Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SDC 306 - Computer Architecture
(08-19-2019, 01:46 PM)Salamander Wrote: I've done quite a bit a java programming, but never anything in assembly language. Does the SDC course go over the language at all?

Nope. :/
I wonder if you can do it in pseudocode?
----
TESU ASNSM Mathematics, BACS, BALS Psychology 2020 graduate 
(08-20-2019, 11:31 PM)NolaRice Wrote:
(08-19-2019, 01:46 PM)Salamander Wrote: I've done quite a bit a java programming, but never anything in assembly language. Does the SDC course go over the language at all?

Nope. :/
I wonder if you can do it in pseudocode?

This is my last SDC course for the BA CS.  The Computer Architecture project is officially destroying me. If anyone's willing to give some pointers I'd really appreciate a PM.
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

I'm in the same boat, last course now on assignment. Phase one list 5 more instructions fro a total of 14. and Phase 2 instruction set? Do you copy and paste what you done in Login into a word doc for them to see or upload the Logisim file with word doc?
You write your programs in a seperate word file and upload the logisim of the CPU you built.

If you built the CPU yourself you should have no problem understanding the assembly language.

I guess what I'm saying is focus on desiging your P
CPU and its operation. Also for the assembly language progam a little cheat is to explain what your program is trying to do with words as well to clear up any ambiguity in the flaw of your designs or code expression.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

I haven't taken the course, but I have watched these videos and really learned a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FXhjErUz58

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75gBFiFtAb8

I have no idea if they'll be useful for anyone doing the course
I find this to be the hardest project/class too.

I just finished this course (CS306) last month. I found building the CPU in logisim to be really quite fun. I was really proud of the solution I came up with. However, from the notes I got back from the grader, I suspect the grader isn't really qualified for their job. Based on their feedback, they seemed to not understand my circuit at all. I got a decent grade regardless.

I would recommend you do the exercise to your satisfaction and have some fun with it. I'm guessing you'll get a passing grade as long as the circuits look impressive. If you aced the quizzes, you only need to get a combined 55% on the assignment and final exam anyway.

Off topic, but the grader for CS201 was absolutely horrible. I implemented the (very, very easy) program they requested, exactly as they specified. The grader completely misunderstood it and knocked off a bunch of points. It was still passing, so I didn't bother to resubmit. I just felt the grader had no idea what they were doing. Pretty disappointing.
(09-26-2019, 09:13 AM)oneyearcs Wrote: I just finished this course (CS306) last month. I found building the CPU in logisim to be really quite fun. I was really proud of the solution I came up with. However, from the notes I got back from the grader, I suspect the grader isn't really qualified for their job. Based on their feedback, they seemed to not understand my circuit at all. I got a decent grade regardless.

I would recommend you do the exercise to your satisfaction and have some fun with it. I'm guessing you'll get a passing grade as long as the circuits look impressive. If you aced the quizzes, you only need to get a combined 55% on the assignment and final exam anyway.

Off topic, but the grader for CS201 was absolutely horrible. I implemented the (very, very easy) program they requested, exactly as they specified. The grader completely misunderstood it and knocked off a bunch of points. It was still passing, so I didn't bother to resubmit. I just felt the grader had no idea what they were doing. Pretty disappointing.

I got a 90 on that assignment.  The instructor took off 10 points for the documentation category of the rubric even though I had documentation literally after every single line of the code explaining what commands were doing, etc.  

Grading was a joke. Seemed like they just didn't want to give a 100.  

P.S. I work as a data systems analyst.
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

I'm wondering whether SDC is expanding too fast. I've had some issues with recent assignments as well - poor grading, oversight, and some illogical/ill-conceived assignments. They need to take a step back and make sure they have the right people in place.
----
TESU ASNSM Mathematics, BACS, BALS Psychology 2020 graduate 
My assembly code was good, but my circuit didn't work at all and they don't teach you how to do it. A TRUE outrage. First, send in your complaint so they know the course is still a problem. The secret is that your circuit just needs to do enough to work a little. Get a good grade on the quizzes and exams and you can squeeze by.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Speedrunning SDC Data Structures and Computer Architecture advice? Randyb100 15 725 04-09-2024, 06:36 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Computer Architecture Questions ACI 4 879 03-18-2023, 02:02 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Question re: SDC Computer Science 204 - Database Programming raekwon 6 1,586 11-25-2022, 11:51 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  SDC: Computer Science 107 vs Analytics 103? raekwon 7 1,727 06-13-2022, 01:58 AM
  Anyone recently take CS402: Computer Communications and Networks yellow_gambit 7 1,957 04-15-2022, 11:20 PM
Last Post: pajakuta
  URGENT! SDC computer architecture project : part 4 Bobbym 23 3,115 12-27-2021, 09:43 PM
  Question about COS 306 Computer Architecture Study.com Final assignment exxxius 17 3,062 12-19-2021, 01:23 PM
Last Post: AllThose299s
  study.com computer architecture assignment help maxxor6868 9 2,973 10-25-2021, 10:17 AM
  Help on COS 306 Computer Architecture Study.com Final assignment StudentOLife 7 2,002 09-05-2021, 07:40 PM
Last Post: jsarles
  Computer Science 201 | Data Structures & Algorithms akr680 2 1,533 08-31-2021, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Pats20