Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regionally accredited college accepting online credit transfer
I just thought I would chime in with my experience with the California board. I did not take any courses from study.com or straighterline, however I did take one clep and a couple of dsst tests. I also have portfolio credits. I never heard from the board about those credits, and I am officially qualified to sit for the CPA exam in California with those credits on my transcript. The qualification occurred before I finished my master's and I did not submit any credits for my master's in order to qualify.
BSBA/Accounting TESU (2016). MSAcc UIUC (2018).

Need help with portfolios? I earned 18 credits at TESU through portfolio evaluations. Nine of those were for upper level accounting courses. My advice for PLA/portfolios: TESU portfolio tips The first post has the Portfolio Checklist I created. Page ten has the actual narrative I wrote to receive credit for ACC-440.

Using Straighterline's Financial Accounting as a substitute for TESU's Intermediate Accounting I? Don't do it if you are an accounting major and/or want your CPA license. They are not the same courses AT ALL. Read more here: Intermediate Accounting II
(01-12-2019, 09:09 AM)tesu-acct-student Wrote: I just thought I would chime in with my experience with the California board. I did not take any courses from study.com or straighterline, however I did take one clep and a couple of dsst tests. I also have portfolio credits. I never heard from the board about those credits, and I am officially qualified to sit for the CPA exam in California with those credits on my transcript. The qualification occurred before I finished my master's and I did not submit any credits for my master's in order to qualify.

It seems you have an undergraduate degree with the proper accounting-related course.  Is that what allowed you to meet the qualification to sit for the CPA exam in CAL?
Robin
Member since 2008

~ Slowly collecting credits from a variety of sources. Almost finished with my baccalaureate degree.
Quote:It seems you have an undergraduate degree with the proper accounting-related course.  Is that what allowed you to meet the qualification to sit for the CPA exam in CAL?

Yes, BSBA with an accounting concentration at TESU.
BSBA/Accounting TESU (2016). MSAcc UIUC (2018).

Need help with portfolios? I earned 18 credits at TESU through portfolio evaluations. Nine of those were for upper level accounting courses. My advice for PLA/portfolios: TESU portfolio tips The first post has the Portfolio Checklist I created. Page ten has the actual narrative I wrote to receive credit for ACC-440.

Using Straighterline's Financial Accounting as a substitute for TESU's Intermediate Accounting I? Don't do it if you are an accounting major and/or want your CPA license. They are not the same courses AT ALL. Read more here: Intermediate Accounting II

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Crippling self doubt! (aka starting college at 40!) Mil0 127 5,905 Yesterday, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Where Tech CEOs Went to College sanantone 5 287 06-22-2019, 04:18 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  TEEX also has new cheap online forensics/law enforcement courses MNomadic 46 3,096 06-21-2019, 07:16 PM
Last Post: suzycupcake
  HBX Becomes "Harvard Business School Online" Jonathan Whatley 7 299 06-21-2019, 06:44 AM
Last Post: posabsolute
  Dine College: $55 per credit hour eriehiker 21 1,285 06-17-2019, 09:10 PM
Last Post: eriehiker
  Current Return on Earning a College Degree sanantone 3 160 06-16-2019, 06:19 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Online ABET Accredited CS Degree armstrongsubero 0 180 06-14-2019, 07:10 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit bjcheung77 40 47,329 06-07-2019, 01:38 AM
Last Post: Stepeanie
  Peirce College Competency-Based Bachelor's in IT sanantone 1 161 06-05-2019, 10:56 AM
Last Post: mysonx3
  What do you think of the FREE online college degree? geissingert 17 896 06-05-2019, 08:32 AM
Last Post: cookderosa