Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Referencing prior assignments in a course
(01-22-2021, 10:52 AM)ARhead Wrote: Yeah, one of the things the last assignment asks you to write about is exactly what the second last assignment is about. I'm aware of the issue of self-plagiarism, it just seems in this case that wouldn't apply. The mentor has not got back to me yet. If I don't get a reply I'll just cite myself.

On another note, isn't this kind of how the capstone works (LIB-495)?....Isn't it the case that you write and submit parts of the final essay and they get marked and then you assemble the whole thing and submit it?....Or are the first number of written assignments about random other topics, and the final assignment is a completely separate thing?

LevelUP - I completely forgot about the tutoring.

I don't have time to play games with them.

I just rewrote the section which took me like 15 min.

The tutoring gives you around 180 minutes.  I'm not sure if that resets every month or what?  I did see a reset before.   If you turn in a paper, that uses up 30-40min of time.  I usually select content development, wasn't sure what else be good to check.  It is useful, can spot some obvious mistakes such as things you forget in answering the rubric or assignment questions.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • ARhead
https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/writi...ngyourself is relevant to this discussion.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flelm's post:
  • ARhead
Hey LevelUP - Thanks. For future reference, what was the turnaround time for them sending you back your "looked over" essay?
It takes about 10 seconds to write your own name in parentheses then add a line to the references section. But feel free to roll the dice on losing points if that level of effort is too much. In fact I dare say it will take longer trying to write the mentor to try and get out of it than to just do it.

As Merlin said, it is also good practice if you happen to continue your studies. No time like the present to learn to do it properly.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tallpilot's post:
  • Merlin
(01-22-2021, 04:25 PM)ARhead Wrote: Hey LevelUP - Thanks. For future reference, what was the turnaround time for them sending you back your "looked over" essay?

Less than 30 min for first available and maybe 12 hours if you request business/technical expert.  Their max time they say on their site is 24hrs.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU joins the ACE/Credly Prior Learning Network Pilot jch 5 948 12-02-2022, 12:31 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Capstone Do You Just Compile Assignments? utility 2 625 07-21-2021, 02:28 PM
Last Post: P226mem
  Prior Learning Assessment for Coopersmith Courses? badcookie 13 1,827 03-16-2021, 01:17 PM
Last Post: badcookie
  Prior to 2018 TEEX credits not allowed for ACE credit collegechick 3 785 11-16-2020, 01:11 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  ASNSM Prior Catalog Year Flelm 5 780 10-20-2020, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Flelm
  TESU PLA-100-Intro Prior Learning Assessment vetvso 6 1,612 10-07-2018, 03:16 PM
Last Post: MNomadic