Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SL American Government - 1st class
(11-30-2018, 10:40 AM)armstrongsubero Wrote: @dfrecore That final is closed book. Nothing to search for during the exam.

Honestly I study for all my exams as if they are closed book, I never once referred to the book during an exam.

But the only points for that class are FROM the exams and the exams are open book (not the final) so your first 700 points are low-hanging fruit AND can be earned quickly by taking advantage of the open book allowance. That's how people complete this course (and others) quickly - by finding out the rules of the game and then making the most of it. You can study in your free time if your interest in American Govt. goes deeper.
So, if time is of the essence, take the exam 1 tonight (open book) and get a feel for the class. If the first exam is awful, you can redo it unlimited times (the questions will be different).
(12-01-2018, 05:33 AM)cookderosa  Thank you! I love the wealth of information on your blog and it has heped me tremendously. Your response certainly helps this tired mom determine a path and verify my thought process. @armstrongsubero For some reason I thought you had to schedule the proctored exam 3 days out? Seriously figuring this all out piece by piece in between my part-time job, 3 crazy boys, car shopping, holidays, etc! AHHHHHH! The good news.......I have about 18 hours between today and Friday to get through some serious content. Thank you so much everyone! Wrote:
(11-30-2018, 10:40 AM)armstrongsubero Wrote: @dfrecore That final is closed book. Nothing to search for during the exam.

Honestly I study for all my exams as if they are closed book, I never once referred to the book during an exam.

But the only points for that class are FROM the exams and the exams are open book (not the final) so your first 700 points are low-hanging fruit AND can be earned quickly by taking advantage of the open book allowance.  That's how people complete this course (and others) quickly - by finding out the rules of the game and then making the most of it.  You can study in your free time if your interest in American Govt. goes deeper.
So, if time is of the essence, take the exam 1 tonight (open book) and get a feel for the class.  If the first exam is awful, you can redo it unlimited times (the questions will be different).
@erinp88 nope you dont have to wait 3 days, I always pay to schedule the exam in a few hours!

Well do whatever works for you, was just giving my method.

@cookderosa was just sharing what worked for me
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

The lessons are pointless, all the tests are from the book. Smile I did the first lesson, but, the ebook was much better. I started the class last night and am already through the midterm with a 97% so far. I'm just reading the book. Every single test question has been in the book. Take special note of whenever anyone's opinion is quoted. For instance, there's like one insignificant line about Louis Hartz and it's on the test.. lol If you see a bold term, know it. If you see a name with a quote, know it. Most of the test though is just stuff you know if you are already reasonably informed.
Enrolled in WGU MAcc - Start Date 12/01/2019
B&M State College (90 credits 3.57 GPA)
Modern States CLEP  (27 credits) Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (64)  Introduction to Sociology (65) Information Systems (71) Principles of Management (68) Principles of Marketing (73) Principles of Macroeconomics (70) Principles of Microeconomics (53), Introduction to Business Law (60)
Sophia(2 credits)
Straighterline (9)American Government, Western Civilizations I, Introduction to Religion
WGU (71): Organizational Behavior, Spreadsheets, Global Business, Principles of Accounting, Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Principles of Finance, Business Strategy.. graduated Oct/2019
WGU MAcc (30) Graduated Apr 2020
121 credits earned Dec 23, 2018-Feb 24, 2020 Smile 
Well, I procrastinated ......the holidays, right? Yes, I quickly learned that the lessons were a waste of time. At first I was taking detailed notes of each chapter and it was taking way too long. Before the final, I am sitting at a 97%. Wondering how much more time I should invest into studying before scheduling the final.
(01-03-2019, 10:17 PM)erinp88 Wrote: Well, I procrastinated ......the holidays, right? Yes, I quickly learned that the lessons were a waste of time. At first I was taking detailed notes of each chapter and it was taking way too long. Before the final, I am sitting at a 97%. Wondering how much more time I should invest into studying before scheduling the final.

Depends on personal preference. I am taking my final on Saturday and have spent no additional time studying for the final. I have a 98% on the class, so, could bomb the final horribly and still pass. The final is worth 300 points of the total 1000 points.  The final is CLOSED book. My plan is just to reread the previous exams for review. I'm sure I won't get a 90+, but, I bet just reviewing the previous tests I'll still get an 80 or so.
Modern States CLEP  (27 credits) Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (64)  Introduction to Sociology (65) Information Systems (71) Principles of Management (68) Principles of Marketing (73) Principles of Macroeconomics (70) Principles of Microeconomics (53), Introduction to Business Law (60)
Sophia(2 credits)
Straighterline (9)American Government, Western Civilizations I, Introduction to Religion
WGU (71): Organizational Behavior, Spreadsheets, Global Business, Principles of Accounting, Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Principles of Finance, Business Strategy.. graduated Oct/2019
I am studying for an hour and will do the ProctorU test now option......... Just reviewing as many test questions as possible!
(01-11-2019, 11:31 AM)erinp88 Wrote: I am studying for an hour and will do the ProctorU test now option......... Just reviewing as many test questions as possible!

Sadly enough, my final featured almost none of the previous test questions. I got a 68.. lol I think there were maybe 5 questions I'd seen before. I would have done better, but, had a bunch of technical difficulties and was starting the test almost two hours after I was supposed to take the test. I don't own a laptop and my computer is right in the dining room with no doors that can be shut. So, I used spouse's laptop but he's really bad with technology so I should have double checked all of his settings before attempting. He bought the laptop to try to record video gameplay for Youtube (insert eyeroll here) and had installed all kinds of crazy free programs that changed his webcam and mic settings. 
Tech support at ProctorU couldn't fix, disconnected with me and told me to try back when I found another computer to test on. I spent the next hour restoring his stupid laptop to factory settings and removing all his various freeware. Then when I tried to access my test again I couldn't and I got a advisor who kept telling me I'd never scheduled my test and needed to schedule my test, so, gave up and paid $12 to test now since I couldn't get an advisor who could see that I already was in a testing session. So, yeah, by the time I started the test, I was at a level of rage/anxiety not conducive to a good test.. lol

Hopefully you have better luck, but, I will say that most of the questions weren't familiar.
Sophia(2 credits)
you get to use a page of notes, front and back. I'm taking it in two days. Does anybody have a suggestion on my notes?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 3 604 03-01-2024, 09:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free credit course website for non-American Pinko64 3 676 11-04-2023, 05:51 PM
  American Dream Alumni Academy? acethroughcollege 18 4,268 07-10-2023, 01:15 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Sophia - U.S. Government AllThose299s 10 2,853 06-07-2023, 09:19 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  American Government mt_1994 21 1,997 05-20-2023, 06:37 PM
Last Post: a4tunatemom
  Study.com Class Expiring smarterby1degree 0 530 02-27-2023, 12:21 PM
Last Post: smarterby1degree
  Sophia class order faptaincrunch 5 877 01-06-2023, 03:19 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  SDC Presentation Skills Class NOT transferring to TESU?? ACI 4 700 12-22-2022, 02:15 PM
Last Post: ACI
  What happens if you drop a class in Sophia? Insert Name 18 8,692 12-13-2022, 08:50 AM
Last Post: Fewind
  Easiest LL & UL Class on Study.com dragonwolf 13 3,477 07-21-2022, 01:30 AM