Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roll call?
Member Since: 2/10 2006....and still "collecting" degrees! Rolleyes
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
cookderosa Wrote:I know we have a lot of newer people, and from time to time I'll notice another long-time member will pop back in. Who is still here from more than 2 years ago? If you've finished your degree, why do you stay?
When I first came here my only intention was to obtain an AS. In short order that goal turned into a BSBA (You are SUCH an inspiring group of people!).

So... one down, one to go. Of course, now I keep eyeballing a master's in something.

Does it EVER end?
ShotoJuku Wrote:Member Since: 2/10 2006....and still "collecting" degrees! Rolleyes

I can't leave, I'm trying to keep up with your post count hilarious
I'm posting though haven't been here for two years... yet Wink

I am so glad that I found this place and even though I got my degree and am working on my bilingual MBA, DH and 5 kids need to get through school and this will save us so much time and money!!

I can't say for sure because I still have a year and a half to go in my MBA program, but I don't think my testing days are over. I don't have spare credits, as I graduated with 121, but there is something VERY addictive about the instant gratification of testing. It's fun.. you study for a week or two and learn about a new topic - usually something interesting. You take all of the BS out of school; you just learn without the homework and deadlines and learning is something that I like. It's the homework and deadlines that take over my life that I don't like. I'm not complaining about the MBA, I love it and I have truly found the perfect program for me, however it is really monopolizing my life right now.

Eventually I would want to go to TESC for an AAS and psych degree, though like I said, we'll see how it goes once I'm done with grad school. I may be totally burned out.

P.S. In addition to hanging out here for more info and to 'pay it back,' I really like the folks here... I can honestly say that this forum is the only place I've ever been on the net where everyone is genuine and sincerely wants to help.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
I've been a member since 2009. My brother told me about this site. He had been a member for awhile, so he told me to check out the flash cards and the forum. I've been addicted ever since (nah just kidding). I completed the last requirements for my degree in September, but I haven't broken my habit of checking the forum once in a while and seeing what's going on. I, like many others have said as well, would like to give back to others in some way, so I try give a bit here and there (I'm here for you finance people, please flee the dark side of ACCOUNTING, its just evil :roflolSmile.

On the subject of extra credits, I've considered getting a second bachelors because I have about 147 credits. My 24 FEMAs ended up not being used at all (because of my the extra CLEPs and DSSTs that I'd taken). I could double major. IDK what do you all think?
BSBA in Finance from TESC by fall 2011
Total: 147 credits
Too bad there aren't CLEP and DSST tests for graduate courses.
The traditional format just doesn't work for me any longer. Thats why I am at NCU. I didn't mind the 12 week courses at TESC, but I would have been bored out of my mind if I didn't also have the NCU work to do. It felt like I was waiting forever for classmates to post, or for the midterm and finals to come.
I finished the assignments in the fourth week of class for each class and sat around waiting for something exciting to happen for 2 months.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
Still around. Just taking some time to get through Algebra (and the CFE and CAPM)...

Phillip
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Management 77[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Sociology 74[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Marketing 78[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Psychology 80 [/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro Business Law 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics 73[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP A & I Lit 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Microeconomics 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Financial Accounting 62[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Ethics in America 468[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST MIS 482[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Natural Science 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Org Behavior 80[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Finance 462[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Next: ALEKS Jail (College Algebra) Going dark to finish[/SIZE]
I wrote a long explanatory touching post about why I an still here and how long I have been here then I hit one wrong thing and it all disappeared.

So the bottom line is I am still here after 4 1/2 years because I like you people and I feel you are my friends. I would miss you if I just went away.

I also love helping out when newbies are lost and overwhelmed, I remember feeling like that too. Finding people that can understand and help is a forum I like being a part of
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Still here, working on a few credits a year (eeks!), hoping to finish at TESC in 2012, and looking for options for my now 15-year-old son.
Sandy

TESC, AAS in Environmental, Safety, & Security Technologies, 2012
TESC, BA Plain Vanilla Liberal Studies, 2012 Smile
I've been around since spring of 2009. I joined to get one degree and then hung around for other family members who also were pursuing their degrees. Now my grandson is about to start working on his degree and I'm a junky just have to hang every once in a while to see how others are doing, what is going on with the different programs and get new info to pass along to grandson in his pursuit of a degree.
A.S. General Transfer Chattanooga State 2009
B.S.L.A. Thomas Edison State College June 7, 2013
33 CLEP
18 DSST

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  “Karen” threatens to call cops on a braai in South Africa Personherebb9 3 1,110 12-01-2022, 06:21 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Call Center Opinions? videogamesrock 10 1,735 02-26-2016, 02:16 PM
Last Post: videogamesrock
  Inside Higher Ed : A Call for Accreditation of Learning that occurs Outside College Saharapost 6 1,576 10-04-2013, 07:10 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  The Harvard Biologist Chefs Have on Call Jonathan Whatley 3 949 10-01-2013, 10:11 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Roll Tide! dcan 5 980 01-11-2012, 10:33 AM
Last Post: scorched