively fast, along with trying to wrap my head around Java.

That's great, you can get credit for the A+. Yes, apply quickly and transfer your TEEX courses in if it's acceptable.
If you've not taken any Java programming yet, you may want to start with the Saylor CS101 course and get 3 credits for $25.
If I were in your shoes, I would get all the "non IT / industry" courses transferred and take all the required IT Certs from WGU.
WGU BSIT is a competency based degree, which means, you learn while you study and get training with those Certs.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RBA degree question Jennr2z 19 3,175 12-14-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,350 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  EdX MicroBachelors letter grade question cardiacclep 3 619 12-28-2022, 08:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Transferology question - how to find ACE and NCCRS? katsiki 4 550 10-09-2022, 01:37 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Question about Transferring Credits Nelson Lin 3 739 09-17-2022, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 2 1,205 08-24-2022, 03:41 PM
Last Post: sparkling
  ACTFL signup question(s) Insert Name 9 981 06-29-2022, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  ACTFL question Jennr2z 5 827 06-04-2022, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  XAMK question k-k-k-katy 62 7,462 04-23-2022, 02:32 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  ACTFL- silly question... uncapentin 10 1,152 02-22-2022, 10:09 PM
Last Post: dfrecore