Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roll call?
Apparently, I am celebrating my 3rd anniversary of joining the forum today!

I am still thrilled that I found this forum and wonderful group of people. It is uniquely peaceful, supportive, encouraging, and helpful. I enjoy all of your inspiring stories and accomplishments.

I would expect graduates to go on to the next step in their lives and not be able to stay. It has been wonderful that so many of you have been able to continue to share your knowledge and experience with this journey. We really appreciate it!

I hope to have this degree finished within a year and celebrate with the rest of the 2012 graduates!
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
cookderosa Wrote:I can't leave, I'm trying to keep up with your post count hilarious

Crap - I should be adding posts rather than deleting them!
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
I thought that I posted here the other day, but I guess it didn't go through.

I joined in August of '09 with the insistence of the my brother. He was a member here from the early days. I completed the last requirements for my degree in September, but I like to hang around and see whats going on. I try and give back here and there.

You guys are like my Facebook friends, but without the faces (or names)!
BSBA in Finance from TESC by fall 2011
Total: 147 credits
My join date was only 9-13-10. But in just a little over a year I learned so very much from this forum. I sit here awaiting degree conferral from COSC and contemplating a Masters...and it's due in large part to members of this forum.

I intend to stick around because I've become something of an alternative education nerd and because I have at least two kids to get through their college educations. Plus I am becoming the "go to guy" at work for questions regarding degree completion.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
I really enjoyed the process of obtaining my degree while learning from other people here, its fun to some of those complete the journey! I also want to keep up to date on the current requirements, I am from the 6 credit CLEP Accounting days so a few things have changed.
Finished in December, 2008 with my BSBA from TESC

Current events dialogue @SamRust on Twitter
Farmerboy Wrote:I really enjoyed the process of obtaining my degree while learning from other people here, its fun to some of those complete the journey! I also want to keep up to date on the current requirements, I am from the 6 credit CLEP Accounting days so a few things have changed.

<<<waving>>> Hi Farmerboy!! If you get a chance, update us on your life, are you still doing political type things? What are your plans nowdays? Are you 18 yet? :p
I was enjoying reading the responses to this thread when I realized that I have actually been here for over two years! My how the time flies :p ...Sort of. I don't think I really count because my degree isn't finished, but I know I'll still be on after I finish, mostly because I want to make my deposits in the Favor Bank, knowing how many withdrawals I had in the process Big Grin

Of course, I did hit 130 forwarded copies of my Humanities notes (many of those bcc'd) a few weeks ago, so actually my debt may have been paid a long time ago Confusedmilelol:
TESC Criminal Justice BA '12
B&M Civil Engineering BS (In Progress)
cookderosa Wrote:<<<waving>>> Hi Farmerboy!! If you get a chance, update us on your life, are you still doing political type things? What are your plans nowdays? Are you 18 yet? :p

Yes, I finally reached that milestone! I am now 20, but cannot wait until I am old enough to appear to have graduated "normally". My degree story has been told way too many times! Just yesterday someone asked what grade I was in....:mad:

I worked in construction for two years, really enjoyed it but wanted a new challenge. So I moved to Utah in January and am now working in a sales/engineering firm (family-owned). I really enjoy what I do, and look forward to continuing down this path for years to come! Politics is still something I am passionate about, but I haven't had as much time to devote to that arena yet. Establishing a family is currently higher on my priority list!

It is fun to see some familiar faces as well as some fresh blood!
Finished in December, 2008 with my BSBA from TESC

Current events dialogue @SamRust on Twitter
Yes, I finally reached that milestone! I am now 20, but cannot wait until I am old enough to appear to have graduated "normally". My degree story has been told way too many times! Just yesterday someone asked what grade I was in....:mad:

Awwww, that's sweet!

I worked in construction for two years, really enjoyed it but wanted a new challenge. So I moved to Utah in January and am now working in a sales/engineering firm (family-owned). I really enjoy what I do, and look forward to continuing down this path for years to come! Politics is still something I am passionate about, but I haven't had as much time to devote to that arena yet. Establishing a family is currently higher on my priority list!

It is fun to see some familiar faces as well as some fresh blood!

Wow! I look forward to hearing about a Mrs. Farmerboy and Farmerbaby Smile
According to my join date I'm coming up on 4.5 years, but I've been lurking around here longer than that. I'm four(!) classes away from finishing my double major at Excelsior but I will be taking only one per semester so I should be "done" at the end of spring 2013. After that I will still be here. I've always been fascinated by learning, whether formally or otherwise, and the odyssey that is my degree path has galvanized in me an interest in education and schooling that will never fade. I don't know if I could ever be a professional teacher or professor, but I see something like that in my distant future, and I sense that people like ourselves are the vanguard for major changes in education in the not-too-distant future. I think we'll see huge portions of the population of the US doing distance learning, testing out, using things like Khan Academy, etc., all the things this forum knew about first. I'm planning on being a part of that in some way, so I'm planning on hanging around the place that taught me all about it. Hopefully I can help some newbies along the path too!

And I'll be doing another degree after I'm done with this one. But it will have to come after getting married, moving, having a kid, etc. You know, all that good stuff that fills up the time in-between classes Smile .

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  “Karen” threatens to call cops on a braai in South Africa Personherebb9 3 1,110 12-01-2022, 06:21 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Call Center Opinions? videogamesrock 10 1,735 02-26-2016, 02:16 PM
Last Post: videogamesrock
  Inside Higher Ed : A Call for Accreditation of Learning that occurs Outside College Saharapost 6 1,576 10-04-2013, 07:10 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  The Harvard Biologist Chefs Have on Call Jonathan Whatley 3 949 10-01-2013, 10:11 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Roll Tide! dcan 5 979 01-11-2012, 10:33 AM
Last Post: scorched