Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Question
What do you all DO with your diplomas (the actual physical, encased paper) once you get them?  I photographed mine (because sometimes I need to upload proof it exists) and then promptly put it in a file cabinet.  Anyone not have theirs just tucked away in a file cabinet or on a bookcase?
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats
Most people frame them and hang them in their office. Unless they are not proud of the degree and others don't need to see it? And people who work at home will hang them in their home office.

I've seen diplomas in offices, but it varies by industry. It's quite common, almost expected, in medical offices. MD, DO, OD, PharmD typically prominently display their degrees. In industries where specific degrees or licenses are not required, having a degree on the office wall is kind of rare from what I've seen. A disproportionate number of the generic degrees I've seen displayed are from Ivy League schools. I can also recall people saying that a coworker is a showoff for displaying a generic Ivy League degree. A Harvard medical degree can reassure someone that a physician is qualified. If an anthropology major from Harvard has the degree on the wall at Domino's pizza, it probably doesn't reassure the person that the pizza will be better.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
It seems common for any licensed profession and anyone with a Masters or higher. That's a lot of people.

When I get mine, I'm hanging it on my wall.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • BingCherry, mudball
Went up on my wall. I'm proud of it!
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 2 users Like davewill's post:
  • BingCherry, mudball
(12-05-2017, 12:07 PM)clep3705 Wrote: If an anthropology major from Harvard has the degree on the wall at Domino's pizza, it probably doesn't reassure the person that the pizza will be better.

LOL  

Since you have to take it out of the fancy case to frame it, I wasn't sure if people typically did that who aren't required to display them.  I think my husband's M.Div. is framed, but all the other diplomas in our house are currently just on shelves or in files.  (Maybe we'd be more likely to hang them, though, if we had more wall space.  With five kids' worth of beds and dressers, and a good deal of space occupied by bookcases, we don't have a lot of free wall space.)
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

(12-05-2017, 01:35 PM)a2jc4life Wrote: Since you have to take it out of the fancy case to frame it, I wasn't sure if people typically did that who aren't required to display them.

Some of the schools don't send a fancy case Sad

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • a2jc4life
(12-05-2017, 10:51 AM)a2jc4life Wrote: What do you all DO with your diplomas (the actual physical, encased paper) once you get them?  I photographed mine (because sometimes I need to upload proof it exists) and then promptly put it in a file cabinet.  Anyone not have theirs just tucked away in a file cabinet or on a bookcase?

So funny you say that!! Hubby and I both had our culinary degrees in a box, but in frames. We both got our bachelor's degrees and never got around to getting them framed UNTIL we went to my master's graduation. My graduation gift from him was a really nice frame from Canisius College (from their bookstore with gold embossed logo, etc.) so THAT wasn't going in a box.... Anyway, that prompted me to get on the ball. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought frames for all of them and hung them up in the hallway near the bedrooms. They aren't "hidden" but they aren't front and center either.
When my sons started working on their degrees, I felt extra encouraged about displaying them because I want them to know that we are proud of what we accomplished - not bragging- but proud, which is a healthy feeling to have after something like that.

On a side note, I worked on this one day while my hubby was at work. As a prank, I sent him a photo and told him I found the perfect place to hang his degree. In our guest bathroom next to the toilet - ha ha ;p
(12-07-2017, 12:57 PM)cookderosa Wrote: On a side note, I worked on this one day while my hubby was at work.  As a prank, I sent him a photo and told him I found the perfect place to hang his degree.  In our guest bathroom next to the toilet - ha ha ;p

hahahahaha  It would probably get seen a lot. Wink
-Rachel

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RBA degree question Jennr2z 19 3,190 12-14-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,354 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  5 Random Questions [LOR, Pell, SNHU, etc] omicreativedev 5 764 01-07-2023, 04:03 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  EdX MicroBachelors letter grade question cardiacclep 3 619 12-28-2022, 08:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Transferology question - how to find ACE and NCCRS? katsiki 4 550 10-09-2022, 01:37 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Question about Transferring Credits Nelson Lin 3 739 09-17-2022, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 2 1,206 08-24-2022, 03:41 PM
Last Post: sparkling
  ACTFL signup question(s) Insert Name 9 982 06-29-2022, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  ACTFL question Jennr2z 5 827 06-04-2022, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  XAMK question k-k-k-katy 62 7,465 04-23-2022, 02:32 AM
Last Post: MrPanda