Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ridiculously Easy Associates Degree - Purdue University Global
(01-10-2022, 02:23 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(01-10-2022, 12:18 PM)Jazzfish Wrote: Pretty curious about the associate in professional studies just to get a degree that allows me to pursue some educational goals.

I'm not from the US.

Would anyone be able to recommend a plan or a strategy on how to go about this in the most efficient manner?

Thank you all in advance.

It sounds like the best/fastest way for most people to do this would be to get the W3Schools PHP certificate (which, apparently, doesn't actually require knowledge of PHP because it's all open book anyway) for 39 credits + Google IT Professional Certificate through Coursera for 15 Purdue credits or 44 credits alltogether. You need a total of 90 credits (same as 60 credits at some other schools). 

For gen ed requirements, you need: English Comp I, English Comp II, Math, Arts/Humanities, Science, Social Science, Public Speaking, 2 gen ed electives. As far as I'm aware, Sophia courses should work fine for these requirements, even though they're 4.5 credits. You just need to make up the missing credits so everything totals up to 90: https://purdueglobal.sophia.org/ 
  • For English Comp I, take Foundations of English Comp. That one's actually pretty fast and easy.
  • For English Comp II, it looks like they accept English Comp I @ Sophia. It's not the fastest course, but it's not as bad as their English Comp II.
  • Math is easy: Algebra @ Sophia. 
  • Arts/Humanities, take Ancient Greek Philosophers at Sophia (need for Ethics, see below). 
  • Science, Environmental Science @ Sophia. 
  • Social Science: pick one of macroecon, microecon, US History I, US History II
  • Public speaking: Communications 101: Public Speaking at Study.com. Or you could try it at Sophia, but that one can be quite slow to complete.
  • 2 gen ed electives: Intro to Ethics (this will be useful for most US Bachelor degrees) + some other Sophia Math, Humanities, Science, Social Science course that does not have Touchstones. You can see which ones have Touchstones here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List I suggest Human Biology, but that's up to you.
Between Sophia and the certs, that should bring you to around 84 credits. Add the 5 courses that you have to take at Purdue and you'll have a bit over 100 credits, which should get you your degree.

I forget if it's already been posted, but full degree requirements for the Associate are here: https://catalog.purdueglobal.edu/undergr...tudies-as/

rachel83az,

I wanted to get the associates at purdue in applied science IT - with emphasis on programming development.
I haven't had much luck trying to figure out the fastest way.
Do you think that the Google IT and the W3PHP could also be transferred to this program and eliminate a bunch of courses?
(01-25-2022, 07:30 AM)Dreamer1290 Wrote: rachel83az,

I wanted to get the associates at purdue in applied science IT - with emphasis on programming development.
Do you think that the Google IT and the W3PHP could also be transferred to this program and eliminate a bunch of courses?

That's a completely different degree than what's being discussed in this thread, so I don't know for sure. Compare https://www.purdueglobal.edu/alternative...ion-exams/ with the degree plan here https://catalog.purdueglobal.edu/undergr...ntext-otp1 to see what, if any, would be applicable to the degree.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(01-25-2022, 07:30 AM)Dreamer1290 Wrote:
(01-10-2022, 02:23 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(01-10-2022, 12:18 PM)Jazzfish Wrote: Pretty curious about the associate in professional studies just to get a degree that allows me to pursue some educational goals.

I'm not from the US.

Would anyone be able to recommend a plan or a strategy on how to go about this in the most efficient manner?

Thank you all in advance.

It sounds like the best/fastest way for most people to do this would be to get the W3Schools PHP certificate (which, apparently, doesn't actually require knowledge of PHP because it's all open book anyway) for 39 credits + Google IT Professional Certificate through Coursera for 15 Purdue credits or 44 credits alltogether. You need a total of 90 credits (same as 60 credits at some other schools). 

For gen ed requirements, you need: English Comp I, English Comp II, Math, Arts/Humanities, Science, Social Science, Public Speaking, 2 gen ed electives. As far as I'm aware, Sophia courses should work fine for these requirements, even though they're 4.5 credits. You just need to make up the missing credits so everything totals up to 90: https://purdueglobal.sophia.org/ 
  • For English Comp I, take Foundations of English Comp. That one's actually pretty fast and easy.
  • For English Comp II, it looks like they accept English Comp I @ Sophia. It's not the fastest course, but it's not as bad as their English Comp II.
  • Math is easy: Algebra @ Sophia. 
  • Arts/Humanities, take Ancient Greek Philosophers at Sophia (need for Ethics, see below). 
  • Science, Environmental Science @ Sophia. 
  • Social Science: pick one of macroecon, microecon, US History I, US History II
  • Public speaking: Communications 101: Public Speaking at Study.com. Or you could try it at Sophia, but that one can be quite slow to complete.
  • 2 gen ed electives: Intro to Ethics (this will be useful for most US Bachelor degrees) + some other Sophia Math, Humanities, Science, Social Science course that does not have Touchstones. You can see which ones have Touchstones here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List I suggest Human Biology, but that's up to you.
Between Sophia and the certs, that should bring you to around 84 credits. Add the 5 courses that you have to take at Purdue and you'll have a bit over 100 credits, which should get you your degree.

I forget if it's already been posted, but full degree requirements for the Associate are here: https://catalog.purdueglobal.edu/undergr...tudies-as/

rachel83az,

Those courses should transfer in; however that degree isn't an ExcelTrack degree, so you would be paying full cost per course, which is $371 per credit hour or a minimum of $1855 per course.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of the People Experiences ashkir 61 10,262 04-08-2024, 04:18 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
Lightbulb Purdue University Global - BA Information Technology [Review & Advice] 9yeire 49 7,501 04-04-2024, 05:43 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Lifestyle Prescriptions University ADC2305 2 336 03-18-2024, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ADC2305
  University of Wisconsin - Flexible Program (BSBA Degree) KanekiGirl99 2 411 03-16-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  PUG has removed some master's degree programs from ExcelTrack RbxFunRocks 28 1,318 03-09-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: PositiveBelgae
  Name Brand, RA, State School Degree - Penn State World PreLawCoastie 7 1,254 03-02-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  For purdue global whats discrete mathematics like? purduestudent 2 249 02-26-2024, 04:18 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  University of Wisconsin has a self-paced, competency-based program MikeHez 28 5,981 02-25-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: ItsNeverTheLionsYear
  University of the People - Fee Price Hike bjcheung77 21 3,630 02-01-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Colorado State University GLOBAL? GoBroncos95 3 757 01-30-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: LevelUP