Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SDC Papers
I just started SDC to hopefully get through 9 UL courses by the end of this year. I flew through the quizzes for my first course and am getting ready to take the final. Supposing I get a high score on the final and have 99 points from the quizes, can I do a pretty rushed job on the papers to get above 210 points in the course, or will they not accept them? Does anybody have any experience with this, trying to do well on quizes and tests and not as well on the papers to save time & effort?
I'm studying at COSC and planning on graduating with a BS in Liberal Arts. So far I have completed:

Sophia: Accounting, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Approaches to Studying Religions, Art History I, Art History II, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, English Composition I, Environmental Science, Human Biology, Introduction to Business, Introduction to Ethics, Introduction to Sociology, Introduction to Statistics, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Project Management, Public Speaking, US History II, and Visual Communications. 

ASU Earned Admission: AST 111 Introduction to Solar Systems Astronomy, COM 100 Introduction to Human Communication, ENG 102 English Composition: Research and Writing, and CIS 105 Computer Applications and Information Technology.

Study.com: BUS 302, BUS 312, BUS 313, BUS 318, BUS 323, PSY 306, PSY 310, PSY 312, PSY 316.

COSC: IDS 101 Cornerstone

Other RA credits transferred: HIS122, PSY101, FLN125, PHL220, ITE213

Up Next: ISB-498 & ISB-499 at COSC
(11-03-2020, 05:54 AM)daharamu Wrote: I just started SDC to hopefully get through 9 UL courses by the end of this year. I flew through the quizzes for my first course and am getting ready to take the final. Supposing I get a high score on the final and have 99 points from the quizes, can I do a pretty rushed job on the papers to get above 210 points in the course, or will they not accept them? Does anybody have any experience with this, trying to do well on quizes and tests and not as well on the papers to save time & effort?

You have to submit something for them to grade, but they don't appear to force you to achieve much. I had a course where I submitted a very incomplete draft (maybe a tenth of the requirement) and they scored it appropriately (already had enough points to pass from the quizzes/final/1st assignment). Some users have reported being to upload something that says "I'd like to skip this/take a 0" and SDC allows it, but I didn't try that method.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dbinghamjr's post:
  • daharamu
(11-03-2020, 05:54 AM)daharamu Wrote: I just started SDC to hopefully get through 9 UL courses by the end of this year. I flew through the quizzes for my first course and am getting ready to take the final. Supposing I get a high score on the final and have 99 points from the quizes, can I do a pretty rushed job on the papers to get above 210 points in the course, or will they not accept them? Does anybody have any experience with this, trying to do well on quizes and tests and not as well on the papers to save time & effort?
Considering all the answers to quizzes are given in answer key, that is easy. That's a guaranteed 100 points to start with. All you have to do is score high on final. And papers need only 10 points. So try your best on papers only to make sure to compensate for any points you won't get on final (flashcards help with studying for final)
[-] The following 2 users Like Seagull's post:
  • daharamu, rachel83az
Great, this is all awesome advice. Thank you so much!
I'm studying at COSC and planning on graduating with a BS in Liberal Arts. So far I have completed:

Sophia: Accounting, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Approaches to Studying Religions, Art History I, Art History II, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, English Composition I, Environmental Science, Human Biology, Introduction to Business, Introduction to Ethics, Introduction to Sociology, Introduction to Statistics, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Project Management, Public Speaking, US History II, and Visual Communications. 

ASU Earned Admission: AST 111 Introduction to Solar Systems Astronomy, COM 100 Introduction to Human Communication, ENG 102 English Composition: Research and Writing, and CIS 105 Computer Applications and Information Technology.

Study.com: BUS 302, BUS 312, BUS 313, BUS 318, BUS 323, PSY 306, PSY 310, PSY 312, PSY 316.

COSC: IDS 101 Cornerstone

Other RA credits transferred: HIS122, PSY101, FLN125, PHL220, ITE213

Up Next: ISB-498 & ISB-499 at COSC
I definitely second the advice to take the final at least once before submitting any papers. Good papers can compensate for poor test results and vice versa. You have 3 total attempts to take the final + I believe you can resubmit your papers. This makes it pretty easy to pass SDC courses that have papers! The ones without papers are a bit more difficult because of the extra weight added to the final exam.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • daharamu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Research Papers Study.com joshua27 1 577 01-21-2023, 10:21 AM
Last Post: allvia
  Study.com Submit Papers without Subscription zilla 4 1,104 11-21-2020, 06:25 PM
Last Post: zilla
  UL Study.com without papers and projects BrendaB 8 1,634 11-16-2020, 04:06 PM
Last Post: ctcarl
  Sophia courses that require papers and other things that require grading. RizP 5 1,301 07-08-2020, 05:11 PM
Last Post: OldManOfTheSea
  Do Study.com word counts for papers include works cited? gutenburg7 6 1,755 10-05-2019, 08:10 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Turnitin truncating papers? a2jc4life 21 3,623 08-13-2018, 12:33 PM
Last Post: davewill
  DAVAR papers GoldieLux 1 1,338 04-16-2018, 05:42 PM
Last Post: Ideas