Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SDC quiz question for power users..
I just read a thread where people were commenting on how many SDC exams they took in a month and I'm sitting here with my jaw on the floor. Even subjects I'm super familiar with, the quizzes are so tedious.

How are you guys getting through so many quizzes so quickly?  Is there some trick to that?  I know placement tests are helpful but it seems a lot of my classes don't have them so I'm doing every quiz...

Does anyone care to share their tactics?  TIA!
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
[-] The following 1 user Likes suzycupcake's post:
  • Muldoon
I think you just have to power through them. I would skip the videos and just read the text. If you know the subject, you can just take the quizzes and skip the readings and videos.
Georgia Institute of Technology: MS in Analytics (3/32 Credits)
Boston University: MS in Software Development
Thomas Edison State University: BA in Liberal Studies
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrBossmanJr's post:
  • suzycupcake
I just skip the lessons and do the quizzes if I know the topic. Also computer science courses have a lot of overlap so there aren't many quuzzes. For instance the new intro to programming & data structures courses were already 50% done for me because of overlap.
[-] The following 1 user Likes joeguida's post:
  • suzycupcake
I watch all the videos on 1.5-2x speed. Occasionally I would read the transcript instead to switch things up, but I’m a visual learner so I preferred the videos. It also helps to do courses that have overlap.
BALS-Humanities from TESU - June 2019

CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, US History 2, West Civ 1, Intro Sociology, American Lit, Humanities, Soc. Sci & History, English Lit
Sophia - Intro to Info Tech, Art History 1, Visual Communications, Managing Conflict, Building Effective Teams
Study - Personal Finance, Comm 120, Math 97, Bus 121, Lib Sci 101, Eng 104, Nutrition 101, Eng 105, His 108, Pol. Sci 102, Earth Sci 104, His 308, Bus 313, His 102, Eng 305, His 105, His 106, His 306, Geometry 101, Bus 324, Com 102
Institutes - Insurance Ethics
TESU - Cornerstone, Music History 2 TECEP, LIB Capstone

Further Credits - Sophia - Conflict Resolution, Enviro Science, Microecon, Intro to Stats, Into to Ethics, Found. of Stats, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Macroecon, Intro to Business, Project Management, Accounting, Art History 2
[-] The following 1 user Likes TexasTink's post:
  • suzycupcake
I only watched the videos maybe once or twice, I much preferred reading the transcripts for anything I already knew (or didn't even have to read for some). It's MUCH faster to read than watch videos for most people I think.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • pws, suzycupcake
I watched videos 95% of the time, but always on at least double speed, usually 2.5. I found I could get through things faster while doing that than reading, and that was the max speed where I could still retain the information.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • suzycupcake
If you are very familiar with the subject, try the placement test at the beginning, so you can complete as many lessons as possible. After that, you can either choose to watch the videos on 1.5x speed, or like others say, just read thro the text. I too found that reading the text saves time. Except for Calculus, where I needed to actually watch the step-by-step solutions to problems, I pushed myself ahead in most courses by reading the text.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Supermind's post:
  • suzycupcake
Only read the transcripts, and:
- Skip all the intros (useless, the text is 1/2 a page!) 
- You can also skip all of the lesson summaries (you just read everything)
- A lot of the text is small intros to each concept, so learn to spot these and skip them as well

Make sure to study the quizzes and look at your mistakes, and also the questions you weren't sure after every quiz. The point is to study the material while learning it, so that studying for the final exam is basically revision (rather than intense study).
[-] The following 1 user Likes pws's post:
  • suzycupcake
Thank you everyone! I spent the day getting through Eng Comp II which was 45% finished because I just got through Eng Comp I! That's the saving grace of SDC. Smile
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
Besides all the techniques everyone else listed I like to multitask. So if I'm powering through a (relatively simple) SDC course, I'm doing it throughout most of the day. Watching videos while I eat, cook, meal prep, riding in a car, brushing teeth, folding laundry, etc.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia Spanish Touchstone Question JohnD 2 257 04-03-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Question Promo Codes, SL vs Sophia Breaachh 11 767 02-11-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Breaachh
  Basic Question About Sophia Touchstones RachelB 10 1,933 10-09-2023, 10:46 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Google IT Support - course question and ACE rvm 2 949 01-29-2023, 05:08 PM
Last Post: rvm
  SDC BIO 101 - question on Labster Mr T 5 636 01-03-2023, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Mr T
  Study.com question - Biology 101L: Intro to Biology with Lab Mr T 6 1,513 12-31-2022, 05:27 PM
  Question re: SDC Computer Science 204 - Database Programming raekwon 6 1,593 11-25-2022, 11:51 AM
  Another Sophia Spanish I question uncapentin 4 916 11-16-2022, 01:49 PM
Last Post: uncapentin
  Study.com Math 108: Discrete Mathematics - Optional Quiz and final exam Titan_s 5 2,125 11-11-2022, 10:13 AM
Last Post: simonbellfi
  Question about Coursera certificates & specializations Pikachu 7 2,986 08-24-2022, 04:51 AM
Last Post: SweetSecret