Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SDC - Both Assignments Required? UL
Let's say you have a passing grade from the quizzes, final exam and the first assignment combined. 

Do you still have to submit a 2nd assignment? UL courses.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
In the past, people have gotten away with not turning in all the assignments but now I believe that SDC requires that you submit them all. If you already have a passing grade, then obviously you don't have to worry about how well you do on your last assignment...
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(10-31-2018, 10:04 AM)MNomadic Wrote: In the past, people have gotten away with not turning in all the assignments but now I believe that SDC requires that you submit them all. If you already have a passing grade, then obviously you don't have to worry about how well you do on your last assignment...

Well on my first course, I would have passed either way, but I sent in both at the same time. 

I think I will end up passing again after the first assignment, so I think I am going to wait for the grade on that one first.
Credits:
I don't have a valid subscription to log in and review but I recall that they will only grade you on the course when everything is complete. Which means, you must do all assignments, quizzes, and the final. You can do a crappy assignment if needed, but it's still required.

I forget I don't recall how you can find your current grade if you don't do the assignments, it should still say "pending grading" or something like that. Including the finals, if you do the finals before the assignments, it should also indicate "pending grading". I might renew my subscription...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I remember reading that people said they didn't have to do all assignments for English Comp 2 for example if they already had a passing grade.
They should allow you to do the same here if that is the case.

I just got my results back, already have a passing grade.
For assignments, all they do is send you a rubric with the score, it doesn't get populated anywhere on the website from what I have seen.
Everything just shows pending grading until everything is complete and you receive the final grade.
Credits:
(10-31-2018, 11:25 AM)zzzz24 Wrote: I remember reading that people said they didn't have to do all assignments for English Comp 2 for example if they already had a passing grade.

Yes that was the case in the past. However, when I and another person from this board did that course earlier this year(I think around march-may) they required us to complete all assignments before receiving a grade. It wasn't much extra trouble to knock out my last essay in a few hours to finish the course.

(10-31-2018, 11:25 AM)zzzz24 Wrote: I remember reading that people said they didn't have to do all assignments for English Comp 2 for example if they already had a passing grade.

For assignments, all they do is send you a rubric with the score, it doesn't get populated anywhere on the website from what I have seen.
Everything just shows pending grading until everything is complete and you receive the final grade.

Yes the assignments "grade" counts all the assignments and will stay pending until all assignments are submitted and graded(though you do get your individual assignment grades in an email). The final exam grade also stays pending until all assignments are submitted.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
I am just going to literally submit almost nothing and see what happens. I already have over 70% pending the final exam grade.
Credits:
Since Study can send transcripts directly (like Straighterline) I'm wondering if a person could get a letter grade this way at COSC? IF so (and I don't know the answer) that would be a good reason to do the last assignments anyway.
Since I am only getting credit for the courses at TESU, as long as I have 70% or higher that's good enough for me.
Credits:
I have passed multiple Study.com courses without turning in all the required essays. My past experience has been that once you cross the passing grade threshold they just send the "you passed!" email to you and that's that

They might have changed it recently but that for sure was the case earlier this year. I'm working on another course that requires an essay now, i'll post back with results on that
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

[-] The following 2 users Like jsh1138's post:
  • cookderosa, sburch1991

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are study.com assignments necessary? Lingo55 17 4,330 09-03-2023, 09:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com Assignments or Final Exam First? mikehart82 4 1,467 10-12-2022, 10:56 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Study.com- Can you submit assignments after cancelling membership? Jwheels27 7 1,618 09-22-2022, 02:32 PM
Last Post: Jwheels27
  Will a basic plan work for me while I submit my SDC assignments? acethroughcollege 2 701 05-25-2022, 11:48 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  SDC assignments before final acethroughcollege 8 1,109 05-16-2022, 04:26 PM
Last Post: tallpilot
  Study.com Essays and Assignments natshar 17 5,949 12-31-2021, 04:41 AM
Last Post: lilybaileyahc
  How fast are assignments graded on Study.com now? bjcheung77 10 1,584 01-12-2021, 09:10 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Does anyone have experience resubmitting assignments on SDC? daharamu 7 2,102 12-19-2020, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Dorothy44
  SDC How long until you get your graded Proctored Final or Assignments back? daharamu 5 1,374 12-15-2020, 08:17 PM
Last Post: daharamu
  Study.com Assignments nimbus 1 875 06-27-2020, 03:15 PM
Last Post: lacussucceed