Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions on which courses work for General Ed
I was going to update the Wiki's.

Do we know yet if Instantcert Spanish still works for UMPI?
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
It does if it was completed before it changed to vocational.
Looks like, according to UMPI's database, Sophia Spanish has transferred in.  Degree plans updated.

Maybe it would be a good idea to do one General Education plan separate that would work for all the degrees. Then I can include all the course options and only have to update one plan if something changes.

I'll make a note that the business plans have the separate business math requirement.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • origamishuttle, Pikachu
(07-17-2022, 11:18 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Looks like, according to UMPI's database, Sophia Spanish has transferred in.  Degree plans updated.

Maybe it would be a good idea to do one General Education plan separate that would work for all the degrees. Then I can include all the course options and only have to update one plan if something changes.

I'll make a note that the business plans have the separate business math requirement.

Yes, Sophia's Spanish class transfers to UMPI. The InstantCert one will not after the expiration date as it became a vocational course not a collegiate level course. InstantCert is going to stop offering ACE courses in general fairly soon.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • origamishuttle
I was looking at the UMPI database.

What Sophia course is "Introductory Applied Math" which works for 3A, 3B?

Does Sophia Introduction to Sociology still work for 2B, 5A? (Now called Intro Soc: Embrac Diver/Collab)

Intro to Psychology, now called Intro Psych: Smarter Decisions, is now only a PSY elective, right?

Study.com Communication 102: Interpersonal Communication works for 2D?

General Education Roadmap Beta

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...ts_Roadmap

Review the GE roadmap, and I'll me know if you see any errors or something else that could be added.
(07-18-2022, 04:47 PM)LevelUP Wrote: I was looking at the UMPI database.

What Sophia course is "Introductory Applied Math" which works for 3A, 3B?

Does Sophia Introduction to Sociology still work for 2B, 5A? (Now called Intro Soc: Embrac Diver/Collab)

Intro to Psychology, now called Intro Psych: Smarter Decisions, is now only a PSY elective, right?

General Education Roadmap Beta

Review the GE roadmap, and I'll me know if you see any errors or something else that could be added.

I don't know which degree accepts Introduction to College Mathematics as 3A and 3B. I know I had to have College Algebra or higher for my BLS and Mathematics for Business for my BABA. 

The new Intro to Soc comes in as SOC100 and is for 2B and 5A. 

The new Intro to Psych course is PSY101 so it's a psych elective.

ETA: RE: Roadmap

Intro to College Math - no idea which degrees accept that for the GEC. BLS didn't and neither did my BABA.

3C -Sophia's Human Bio fills this as well

3E- Study bio w/ lab or chem w/ lab

5E - American Government is a cakewalk class at UMPI. It's not worth paying Study for it. It is easy to complete in 3 days.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • LevelUP, Pikachu
Updated GE

On the Math requirements

For BABA degree, you only have to do Business Math?

For all other degrees, you can do either College Algebra or Intro to stats?

* I made a note on Intro College Mathematics that we don't know if this will work for any degrees, which is why it's not recommended. 

Science Lab

Will Study.com BIOLOGY 107L Clinical Microbiology w/Lab work for either 3C or 3E?
(07-18-2022, 05:37 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Updated GE

On the Math requirements

For BABA degree, you only have to do Business Math?

For all other degrees, you can do either College Algebra or Intro to stats?

* I made a note on Intro College Mathematics that we don't know if this will work for any degrees, which is why it's not recommended. 

Science Lab

Will Study.com BIOLOGY 107L Clinical Microbiology w/Lab work for either 3C or 3E?

BABA needed Business Math only.

For BLS they used both College Algebra and Intro to Stats for me. 

According to the transfer database it comes in for 3E but not 3C. 

BIOLOGY 107L

Clinical Microbiology w/Lab
BIO 1XX
Biology Elective
GLO3:LOE
I noticed Chemistry with Lab according to the transfer database, it comes in for 3E but not 3C.
(07-18-2022, 05:46 PM)LevelUP Wrote: I noticed Chemistry with Lab according to the transfer database, it comes in for 3E but not 3C.

Chem never comes in for 3C. It comes in for 3D & 3E.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions regarding international admissions. kjhkjh2001 11 469 03-19-2024, 07:44 AM
Last Post: ishady
  UL Courses Outside of UMPI - Fast CCCollege 7 936 03-11-2024, 10:46 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Questions about course selection beikaRAY 2 181 03-01-2024, 12:53 AM
  UMPI BLS PM - Changing Major - Questions Gijaodola 6 503 02-26-2024, 05:51 PM
Smile BAS UMPI Degree Planning Questions Chimera 6 562 02-25-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  How does adding another class work? Marlin9276 4 362 02-02-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  radicallena - UMPI Questions radicallena 14 1,929 01-04-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  UMPI Courses Question lala25 6 1,140 01-03-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Has anyone taken non-degree courses at UMPI as a pathway to get entry into UMPI? FM1 13 883 12-18-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: FM1
  UMPI Transfer Credit Questions Cb1818c 2 497 12-02-2023, 03:05 PM
Last Post: Ncerva